- 1. Transfer Tips+
- 1.1 How to Upload Videos from iPhone to Computer
- 1.2 How to Import Videos From iPhone to Mac
- 1.3 Import Videos From iPhone to PC
- 1.4 How to Transfer Videos From Mac to iPhone
- 1.5 Share Video iPhone
- 1.6 Mail Drop iPhone
- 1.7 Convert iPhone to Android
- 1.8 how to send video from android to iphone
- 1.9 How to Send Video From iPhone to Android
- 1.10 How to Send Video From iPhone Without Losing Quality
- 1.11 Import Video to iPhone
- 1.12 How to Upload Video to iPhone
- 1.13 How to Add Videos to iPhone
- 1.14 Transfer MP4 to iPhone
- 1.15 How to Transfer GoPro Videos to iPhone
- 2. Edit Photos on iPhone+
- 3. Edit Videos on iPhone+
- 3.1 iPhone Video Format
- 3.2 iPhone Supported Video Formats
- 3.3 Reduce Video Size iPhone
- 3.4 Resize video iphone
- 3.5 How to Trim a Video on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Clip a Video on iPhone
- 3.7 How to Crop a Video on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Crop a Video on iPhone with/without iMovie
- 3.9 iPhone Video Upside Down
- 3.10 Change Video Orientation iPhone
- 3.11 Time Lapse iPhone
- 3.12 How to Speed Up Video on iPhone
- 3.13 Zoom Video iPhone
- 3.14 How to Merge Videos on iPhone
- 3.15 How to Brighten a Video on iPhone
- 3.16 Play MKV on iPhone
- 3.17 How to Play Videos on iPhone
- 3.18 Screen Record iPhone
- 3.19 Record Audio on iPhone
- 3.20 Remove Audio from Video iPhone
- 3.21 How to Record Youtube Videos on iPhone
- 3.22 How to Remove Sound from iPhone Video
- 3.23 How to Upload a Video to Youtube from iPhone
- 3.24 iPhone Subtitles
- 4. Convert Video to iPhone+
- 5. Other Tips+
Videos Not Playing on iPhone？How to Solve
iPhone seems to be annoying sometimes when you have to encounter the problems of videos not playing on the iPhone. You can solve it in easy and quick steps by using specific inbuilt settings and some excellent tools to address the concern ultimately. So, stick with the article until the end and know the possible solutions for iPhone videos won’t play.
- Part 1. Best Solution to Fix Videos Won’t Play on iPhone
- Part 2. Why Videos Are Not Playing on iPhone
- Part 3. Troubleshooting for iPhone Videos Won’t Play Issue
- Part 4. How to Solve if Online Videos not Loading on iPhone
Now, we are going to introduce a tool called Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) that comes with a lot of features, including the user-friendly interface and support for more than thousands of formats.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert Videos to iPhone 11/Xs/X/8/7 Plus/7, MP4 to VOB (DVD-Video ), AVI, MKV, MOV, OGV, and 1000+ other formats.
- Burn videos to DVD disk to play with your DVD player at 30X fastest speed.
- Optimized conversion presets for iDVD, iMovie, Final.
- Edit videos with advanced video editing functions like trimming, cropping, adding watermarks, subtitles, etc.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 1000+ video sharing sites.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
You need to follow the simple steps on how to convert video to iPhone with Wondershare UniConverter to resolve iPhone won’t play videos issue.
Step 1 Add video files to Wondershare UniConverter
Firstly, you need to add video files via the File Explorer window, or you can also drag and drop the data in the Converting section of Wondershare UniConverter.
Step 2 Select the output format
Now you need to select the output format from the section the Output Format:. Tap the Device section and enter a list that depicts all your video output formats. This step lets you directly convert the video format into iPhone compatible format.
Step 3 Edit Video (optional)
You can even edit a video file you have inserted before the conversion process. It allows you to trim, crop, and apply effects to the video. All three options are present below the video after clicking which you can easily edit your desired video file.
Step 4 Convert video file
Select the Start All button present in the bottom right corner. You can also click the Convert tab at the right of the video. For fast results, switch on High-Speed Conversion.
Note: You can find the resultant file in the Finished section. To locate the file on your computer, click the Folder icon.
In this way, converted video files can easily be used on the iPhone as it becomes compatible with the format your iPhone supports.
Different reasons are there behind the matter that why videos won’t play on iPhone. Well, it's a typical trouble for users of the iPhone 8/7/6/6s. They often ask questions like Videos not loading on iPhone, why won’t videos play on my iPhone? And so on. We have tried to fix this problem in two cases, as given below.
Case 1: Videos won’t play on Apps
Due to some reasons, users encounter the problem of playing videos on apps itself. It means that you are trying to play a specific video installed on your iPhone, and it isn’t showing any response. However, there are different possible solutions to the problem, as discussed below:
Answer 1: Check Network
The first possible solution is considering the network connection for the reason of videos not playing on iPhone apps. You need to make sure that the iPhone is connected well with a working Wi-Fi. If Wi-Fi is not there, you can also switch to your mobile network to check whether videos are playing correctly or not on your iPhone device.
Still, facing any problem? Consider these points: Go to Settings> General> Reset> Reset Network Settings. It clears all your network cache, after which you need to add the name and password of your Wi-Fi again.
Answer 2: Delete and Install Faulty Apps again
When an app makes a mess, you should always consider updating or installing it all again. As per general instructions also, it is always recommended to delete, update, or reinstall the messy apps from reliable sources in the App Store. While you reinstall the apps, the upgrade version will be automatically downloaded.
Answer 3: Force Quit the Video Apps
Try force quitting the misbehaving video apps. To do it, press and hold the Wake/Sleep button for few seconds until a red slider shows. Then, you can similarly press and hold the Home button to quit the app. Or you can try double-clicking to show running apps and swipe next to close a particular app.
Case 2: Videos won’t play on Camera Roll
Sometimes you may wonder that videos present in your camera roll are showing rude behavior to play. The most disturbing thing is that when you have saved them, they were adequately working. But after some time, you came back, tap the video to enjoy, and see that it’s not working anymore. See the possible solutions given below for the matter concerned.
Solution 1: Convert videos into a suitable format
The most common reason that sometimes videos are not loading on iPhone is that the videos you are going to see are not having a supported format to be played. Thus, you should first convert your iPhone videos into a compatible format. iPhone supports formats such as H.264, HEVC, .mp4, mp3, .mov, MPEG-4, protected AAC, audible AAC, .m4a etc.
Solution 2: Restart iPhone
Well, it should be the first effort you should make to play videos on iPhone because most probably there exists a frozen app which is not responding to any your order. Restart your iPhone 6s/6/8/7/5s by pressing and holding the Wake/Sleep button until the red slider is visible.
Turn off iPhone by sliding the finger across the slider if you want to reboot iPhone, press and hold the Wake/Sleep and Home button until it gets a dark screen. It will automatically close all the running apps in the background. After that, you can click the Wake/Sleep button again on your iPhone and check whether videos are playing.
Solution 3: Update to the latest version
iPhone had some bugs in its former system. It can also be the main reason why won't my videos play on my iPhone. So, why not give a shot to try out the latest version with bug fixes. So, if you are using iPhone 9/8/10, why not upgrade it to iOS 11.
Solution 4: Restore your iPhone 6/6s/5s
You can try restoring your iPhone to the original factory settings if none of the above resolutions work for you. Restoration of iPhone means it will delete all your iPhone 6/6s/5s data. Make sure to have a backup via iTunes before repair.
Step 1: Connect iPhone with a computer that has iTunes installed.
Step 2: Click the iPhone name and summary at the screen top in the iTunes interface screen.
Step 3: Tap Restore iPhone and confirm in prompt.
Step 4: After iPhone gets restored to factory settings, it will restart, and then you have to slide to set up the Welcome screen. You can either set it up as new or use the backup.
Solution 5: Delete specific damaged/invalid video
There’s been a chance that the video you are trying to play is being invalid or corrupted. So, it’s better to delete that wrong video and save your precious time on finding other ways and further worsening the matter. Its symptoms will show when your iPhone freezes or hangs consistently in the middle of the video. After deleting the video, check for playback of other movies on your iPhone.
Following troubleshooting issues are found and any of the ways:
- Playback Error. Tap to retry.
- An error has occurred.
- Connection to lost server.
- Something went wrong. Tap to retry.
- This video is unavailable.
Are you having trouble with online videos? Check out the Wondershare UniConverter’s Download function to enjoy error-free online videos that are compatible with your iPhone device. Just follow the five steps given below.
Step 1 Click Download section
In the main interface, select the Downloader button from the five options available. Then, visit the site from which you want to download the desired video. The sites can be Dailymotion, YouTube, or other video sharing sites.
Copy its URL and paste it in the program by clicking the in the upper-left corner of the interface.
Step 2 Download Online Video
After you paste the URL, the program starts downloading the video. You can use other options to start, resume, or pause all videos.
Step 3 Locate the downloaded video
Locate downloaded video from the Finished section.
So, there are some possible solutions for videos not playing on iPhone. The most common reasons can be the format compatibility and issue with downloading online videos. Well, to solve the matter and save your time in finding further tools, you can readily switch on to using Wondershare UniConverter as the most prominent tool.