- 1. Playing with VLC+
- 1.1 Play Blu-Ray Movies
- 1.2 Play DLNA Content
- 1.3 Play Videos in VLC with Airplay
- 1.4 Play YouTube Videos in VLC
- 1.5 Play M2TS with VLC
- 1.6 Play MTS with VLC
- 1.7 Play M4V with VLC
- 1.8 Play MP4 in VLC
- 1.9 Play RTMP with VLC
- 1.10 Play ISO with VLC
- 1.11 Play AVI with VLC
- 1.12 Play WMV with VLC
- 1.13 Play MIDI with VLC
- 1.14 Play 3D Movies with VLC
- 1.15 Play avchd with VLC
- 1.16 Play Sopcast in VLC
- 1.17 FLAC Not Playing
- 1.18 MP4 Not Playing
- 1.19 FLV Not Playing
- 1.20 MKV Not Playing
- 1.21 MOV Not Playing
- 1.22 UNDF Not Playing
- 1.23 Use VLC for PS3
- 2. Convert & Stream+
- 3. Editing with VLC+
- 4. VLC for Mobile+
- 5. VLC Assistant+
- 6. Tips & Tricks+
- 6.1 Download VLC 64 bit
- 6.2 VLC Latest Version
- 6.3 Download VLC for Mac
- 6.4 VLC for Windows 7
- 6.5 VLC for Windows 8
- 6.6 VLC Skins
- 6.7 VLC Command Line
- 6.8 VLC as Default Player
- 6.9 Convert CD with VLC
- 6.10 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 6.11 VLC Web Plugin
- 6.12 Remote Control VLC
- 6.13 VLC Shortcuts
- 6.14 Screen Capture with VLC
- 6.15 Sync VLC Audio
- 6.16 KMplayer vs VLC
- 6.17 MPC vs VLC
- 6.18 MPlayer vs VLC
- 6.19 VLC Old Version
- 6.20 Snapshots in VLC
- 6.21 Change XBMC to VLC
- 6.22 Is VLC Safe
- 6.23 Best Torrent Player
- 6.24 How to Control the Speed
- 6.25 VLC Player Doesn't Have Sound
In this post, we will list 10 popular skins for VLC Media Player. Skins change the look of VLC Media Player dramatically and add a bit more spice to the already superb experience. Let us start by discussing the whole process of installing VLC skins.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Best Video Converter for Windows / Mac (Catalina Included)
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV and more
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Step 1 Download the VLC skin file from VLC’s skin library, you also have a lot of VLC skins here to explore.
Step 2 Next, copy the downloaded file to
- C:Program FilesVideoLANVLCskins folder(Windows)
- ~/.local/share/vlc/skins2 folder(Linux)
- Skins do not work on Mac OS X!
Step 3 Start VLC Media Player and navigate to the option Preferences under the Tools menu.
Step 4 Now, navigate to the Interface tab and select Use Custom Skin option.
Step 5 The option of locating your desired skin should appear now, simply select the button Choose and then the file you had copied to C:Program FilesVideoLANVLCskins folder.
Step 6 Now, hit the Save option and quit VLC Media Player.
Now when you open VLC, it will show the look of the skin that you have selected. So, using the above fairly easy and simple method, you can get a look for VLC Media Player exactly the way you want it.
Note that you can download VLC attractive skins from the sites listed below.
Now let's move on to enjoy the following 10 most popular VLC skins among VLC users.
- Alienware Darkstar
- Glow Part 2
- YT VLC
- Zune 1.0
- Super Black
- VLC Theme (OS X Sirra)
Review: Alienware Darkstar as a skin doesn’t need much of an introduction, with its futuristic looks and out of the world appearance; it has been one of the most downloaded VLC skins of all time.
Review: A great looking skin that has been successfully tested on VLC, it supports playlists and equalizer windows.
Review: A much refined and better appearance and the function of window resize upon opening are the plus points of this skin.
4. Glow Part 2
Review: The Glow Part 2 is certainly one of the most unique skins in this list and quite a favourite among VLC users.
5. YT VLC
Review: One of the simplest skins available, it’s fully open source and outstandingly good looking.
Review: One of the best skins available for all Avengers fans, a must have if you are one too.
Review: A flat skin for VLC Media Player, it simply looks awesome with all the reworked buttons.
8. Zune 1.0
Review: Is there a Zune fan out there in you? Then, this skin; an exceptionally well replicated design for VLC, is the skin for you.
9. Super Black
Review: Love the Black colour? Then the VLC skin for you is this one, colour your VLC player in black with this skin.
Review: This skin comes with its own Yosemite styled VLC icon, isn’t that awesome? Click here to get it as well.