- 1. Playing with VLC+
- 1.1 Play Blu-Ray Movies
- 1.2 Play DLNA Content
- 1.3 Play Videos in VLC with Airplay
- 1.4 Play YouTube Videos in VLC
- 1.5 Play M2TS with VLC
- 1.6 Play MTS with VLC
- 1.7 Play M4V with VLC
- 1.8 Play MP4 in VLC
- 1.9 Play RTMP with VLC
- 1.10 Play ISO with VLC
- 1.11 Play AVI with VLC
- 1.12 Play WMV with VLC
- 1.13 Play MIDI with VLC
- 1.14 Play 3D Movies with VLC
- 1.15 Play avchd with VLC
- 1.16 Play Sopcast in VLC
- 1.17 FLAC Not Playing
- 1.18 MP4 Not Playing
- 1.19 FLV Not Playing
- 1.20 MKV Not Playing
- 1.21 MOV Not Playing
- 1.22 UNDF Not Playing
- 1.23 Use VLC for PS3
- 2. Convert & Stream+
- 3. Editing with VLC+
- 4. VLC for Mobile+
- 5. VLC Assistant+
- 6. Tips & Tricks+
- 6.1 Download VLC 64 bit
- 6.2 VLC Latest Version
- 6.3 Download VLC for Mac
- 6.4 VLC for Windows 7
- 6.5 VLC for Windows 8
- 6.6 VLC Skins
- 6.7 VLC Command Line
- 6.8 VLC as Default Player
- 6.9 Rip CD with VLC
- 6.10 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 6.11 VLC Web Plugin
- 6.12 Remote Control VLC
- 6.13 VLC Shortcuts
- 6.14 Screen Capture with VLC
- 6.15 Sync VLC Audio
- 6.16 KMplayer vs VLC
- 6.17 MPC vs VLC
- 6.18 MPlayer vs VLC
- 6.19 VLC Old Version
- 6.20 Snapshots in VLC
- 6.21 Change XBMC to VLC
- 6.22 Is VLC Safe
You may like to run audio CDs on your system and play it using VLC Player. The great thing about VLC player is that you can do more things with it that just listen to music or watch your favorite movie. VLC allows you to rip audio CDs to save your favorite album on your system.
If you do not know how to use this feature, this article will surely help. Read on to find out how you can use VLC to rip audio CD.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Your Best VLC Assistant
- Rip MP3 audio from 1000+ video formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from video sharing sites.
- Fetch metadata for your iTunes movies automatically .
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Step 1 Open VLC player and insert your CD into the computer’s disk drive. Now go to the Media menu and open Convert/Save option.
Step 2 Select the disk tab at the top and click on open media. Keep the audio CD disk box ticked. You can select the tracks you want to rip from the CD. Once you have selected just click on Covert using drop down menu at Convert/Save.
Step 3 On the next window, select the output destination of the file and its name. While writing make sure you add the extension of the format to the name. Under settings make sure that you have selected the profile mp3 or other preferred audio format to save the tracks on output cd file.
Step 4 Now just click on start button to rip the audio cd. You can track the progress on main interface.
The time required for ripping the CD depends on the drive and the size of the files.
The method for ripping audio CD on Mac is not that different, as the VLC interface and others do not change much. However, still to take you through the method here are the steps to follow on Mac.
Step 1 Launch VLC player and insert the audio cd you want to rip into the computer’s disk drive. Start by going to the File menu and open the option Convert/Stream.
Step 2 On the next screen, go to the Open Media tab. You will have various things to set. First select the disk drive and select the audio files you want rip. Now select the option convert from the bottom.
Step 3 Enter the file destination and name with extension as CD file. Make sure you choose the right profile for your output file. Select whether you want it as .mp3 CD or other format.
Step 4 Once you have done all the settings, just click on start to begin the process.
You can see your CD file at the given destination on your Mac.