Convert Other Format to MP4
- 1. Convert to MP4 on Windows+
- 1.1 Convert WMV to MP4
- 1.2 Convert WMA to MP4
- 1.3 Convert MOV to MP4
- 1.4 Convert VOB to MP4
- 1.5 Convert Video_TS to MP4
- 1.6 Convert VHS to MP4
- 1.7 Convert OGG to MP4
- 1.8 Convert M4V to MP4
- 1.9 Convert IFO to MP4
- 1.10 Convert FLV to MP4
- 1.11 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 1.12 Convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4
- 1.13 Convert Xvid to MP4
- 1.14 Convert WTV to MP4
- 1.15 Convert WLMP to MP4
- 1.16 Convert WEBM to MP4
- 1.17 Convert VRO to MP4
- 1.18 Convert VLC to MP4
- 1.19 Convert TS to MP4
- 1.20 Convert SWF to MP4
- 1.21 Convert RMVB to MP4
- 1.22 Convert OGV to MP4
- 1.23 Convert MXF to MP4
- 1.24 Convert MTS to MP4
- 1.25 Convert MSWMM to MP4
- 1.26 Convert MPG to MP4
- 1.27 Convert MPEG4 to MP4
- 1.28 Convert MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4
- 1.29 Convert Movies to MP4
- 1.30 Convert MOV to MP4 Free
- 1.31 Convert MOD to MP4
- 1.32 Convert MKV to MP4 Free
- 1.33 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 1.34 Convert IOS to MP4
- 1.35 Convert HDV to MP4
- 1.36 Convert HD to MP4
- 1.37 Convert Flash to MP4
- 1.38 Convert FLAC to MP4
- 1.39 Convert F4V to MP4
- 1.40 Convert DVR to MP4
- 1.41 Convert DV to MP4
- 1.42 Convert DivX to MP4
- 1.43 Convert DAT to MP4/WMV/MOV
- 1.44 Convert ASF to MP4
- 1.45 Convert ARF to MP4
- 1.46 Convert AC3 to MP4
- 1.47 Convert 3GP to MP4
- 1.48 Convert iPhone Video to MP4
- 1.49 Convert FLV to MP4 Free
- 2. Convert to MP4 on Mac+
- 2.1 Convert WMV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.2 Convert VOB to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert SWF to MP4 on Mac
- 2.4 Convert MTS to MP4 on Mac
- 2.5 Convert MPG to MP4 on Mac
- 2.6 Convert MOV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.7 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.8 Convert M4V to MP4 on Mac
- 2.9 Convert FLV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.10 Convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac
- 3. Convert to MP4 Online+
- 4. Convert Online Videos to MP4+
- 4.1 Convert YouTube to MP4 on Mac
- 4.2 YouTube to MP4 Converters
- 4.3 Download WWE Match Videos to MP4/3GP
- 4.4 Download HD Hip Hop Dance to MP4
- 4.5 Download HD Belly Dance Videos to MP4
- 4.6 Convert Instagram to MP4
- 4.7 Convert Torrent to MP4
- 4.8 Convert YouTube to MP4 on Windows/Mac/Online
- 4.8 Online Videos Converter to MP4
MPEG, short for “Moving Picture Experts Group”, is a family of digital video compression standards and the formats of the file which is developed by the group. As compared to other formats, MPEG produces video files that are of better quality. MPEG-1 and MPEG 2 are the popular formats of the group.
MP4, referred to as MPEG-4 AVC, is basically an abbreviation of MPEG-4 Part 14 and stands for Advanced Video Coding and is also a part of the MPEG group. The MP4 can also be considered as a container format which enables the user to have combination of video, audio, still images ad subtitles in one file.
If you wish to transfer a MPEG video file present on your system to your iPhone or an iPod, then you need to convert MPEG files to MP4 format.
- Part 1. Best MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4 Video Converter
- Part 2. Free MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4 Converter
- Part 3. Extended Knowledge for MPEG/MPEG-1/MEPG-2
1.1 Introduce Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
Although there are many video converters available on the market for MPEG to MP4 conversion, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate will surely prove to be the best MPEG to MP4 converter. This wonderful software not only converts videos to over 1000 formats but performs many other functions like editing, downloading, burning and recording videos. It also considers all video conversion needs by providing both Windows and Mac versions. Here lists some key features of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for your reference.
Best MPEG to MP4 Converter
- Convert any video to over 1000 formats, like MPEG, AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices, like iPhone, iPad etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
1.2 Video Tutorial on How to Use Wondershare MPEG to MP4 Converter
1.3 How to Convert MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4 in Steps with Screenshots
Below are the detailed steps to convert MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4 using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.
Step 1 Download and launch the MPEG converter.
The very first step is to download, install and run the Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate on your system.
Step 2 Add the MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 files to this MPEG converter.
Now click the Add Files button to add the files that you want to convert. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop the files. (Select the MPEG file present on your system that you want to convert).
Step 3 Select the output format MP4.
Click the drop-down icon beside Convert all files to: and select Video > MP4 > the detailed preset.
Step 4 Convert MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4.
Once the output format is selected, click the Convert All button that will start the process of file conversion.
After the successful conversion, you can find the MPEG files in the Converted tab or click the Output icon at the Converting interface.
2.1 Introduce Wondershare Video Converter Free
This is wonderful software that enables you to convert your videos and audio to different formats that is compatible with your computer and other devices. This software is not only easy to use but also free. The software is supported by Mac as well as Windows system and features high quality conversion along with other editing functions like rotating, adding watermarks, trimming and others. Some of the key features of the software include the following:
- Fast conversion speed: The software makes use of the latest technology and thus has super fast conversion speed.
- Supports multiple format: The software is compatible with majority of the formats including MPEG, flash, AVI, MP4, 3GP, YouTube and others.
- High Quality: Though the software is free to use but it does not compromise on the quality and the conversion is of high quality to offer great video experience.
- Comes with editing features: Along with conversion, the software also allows video editing features like trimming, adding subtitles and watermarks, resetting size and others so as to enhance your overall experience.
- Secure and full support: The software is completely secure and also comes with 24/7 support.
2.2 How to Use It to Convert MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4
Below given are the steps to convert MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4 using Wondershare Video Converter Free.
Step 1 Open the free MPEG converter.
The very first step is to download, install and then open this free software on your system.
Step 2 Add MPEG files to this free MPEG converter.
Next, add the MPEG files that you want to convert. For this, click on the Add files option and then select he file from the specific location. You can also drag and drop the files that need to be converted. Batch conversion can also be done to convert multiple files at a time.
Step 3 Select MP4 as the output format.
Now on the right side of the software, a list of Output format is given from where you need to select the option of MP4 (to convert in MP4 format).
Step 4 Convert MPEG to MP4.
Next you need to click on the Convert button that will start the MPEG to MP4 conversion.
Once the conversion process is over, the software will show the status.
MPEG: Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) is a group of experts formed by IEC and ISO so as to set the audio and video compression and transmission standards. Also pronounced as m-peg, MPEG can also be termed as family digital video compression standards as well as file formats by the group. As compared to other competing formats like QuickTime, Indeo and others , MPEG produced better quality videos. The algorithms of MPEG compress the data so as to form it in small bits which can be transmitted easily and can then be decompressed. The major standards of MPEG include MPEG-1, MPEG2, MPEG-3 and MPEG-4.
MPEG-1: This standard of MPEG provides the video resolution of 352 by 240 at 30fps and this standard is for the lossy compression of the audios and videos. MPEG-1 is designed in order to compress the raw digital videos of VHS-quality and the CD audio to 1.5Mbit without any loss of excessive quality. The format produces the videos that have quality which is slightly below the conventional VCR videos. The format thus makes the digital audio broadcasting possible.
MPEG-2: The MPEG-2 is mainly used as the format of the digital TV signals which are broadcast by cable, terrestrial and direct broadcast satellite TV. This format is sufficient for all the main standards of TV including HDTV and NTSC. The format is also used to specify the movies and other program formats which are distributed on DVD and other discs. Thus TV receivers, TV stations, DVD players and other devices are designed as per MPEG-2 standard.
Thus it can be concluded that MPEG-2 is the successor or the MPEG-1 format and has better quality. MPEG-1 is basically used for the VCD whereas the MPEG-2 standard is used for DVD. In terms of encoding algorithm though MPEG-2 is more complex but it uses high and variable bitrates and also features high resolution.