- 1. Transfer Tips+
- 1.1 How to Upload Videos from iPhone to Computer
- 1.2 How to Import Videos From iPhone to Mac
- 1.3 Import Videos From iPhone to PC
- 1.4 How to Transfer Videos From Mac to iPhone
- 1.5 Share Video iPhone
- 1.6 Mail Drop iPhone
- 1.7 Convert iPhone to Android
- 1.8 how to send video from android to iphone
- 1.9 How to Send Video From iPhone to Android
- 1.10 How to Send Video From iPhone Without Losing Quality
- 1.11 Import Video to iPhone
- 1.12 How to Upload Video to iPhone
- 1.13 How to Add Videos to iPhone
- 1.14 Transfer MP4 to iPhone
- 1.15 How to Transfer GoPro Videos to iPhone
- 2. Edit Photos on iPhone+
- 3. Edit Videos on iPhone+
- 3.1 iPhone Video Format
- 3.2 iPhone Supported Video Formats
- 3.3 Reduce Video Size iPhone
- 3.4 Resize video iphone
- 3.5 How to Trim a Video on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Clip a Video on iPhone
- 3.7 How to Crop a Video on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Crop a Video on iPhone with/without iMovie
- 3.9 iPhone Video Upside Down
- 3.10 Change Video Orientation iPhone
- 3.11 Time Lapse iPhone
- 3.12 How to Speed Up Video on iPhone
- 3.13 Zoom Video iPhone
- 3.14 How to Merge Videos on iPhone
- 3.15 How to Brighten a Video on iPhone
- 3.16 Play MKV on iPhone
- 3.17 How to Play Videos on iPhone
- 3.18 Screen Record iPhone
- 3.19 Record Audio on iPhone
- 3.20 Remove Audio from Video iPhone
- 3.21 How to Record Youtube Videos on iPhone
- 3.22 How to Remove Sound from iPhone Video
- 3.23 How to Upload a Video to Youtube from iPhone
- 3.24 iPhone Subtitles
- 4. Convert Video to iPhone+
- 5. Other Tips+
What Video Formats are Supported by iPhone
While using your iOS Device, have you ever wondered what video file format does iPhone use? If yes, you are in the right place. Honestly, iOS devices (and even Mac computers) could be a bit daunting when used for the first time, especially if you’re coming from a Windows background. Although the interface is intuitive and the performance is smooth, it is not easy to have an MP4 or MP3 file on your iPhone or iPad unless you buy it from iTunes Store.
Also, even if you have used iTunes to add a video file to your iOS Device’s library, it may not necessarily play on your smartphone, and you would need a decent tool to convert the media to any of the iPhone supported video formats before you can enjoy watching it. This is where all the parts and sections given below come into the picture.
- Part 1. What Video and Audio Formats Does iPhone Support
- Part 2. How to Play Unsupported Video and Audio Formats on iPhone in Simple Steps
- Part 3. How to Convert Unsupported Video Format to iPhone Online
- Part 4. How to Convert Unsupported Video Format to iPhone with App
At the time of this writing, all iPhone compatible video formats are H.264 in *.MP4, *.MOV, *.M4V file extensions. As for iPhone audio format, *.MP3, *.AAC, Protected AAC, and also *.MP3 and *.M4A (in Apple Lossless) extensions are supported by these smartphones. In addition to this, the latest models of iPhones such as iPhone X, Xs, and above also support High-Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) in H.265 (or MPEG-H) formats with *.MP4 file extensions.
If your iPhone refuses to support or even recognize any media file that you import to its storage, you are left with no option other than converting the file to any of the iPhone supported video formats. Although there are many online and offline media file converters available in the market, the best among all those is Wondershare UniConverter due to its efficiency, simple UI, and also because it is capable of accepting and converting files of almost all formats to any other relevant format without any hassle or hindrance.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Best iPhone video converter to convert videos and audios in any format among 1,000+ popular file formats.
- Convert videos to iPhone/iPad and other iOS devices with editing features and super fast converting speed.
- Transfer media files from Mac to iPhone/iPad/Android devices easily without quality loss.
- Paste URL to download videos from 10,000+ websites like YouTube.
- Burn videos to DVD/ISO/IFO files with free DVD menu templates.
- Toolbox with functions of Fix Media Metadata, video compressor, Cast to TV, GIF Maker, Screen Recorder, and DVD Copy.
- Supported OS: Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
You can follow steps given below to convert video files to iPhone compatible video formats using Wondershare UniConverter:
Video Tutorial: Wondershare UniConverter - Convert Video to iPhone Supported Video Formats
Step 1 Click Add Files and Import an Unrecognized Video.
Start Wondershare UniConverter on your Windows or Mac PC (Windows 10 is used here), navigate to and select the unrecognized video, and click Open.
Step 2 Select Device and Modify the Video
Once the video is imported to Wondershare UniConverter, go to Convert all files to, select Device from the top, ensure that Apple is selected in the left pane, and select your iPhone model from the right (iPhone X is selected here as an example).
Step 3 Select an Output Folder and Convert the Video
Back on the main interface, select an output folder from the bottom, and click Convert to convert the clip to iPhone X video format.
If you are looking for a free tool that can help you produce iPhone supported video formats but don’t wish to have a dedicated program installed on your PC, an online video converter is something you would want to try. Wondershare has you back in this area as well. To elaborate, Online UniConverter is a web-based tool to convert files from any format to any of their relevant formats. The tool is developed by the same vendor, i.e., Wondershare. Although not as robust as its desktop variant, Online UniConverter is still quite efficient and way better than other online conversion programs available on the Internet today.
You can follow the instructions given below to convert unrecognized media files to iPhone compatible video formats:
Step 1: Go to Online iPhone Video Converter and Import an Unrecognized Video File.
Go to https://www.media.io/convert/iphone-video-converter.html, click the + icon on the main page, select the unsupported video, and click Open.
Step 2: Choose a Format to Convert the Video.
Click to open the Convert all files to list from the top-right corner and select MP4 from the Video tab. Optionally you can choose any other format you believe could be played on your iPhone.
Step 3: Convert the Video.
Click CONVERT to convert the file to your iPhone supported video format.
If you don’t want to get PC-bound merely to extract soundtrack from a video to make it compatible with iPhone audio format, you can try your hands on some efficient apps with good star-rating. One such app that might interest you is Media Converter – video to mp3 (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/media-converter-video-to-mp3/id1294207675).
Media Converter – video to mp3 does more than what its name suggests. The app is capable of extracting sounds from videos and converting them to a compatible iPhone audio format such as MP3, OGG (using a program that has supported codecs), M4A, etc. In addition to this, the app can also convert a clip or footage to any of the iPhone compatible video formats that can then be played on your favorite player. Not only this, Media Converter – video to mp3 has its own built-in media player that can play almost all iPhone supported video formats without installing any other codec or plugin.
Users who are new to the Apple platform and/or iOS Devices may find it a bit challenging to play media files on their smartphone or iPad as they might not know what video formats can iPhone play. If you are one of them, you can try the above discussed iPhone app for conversion or to extract the soundtrack and convert the file to iPhone audio format in order to add it to your audio playlist. On the other hand, if you want more control over the video formats (iPhone X video format for example) but don’t want to install any program on your PC or iPhone because you convert the media files occasionally, you can go for Online UniConverter (https://www.media.io/), an online conversion tool by Wondershare.
Nevertheless, nothing can compete for the efficiency of a computer application like Wondershare UniConverter that is especially designed for converting unsupported media files to iPhone compatible video formats.