- 1. Convert Video to DVD+
- 1.1 MP4 to DVD
- 1.2 MOV to DVD
- 1.3 MKV to DVD
- 1.4 MPG to DVD
- 1.5 Burn MP4 to DVD on Windows 10
- 1.6 Convert VOB to DVD
- 1.7 Convert M4V to DVD
- 1.8 Burn AVI to DVD
- 1.9 Burn AVCHD to DVD
- 1.10 Convert WMV to DVD
- 1.11 Convert MTS/M2TS/TS Files to DVD
- 1.12 Burn DivX/Xvid Files to DVD
- 1.13 Burn MKV to DVD Mac
- 1.14 Burn AVI to DVD Mac
- 1.15 MP4 to DVD Online
- 2. Convert DVD to Video +
- 3. Convert to/from ISO +
- 4. DVD Burning Software +
- 4.1 ImgBurn Alternative for Windows
- 4.2 Freemake Alternatives
- 4.3 10 Free Mac DVD Burners
- 4.4 AnyDVD for Mac
- 4.5 Best Toast for Windows Alternative
- 4.6 CDBurnerXP for Mac
- 4.7 MP4 to DVD Burner Mac
- 4.8 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Burners
- 4.9 10 WinX DVD Video Software Alternatives
- 4.10 Windows DVD Maker Programs
- 4.11 10 Best Blu-ray DVD Players
- 4.12 Best DVD Makers
- 4.13 Best Video to DVD Converters
- 4.14 Top DVD Creators
- 4.15 Best Free DVD Authoring Software
- 4.16 Alternative to ConvertXtoDVD Mac/Windows
- 4.17 Best DVD Burning Software
- 4.18 Top 5 Free DVD Burners
- 4.19 PAL to NTSC Converter
- 4.20 Convert MP4 to iDVD Mac
- 5. Convert Other Formats to DVD+
- 5.1 iPhone Videos to DVD
- 5.2 Convert uTorrent Movies to DVD
- 5.3 Burn Camcorder to DVD
- 5.4 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 5.5 Convert MiniDV to DVD
- 5.6 Burn iTunes Movie to DVD
- 5.7 Burn Torrent Movies to DVD
- 5.8 Burn BBC iPlayer to DVD
- 5.9 Burn iMovie to DVD
- 5.10 Burn Windows Movie Maker Files to DVD
- 5.11 Use Adobe Premiere to Burn A DVD
- 5.12 Convert YouTube to DVD
- 5.13 Convert Blu-ray to DVD
- 5.14 Convert Home Movies to DVD
- 5.15 Convert Movies to DVD
- 5.16 Convert Movies to DVD on Mac
- 5.17 Convert 8mm to DVD
- 6. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
WMV to DVD: How to Free Convert WMV to DVD and Vice Versa
"Will a .wmv movie to play on a standard DVD player? I have a .wmv movie I would like to burn to a DVD to play on a standard DVD player connected to my TV (not just on my computer). I have several pieces of software that can convert the .wmv file to another format, but don't know which format I should convert it to. Any suggestions? "
--- A question from CNet.
WMV stands for Windows Media Video which is a series of video codecs and formats developed by Microsoft. It is one of the commonly used formats for storing videos on Windows PC and also the default format supported by Windows Media Player. The WMV format is known for its good compression capability while maintaining the video quality. If you have a lot of WMV files stored on your PC and wish to enjoy them on the big screen of your TV through DVD player, you would need to convert WMV to DVD (.VOB file extension). Besides burning WMV to DVD, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) also helps to create a backup of your favorite videos on a physical disc. Moreover, you can also gift the recorded DVDs to your loved ones as a special gift. So, we are here to help you with the best solutions on how to burn WMV to DVD online and on Windows/Mac.
- Part 1. Best Method to Convert WMV to DVD on Windows/Mac
- Part 2. Convert WMV to DVD Free with Windows DVD Maker
- Part 3. How to Convert DVD to WMV Easily
- Part 4. How to Convert WMV to DVD Free Online
Looking for a hassle-free, simple, and a quick way to burn WMV to DVD, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is there for you. This fantastic program works as a complete DVD tool-kit and helps in burning videos to DVD without any quality loss. Wondershare WMV to DVD Converter works perfectly with all its features on all the latest OS versions of Windows and Mac system. It supports 1000+ video and audio formats, and you can also convert DVD movies to MP4 or other formats you need so that you can playback on any devices. Follow the steps below and know more features about Wondershare UniConverter.
Key Features of this WMV to DVD Converter:
Wondershare UniConverter - Best WMV to DVD Converter for Windows 10 / Mac (Catalina Included)
- Convert WMV to DVD and vice versa with super fast speed and high-quality output.
- Edit videos through features like trimming, cutting, cropping, adding watermarks, and others.
- Allows burning HD as well as FHD videos to DVD and Blu-ray discs.
- Burning videos to DVD folder or ISO files on the local disk.
- Supports 1000+ video and audio formats for converting and burning.
- Customize DVD with free menu templates with various themes, background music, image, etc.
- Enables real-time preview of all the changes and adjustments.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compress and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista and Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Watch Video to Convert WMV to DVD on Windows 10 Using Wondershare UniConverter
Steps to burn WMV to DVD on Windows 10, similar steps on Mac
Step 1 Open Wondershare WMV to DVD converter and import WMV files.
After you have downloaded and installed Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), open the program on your PC/Mac. Select the Burn tab from the primary interface. Now to add WMV files, open drop-down menu next to +Add Files. You can add WMV files from local PC or directly from another device. Multiple files can be added at a time.
Step 2 Choose DVD menu template.
Once files are added, choose the DVD menu template. Move the right and the left arrow to check for the available designs. To add background image or music and check other designs, click the pencil icon in the top-right corner.
Step 3 Adjust DVD Burning Settings.
Enter the blank for DVD label and open drop-down icon to select Menu Type, Aspect Ratio, TV Standard, and Quality.
Step 4 Start to burn WMV to DVD Windows 10.
At the Burn video to: tab on the top-right corner, select the DVD where you want to burn the video to. At the final step, click the Burn button to start the process of converting WMV files to DVD on Windows 10.
By default, the program burns the videos to DVD. In case if you do not have a disc, you can burn videos to DVD folder or ISO files as well.
Windows DVD Maker is a DVD maker by Microsoft which is now supported by only Windows 7 OS but not Windows 10 or Windows 8. The program is a part of Windows Essentials software suite which supports an array of functions like creating videos, editing videos, creating DVDs, and others. Thus for Windows 7 users, it is the preferred choice to convert WMV to DVD.
Steps to convert WMV to DVD using Windows DVD Maker:
Step 1 Open Windows DVD Maker program on your Windows PC. On the main screen, click Add pictures and video to DVD and then hit Add items to browse and add WMV videos to DVD from your PC.
Step 2 Editing DVD title is needed and clicks on Options to change parameters like aspect ratio, playback settings, video format, burner speed, and others.
Step 3 Click Next to select the DVD menu style. You can also customize the menu as its text. Hit Preview to check the changes and Settings done.
Step 4 Finally, click Burn to start the burning process.
Limitations of this free WMV to DVD burner:
Burning WMV to DVD is easy using Windows DVD Maker but the program has a lot of limitations as below.
- The first and the most prominent drawback of using Windows DVD Maker is its limited OS support. The program is now only available and supported by Windows 7 OS. It does not work on Windows 8/10, and other OS versions.
- The video burning process using the program is very slow and a lot of users have also complained of crash issues.
- The video editing features are very limited.
- The supported file formats for DVD conversion by Windows DVD Maker is limited as compared to third-party software.
- In comparison to other professional programs, the features and functions of Windows DVD Maker are limited.
Wondershare UniConverter works like a complete video toolbox so that you do not have to switch to different programs for different video needs. In addition to burning WMV to DVD, the software works perfectly in a reverse manner as well where it allows converting DVD to WMV. Working as an excellent converter, it supports over 1000 formats and allows lossless conversion at super fast speed. Moreover, you can add videos from camcorders, local PC as well as other devices directly to the program for conversion purpose. Before conversion, you can also edit and customize your videos through functions like cropping, trimming, cutting and others.
Steps to convert DVD to WMV using Wondershare UniConverter:
Insert the DVD into your PC/Mac which you want to convert to WMV format.
Step 1: Open Wondershare DVD to WMV converter on your PC/Mac. From the main interface, go to the Convert tab by default. Click Load DVD and browser for the DVD file, you can either select the main video or all the video conversion depending on your requirements.
Step 2: Choose the output format as WMV. Open drop-down menu from Convert all files to: option at the top-right corner. Select WMV format from the Video tab. Also, select the quality of the output video that you want.
Step 3: Convert DVD to WMV. At the Output tab select the destination folder where you want to save the converted file. Finally, hit Convert All to start the conversion process from DVD to WMV.
Watch Video to Convert DVD to WMV Easily with Wondershare UniConverter
Although many people search for ways to convert WMV to DVD, as a matter of fact, there is no way to do it as online DVD burner is still not available yet. The most practical alternative is to convert your WMV file into a format that is universally supported. We recommend MP4 as it is supported by all media players on Mac and Windows, including all video playing devices such as DVD players.
An online converter tool that enables you to convert WMV to MP4 is Zamzar, allowing you to perform WMV to MP4 conversion within 3 simple steps.
- First, launch the website and then upload your WMV files by drag-and-drop.
- Next, set your output format to MP4 and then enter your e-mail address.
- Lastly, click Convert to start converting WMV to MP4, and the converted .mp4 file will be sent to you via email.
Note: While this may be a solution for tiny files, you may have to look elsewhere if you want to convert multiple files or videos bigger than 50MB. It is also worth mentioning that this online app does not produce the best quality files and conversion can be slow especially when traffic is high.
So, no matter whether you are looking for the quality conversion from WMV to DVD or vice versa, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will do the needful in just a few simple steps. It's a better choice as the online WMV to DVD converters always lack of some features.