Convert Other Format to MP4
- 1. Convert to MP4 on Windows+
- 1.1 Convert WMV to MP4
- 1.2 Convert WMA to MP4
- 1.3 Convert MOV to MP4
- 1.4 Convert VOB to MP4
- 1.5 Convert Video_TS to MP4
- 1.6 Convert VHS to MP4
- 1.7 Convert OGG to MP4
- 1.8 Convert M4V to MP4
- 1.9 Convert IFO to MP4
- 1.10 Convert FLV to MP4
- 1.11 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 1.12 Convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4
- 1.13 Convert Xvid to MP4
- 1.14 Convert WTV to MP4
- 1.15 Convert WLMP to MP4
- 1.16 Convert WEBM to MP4
- 1.17 Convert VRO to MP4
- 1.18 Convert VLC to MP4
- 1.19 Convert TS to MP4
- 1.20 Convert SWF to MP4
- 1.21 Convert RMVB to MP4
- 1.22 Convert OGV to MP4
- 1.23 Convert MXF to MP4
- 1.24 Convert MTS to MP4
- 1.25 Convert MSWMM to MP4
- 1.26 Convert MPG to MP4
- 1.27 Convert MPEG4 to MP4
- 1.28 Convert MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4
- 1.29 Convert Movies to MP4
- 1.30 Convert MOV to MP4 Free
- 1.31 Convert MOD to MP4
- 1.32 Convert MKV to MP4 Free
- 1.33 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 1.34 Convert IOS to MP4
- 1.35 Convert HDV to MP4
- 1.36 Convert HD to MP4
- 1.37 Convert Flash to MP4
- 1.38 Convert FLAC to MP4
- 1.39 Convert F4V to MP4
- 1.40 Convert DVR to MP4
- 1.41 Convert DV to MP4
- 1.42 Convert DivX to MP4
- 1.43 Convert DAT to MP4/WMV/MOV
- 1.44 Convert ASF to MP4
- 1.45 Convert ARF to MP4
- 1.46 Convert AC3 to MP4
- 1.47 Convert 3GP to MP4
- 2. Convert to MP4 on Mac+
- 2.1 Convert WMV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.2 Convert VOB to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert SWF to MP4 on Mac
- 2.4 Convert MTS to MP4 on Mac
- 2.5 Convert MPG to MP4 on Mac
- 2.6 Convert MOV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.7 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.8 Convert M4V to MP4 on Mac
- 2.9 Convert FLV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.10 Convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac
- 3. Convert to MP4 Online+
- 4. Convert Online Videos to MP4+
MXF is short of Material eXchange Format, mainly used in professional digital camcorders like Sony XDCAM, Panasonic HVX200, Canon XF305/XF300/XF100 etc to store video, audio and programmed data. MXF files are hard for users to play on many media players or devices, and also difficult to edit in some basic video editing software like Windows Movie Maker and iMovie etc. However, you can play and edit MXF files more easily by converting MXF format to other popular formats. For example, if you want to play MXF files on Galaxy, Blackberry, Zune, iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc, you can convert MXF to MP4 for users.
Part 1. Best Way to Convert MXF to MP4
This article mainly focuses on how to convert MXF footage files to MP4 for playing MXF files more widely. To do it, you have to find a professional MXF to MP4 converter. Here, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is strongly recommended. It not only can help you change your MXF files to MP4 files with ease, but also has the ability to let you play MXF files on any popular MP4 media player or device with the original video quality. All you need to do is to just select the optimized presetting for your player or device.
Next, I'll take MXF to MP4 conversion for example to show you how this great app works. After conversion, you can play your MXF files anytime and anywhere.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Best Video Converter for Windows / Mac (Sierra Included)
- Directly convert MXF to MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV and 1000+ other formats.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit videos with the advanced video editing functions including trimming, cropping, adding watermark and more.
- Burn and customize your MXF video to DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 10000+ video sharing sites.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra), 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Video Tutorial: Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Convert MXF to MP4
Step 1 Import MXF videos to the MXF to MP4 converter
Launch this MXF to MP4 video converter, move your mouse to the + Add Files button, and then click it. A pop-up window will lead you to find your local MXF files, next, just load them to this app's pane. Another way you can add WTV files is to locate these target files on PC and then drag them to this app.
Note: If you need to convert multiple MXF files into one file, at the moment, you just adjust these added files according to the play order, and then turn the console Merge All Videos on at the bottom.
Step 2 Choose MP4 as the output format
Move the mouse to the Convert all files to pane of the program window, click the icon from the Target box and select Video tab, choose MP4 in the left sidebar and select the video resolution in the right to confirm the output format.
Note: Click + Create Custom option to set encoder, frame rate, resolution, bitrates, etc.
If you convert MXF files to MP4 just for playback on your device like iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, etc, you'd better select the directly-optimized output formats, for the output files will fit them best.
Step 3 Customize your video files (Optional)
If you simply click the Trim, Crop and Effect icon under the video, you have options to edit and custom your videos by adding watermark,subtitles etc.
Step 4 Start MXF to MP4 conversion
Press the Convert button to start MXF to MP4 video conversion. This purple progress bar will show you the conversion speed. You will find this app can finish the converson very quickly.
After conversion, find the output files according to its output path or by directly clicking the Open Folder option. Now, just have a fun! (Note: For devices, you need to transfer the files to the device. )
1. MXF Vs MP4
MXF stands for Material eXchange Format, and like AVI it is a container format for professional digital video and audio media. The format is defined by the SMPTE standards and addresses the problems that occur with non professional formats. A large number of professional camcorder brands and models like Canon XF300/XF305, Sony XDCAM, Panasonic DVCPRO P2, and others make use of this format for storing their video, audio, and other data. The format is not compatible with a large number of editing tools, players, and devices.
MP4 which stands for MPEG-4 Part 12 is one of the most commonly used formats. This multimedia container format is capable of storing video, audio, subtitles, and other data. The format is widely used for streaming content over the net and is also compatible with the majority of the players and devices.
2. Benefits of converting MXF to MP4
MXF is a specially designed format for professional camcorders whereas MP4 is the common format for video content. There are a number of situations when you would need to convert MXF to MP4:
- Converting MXF to MP4 makes it compatible with a large number of media players and devices.
- MXF is supported by a limited number of software and thus MXF to MP4 conversion increases the options of video editing software that can be used.
- Converting MXF to MP4 makes it easy to stream and upload the files to different social media platforms and sites.
3. Ways of converting MXF to MP4
As mentioned in the first part of the article, a professional MXF to MP4 converter like Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is the best choice for lossless quality conversion. Still, if you are not too keen to go for a paid software and have only a few conversion tasks to be done temporarily, online converters can be considered for small-size files. There are decent online converters like File ZigZag, Convertio and others that allow converting MXF to MP4 with basic features. But for big-size vidoes more than 200MB, most of the online converters will need to upgrade to the premium version too. Meanwhile, their speed will be affected by the Internet speed. In view of that, we suggest you to have a free try of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate soon.