- 1. Convert Videos to Any Format+
- 1.1 Best Video Converter to MP4
- 1.2 Top 8 Free Video Converter to MP4
- 1.3 Top 9 3GP Video Converters
- 1.4 Online Video Converters to AVI
- 1.5 Top 5 MPEG Video Converters
- 1.6 FLV Video Converters
- 1.7 6 Free Video to JPG Converters
- 1.8 Top 10 Video to GIF Converters
- 1.9 Top 6 Video to Text Converters
- 2.0 Top 5 TP Converters in 2020
- 2.1 Top 5 Free WebM Video Converters
- 2.2 Top 5 HTC Video Converters
- 2.3 Best 5 MOD/TOD Converters
- 2.4 Best 7 WTV Converters
- 2.5 Top 10 2D to 3D Video Converters
- 2. Video to Audio Converters+
- 3. Video Converters for Device+
- 4. Other Video Converters Tips+
- 4.1 Top 10 Free Video Converters Windows
- 4.2 Top 11 Online YouTube Converters
- 4.3 Free YouTube Video Converters
- 4.4 Facebook Video Converters
- 4.5 Is Online Video Converter Safe
- 4.6 Video Format Converters
- 4.7 Top 5 Video Size Converters
- 4.8 Top 6 Video Resolution Converters
- 4.9 Batch Video Converters
- 4.10 Top 5 MXF Converters
- 4.11 DVR-MS Converter
- 4.12 Alternative to HandBrake
- 4.13 HandBrake Settings
- 4.14 Alternative to Movavi Windows
- 4.15 Best Alternative to Movavi
- 4.16 Alternative to Freemake
- 4.17 YouTube Playlist Downloader
- 4.18 Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 4.19 4K to 1080p Converter
- 4.20 Upload Screen Recording
- 4.21 Download Sound Effects
- 4.22 Edit Videos Easily
- 4.23 Video Editors for Beginners
- 4.24 Maximize Study Efficiency
- 4.25 Convert Online Videos for Phone
- 4.26 Top 10 Online Study Sites
- 4.27 HEVC Converter
- 4.28 H.265 Video Converter
- 4.29 Online WLMP Converter
- 4.30 6 Popular AMV Converters
- 4.31 Best Format Factory Alternative
- 4.32 Top 10 Free Quicktime Converter
- 4.33 How to Screen Capture in iMovie
- 4.34 How to Join Movies in iMovie
- 4.35 Easy WAy to Cut Video in iMovie
- 4.36 How to Crop Video in iMovie
- 4.37 Best Free Google MP3 Converters
- 4.38 Top 11 Google MP4 Converters
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
Best 5 MOD/TOD Converters to Convert TOD to MP4 Easily
“I have a few video files in storage that are in MOD and TOD file format. Is it possible to convert the camcorder files using a video conversion tool? Which software allows smooth transition of formats?”
If you have used Panasonic or JVC tapeless camcorders in the past, then you are probably familiar with MOD and TOD formats. The file types were among the pioneers in enabling 1080i frame resolution, playing the videos on devices.
However, you can only play such clips on your computer with media players to reproduce MPEG videos. It is not an ideal scenario. The only solution to it is converting the MOD and TOD files to compatible formats such as MP4 or MOV.
Here, you will know about the best 5 MOD and TOD converters available across Windows and macOS.
- Part 1. What are MOD and TOD
- Part 2. Best MOD/TOD Converter to Convert TOD to MP4 on Windows/Mac
- Part 3. 4 Other Recommended MOD/TOD Converters to Convert TOD Files
- Part 4. Summary
The videos you record through the Panasonic, Canon, or JVC tapeless digital camcorders are in the MOD and TOD formats. MOD files are generally available in standard definition. However, you can record high-def videos under the TOD format. The video files are stored in the internal memory of the camcorder. Moreover, you can only view the files on your PC or Mac with a player that reproduces MPEG-2 videos.
If you aim to share the MOD and TOD files across multiple devices or platforms, then it is better to convert them to a format that runs smoothly. In the next half of the article, we will share which platform is efficient in converting MOD and TOD files.
Playing or converting a MOD or TOD file across desktop computers is a massive issue for a standard user. Luckily, Wondershare UniConverter covers both ends by offering utilities such as converting the MOD/TOD file to more than 1000 different formats. The coverage extends to image and audio conversion as well. Moreover, the tool allows you to edit, cut, or add effects to a video.
UniConverter’s key characteristics are as follows:
You can download media files with the Downloader function.
The Merger provides the necessary tools to combine multiple videos into one.
You can transfer the MOD/TOD files from the camcorder to the PC for conversion with the UniConverter.
Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7.
The UniConverter offers the same features across both Windows and macOS. Download the tool today and follow the instructions below to convert MOD/TOD files quickly.
Step 1 Run the Tool and Upload the MOD/TOD File
Launch the UniConverter and access the Converter section. Click on the Upload button to add the MOD/TOD file to the interface. Once you have imported the video successfully, proceed towards Step 2.
Step 2 Adjust the Audio/Video Settings
Access the Settings cog next to the added MOD/TOD file. Under the Video button, select MP4 or any other file type as the output format. Select the resolution and adjust the frame rate, bit-rate, and encoder settings.
Step 3 Start the MOD/TOD Conversion
You can select the new location for the converted file by clicking on the File Location tab. Once all is set, click on Convert for the file conversion to begin. The process will take merely a few seconds to complete. You can preview the file on the UniConverter as well.
There are some other online and offline MOD/TOD converters that claim to offer fast file conversion. The tools are accessible on both Windows and macOS. Moreover, they allow you to select all the popular video file formats. In this section, we will share the dos and don’t of the 4 recommended MOD/TOD converters.
Aiseesoft provides the means to convert the MOD/TOD to numerous audio/video file formats, including MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, MP3, and FLAC. The simple interface allows easy navigation. Additionally, the software supports playing and converting 1080p and 4K files.
- It has separate versions for Windows and macOS.
- Aiseesoft is one of the fastest video conversion tools.
- The 1-year pricing plan is expensive.
The free iMoviesoft Converter can convert the MOD/TOD files to familiar media file types such as AVI, MOV, MP4, and WMV. You will find the presets for smartphones, gaming consoles, and several other devices with the software.
- It offers coverage across macOS and Windows.
- You can extract audio from MOD/TOD files with ease.
- The interface is not user-friendly.
The effective online tool Convertio offers you the option to upload MOD/TOD files from URL, Cloud Storage Platforms, and your Device. The simple web-interface makes the entire conversion process quick. Moreover, the file’s quality remains the same, no matter which output format you select.
- It offers a Chrome extension.
- The online tool lets you customize settings such as aspect ratio, quality, and resolution.
- It only supports 37 video formats.
AnyConv is a familiar online converter that supports MOD/TOD files. Moreover, it allows changing their format to compatible ones quickly. The service is easily accessible through any standard web browser that you use in your routine.
- The service is secure and maintains your privacy.
- You can perform batch conversion with AnyConv.
- The free version only allows 50MB conversion at a time.
MOD and TOD file types are scarce. It is the reason only a few numbers of tools support playing or converting the format altogether. We have discussed the best 5 software out of them that offers convenience quickly.
However, the online tools do not permit conversion past a specific file limit. Moreover, offline programs offer restricted output format coverage, which could prevent you from converting the MOD and TOD files to the preferred format.
Only the UniConverters provides complete support across macOS and Windows with an opportunity to select over 1000 output file formats, 90x rendering speed, and a simple interface.