- 1. Playing with VLC+
- 1.1 Play Blu-Ray Movies
- 1.2 Play DLNA Content
- 1.3 Play Videos in VLC with Airplay
- 1.4 Play YouTube Videos in VLC
- 1.5 Play M2TS with VLC
- 1.6 Play MTS with VLC
- 1.7 Play M4V with VLC
- 1.8 Play MP4 in VLC
- 1.9 Play RTMP with VLC
- 1.10 Play ISO with VLC
- 1.11 Play AVI with VLC
- 1.12 Play WMV with VLC
- 1.13 Play MIDI with VLC
- 1.14 Play 3D Movies with VLC
- 1.15 Play AVCHD with VLC
- 1.16 Play Sopcast in VLC
- 1.17 FLAC Not Playing
- 1.18 MP4 Not Playing
- 1.19 FLV Not Playing
- 1.20 MKV Not Playing
- 1.21 MOV Not Playing
- 1.22 UNDF Not Playing
- 1.23 Use VLC for PS3
- 2. Convert & Stream+
- 3. Editing with VLC+
- 4. VLC for Mobile+
- 5. VLC Assistant+
- 6. Tips & Tricks+
- 6.1 Download VLC 64 bit
- 6.2 VLC Latest Version
- 6.3 Download VLC for Mac
- 6.4 VLC for Windows 7
- 6.5 VLC for Windows 8
- 6.6 VLC Skins
- 6.7 VLC Command Line
- 6.8 VLC as Default Player
- 6.9 Convert CD with VLC
- 6.10 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 6.11 VLC Web Plugin
- 6.12 Remote Control VLC
- 6.13 VLC Shortcuts
- 6.14 Screen Capture with VLC
- 6.15 Sync VLC Audio
- 6.16 KMPlayer vs. VLC
- 6.17 MPC vs. VLC
- 6.18 MPlayer vs. VLC
- 6.19 VLC Old Version
- 6.20 Snapshots in VLC
- 6.21 Change XBMC to VLC
- 6.22 Is VLC Safe
- 6.23 Best Torrent Player
- 6.24 How to Control the Speed
- 6.25 VLC Player Doesn't Have Sound
VLC is a popular media player with some rich features that make it the perfect video player. The reason is that it supports a wide variety of media files and formats. VLC not plays media files but also gives creative options like editing. While editing, you may require to convert file formats. Here you'll see the step-by-step guide for converting video files on Windows and Mac.
- Part 1. How to Turn VLC to Video Converter On Windows
- Part 2. How to Use VLC as Video Converter On Mac
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) -Your Best VLC Alternative
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV, etc.
- Convert video for mobile devices, including iPhone, iPad, Android, PSP, etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files.
- Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines fixing video metadata, GIF maker, VR converter, and screen recorder.
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Windows users like to use VLC over Windows Media Player and its converting features to create video suits for other devices. If you do not know how to convert video format on Windows, here are the steps.
Step 1 Open VLC media player, go to Media menu for Convert/Save.
Step 2 Then you'll see the “Open Media” window. Go to the File tab; there're two sections. In the First section, add the files you want to convert, and in seconds, you can include a subtitle file to embed in the video file.
Step 3 After completing the two sections, click on the Convert/Save button; you need to specify the destination folder and name the video file and the video profile.
Note: VLC gives a default package of profiles widely used as audio or video formats.
Step 4 Click Start to proceed to conversion. VLC player streams video files twice the speed of playing while converting them; once finished, you'll see the output file in your desired format.
Tips: VLC is preloaded with important codecs, but if somehow your software version is missing some codecs, you can install a codec pack. Try to get the K-lite Codec Pack. Just Google search it, you will find the download link. And VLC-supported formats include 3gp, Avi, Flv, MOV, Mkv, mp4, mpeg1, mpeg2, DivX, H/I 263, Mpeg 2 audio, mp3, FLAC, PCM, and A-law.
You can also use VLC to convert files on your Mac, which are playable on iTunes and uploadable on iCloud to sync with your other Apple devices. Here are the steps for converting videos on mac:
Step 1 Open VLC media player on your MAC. Go to the File menu and go down to Convert/Stream. Wait for the dialog box to open. On the new window, select the files you want to convert by clicking on Open Media. In the below section, you can add subtitles files to embed with the video file. Click Convert/Stream to proceed.
Step 2 Now, choose the profile you need to convert. There are various settings and tricks that you can use to create a custom profile. Choose the one you want to convert to and click on Save as File.
Step 3 Once the process starts, just wait for it to finish. You can see the progress. Check the output file after the conversion is done.
Tips: You can add more codec by installing K-lite codec for Mac. However, whichever operating system you use, VLC comes with almost all formats to help you see videos and listen to music. And VLC for Mac supports converting video format from and to 3gp, Avi, Flv, MOV, Mkv, mp4, mpeg1, mpeg2, DivX, H/I 263, Mpeg 2 audio, mp3, FLAC, PCM, and A-law.