- 1. Convert Video to DVD+
- 1.1 MP4 to DVD
- 1.2 MOV to DVD
- 1.3 MKV to DVD
- 1.4 MPG to DVD
- 1.5 Burn MP4 to DVD on Windows 10
- 1.6 Convert VOB to DVD
- 1.7 Convert M4V to DVD
- 1.8 Burn AVI to DVD
- 1.9 Burn AVCHD to DVD
- 1.10 Convert WMV to DVD
- 1.11 Burn WMV to DVD Player Format
- 1.12 Convert MTS/M2TS/TS Files to DVD
- 1.13 Burn DivX/Xvid Files to DVD
- 1.13 Burn MKV to DVD Mac
- 1.14 Burn AVI to DVD Mac
- 2. Convert DVD to Video +
- 3. Convert to/from ISO +
- 4. DVD Burning Software +
- 4.1 ImgBurn Alternative for Windows
- 4.2 Freemake Alternatives
- 4.3 10 Free Mac DVD Burners
- 4.4 AnyDVD for Mac
- 4.5 Best Toast for Windows Alternative
- 4.6 CDBurnerXP for Mac
- 4.7 MP4 to DVD Burner Mac
- 4.8 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Burners
- 4.9 10 WinX DVD Video Software Alternatives
- 4.10 Windows DVD Maker Programs
- 4.11 10 Best Blu-ray DVD Players
- 4.12 Best DVD Makers
- 4.13 Best Video to DVD Converters
- 4.14 Top DVD Creators
- 4.15 Best Free DVD Authoring Software
- 4.16 Alternative to ConvertXtoDVD Mac/Windows
- 4.17 Best DVD Burning Software
- 4.18 Top 5 Free DVD Burners
- 4.19 PAL to NTSC Converter
- 4.20 Convert MP4 to iDVD Mac
- 5. Convert Other Formats to DVD+
- 5.1 iPhone Videos to DVD
- 5.2 Convert uTorrent Movies to DVD
- 5.3 Burn Camcorder to DVD
- 5.4 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 5.5 Convert MiniDV to DVD
- 5.6 Burn iTunes Movie to DVD
- 5.7 Burn Torrent Movies to DVD
- 5.8 Burn BBC iPlayer to DVD
- 5.9 Burn iMovie to DVD
- 5.10 Burn Windows Movie Maker Files to DVD
- 5.11 Use Adobe Premiere to Burn A DVD
- 5.12 Convert YouTube to DVD
- 5.13 Burn DVD on Windows/Mac
- 5.14 Convert Blu-ray to DVD
- 5.15 Convert Home Movies to DVD
- 5.16 Convert Movies to DVD
- 5.17 Convert Movies to DVD on Mac
- 6. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
After creating or editing a video using iMovie, you have the options of exporting the video to your devices or just leaving them in your Mac for later viewing. If you are the type that keeps movies on DVDs for some reasons, then you will be happy to know that you can also burn your iMovie to your DVD. This is not directly supported by the iMovie software and therefore you need to use third party software. In this article, we will see how to burn iMovie movie to DVD using two different methods or software. The first method is by using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate which is one of the best software to burn iMovie to DVD. The other method is by using the iDVD software to complete the task. All the methods are simple, easy and straight forward.
- Part 1. Burn iMovie to DVD Using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
- Part 2. Burn iMovie to DVD Using iDVD
- Part 3. iDVD VS Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is one of the best video converters out there with so many functionalities and features. It is a modern video converter that has so much to offer. It doesn’t only stop converting videos, it allows you to edit videos, apply effects, add subtitles and watermark to videos and much more.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Best iMovie to DVD Converter for Windows 10 / Mac (Sierra Included)
- Allows burning videos to DVD folder, ISO files, DVD or Blu-ray disc.
- Built-in video editor allows customizing videos before burning with features like cropping, rotating, trimming and others.
- Allows setting free DVD menu templates with various themes.
- Facilitates adding personalized background image and music for DVD.
- Enables real-time preview of all the changes and adjustments.
- Works as DVD burning software for Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista and Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra), 10.11(El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
- Convert videos to any format in batch with less quality loss.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer converted DVD videos to devices and external hard drives directly.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
After creating or editing your video with iMovie, you need to export it before you can burn it to DVD using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.
To export your project to the Finder:
Step 1 Open the project you want to export in iMovie or select the project in the project library and choose File > Export to save the movie.
Step 2 Type the name of the movie in the Export As field.
Step 3 Select the location where you want to save the movie from the pop-up menu.
Step 4Select the size and resolution of movie that best matches what you’ll be using the video for.
Step 5 Click Export to export the movie.
After exporting the movie from iMovie, you will then need Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate to burn iMovie video to DVD.
To do that:
Step 1 Add iMovie file(s) to iDVD alternative.
Download, install, and open Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate and go to the Burn tab at the top of the window. Drag the iMovie file that you have exported earlier to the window.
Step 2 Set DVD parameters for iMovie to DVD conversion.
You cannot burn a DVD without a DVD disk, so this requires you to have a writable DVD in your disk drive. Choose the destination where you want to burn iMovie files at the Burn Video to:, and click the right or left arrow to select the DVD template. Optionally, you can click the Edit icon to set customized DVD template with title, background music, image and more. After that, you can give the DVD a name and select Aspect Ratio, TV Standard, Menu Type and so on.
Step 3 Burn iMovie files to DVD.
You can select the DVD type and hit the Burn button at the bottom of the window to start burning the iMovie files to DVD.
To burn iMovie to DVD using iDVD, you need to export the video from iMovie to iDVD, then burn it. Please note that iDVD free DVD Maker is only available for older Mac system like Mac OS X 10.6 or earlier.
After inserting a blank DVD in the disc drive,
Step 1: Open the movie you want to burn with iMovie and click on the Share menu. Select iDVD and wait for it to process.
Step 2: The movie will open in iDVD and a new project will be created automatically with the default theme. You can select a theme, change the title etc. if you want.
Step 3: Click the Burn button to start the process. If you encounter any problem, try a different theme.
Are you confused on whether to choose Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate or iDVD? The table below shows the comparison between the 2 softwares. From the data on the table, it shows that Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is better than iDVD because it has more functionalities and features in it.
|Features||Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate||iDVD|
|Supported System||Latest Windows and Mac system like Mac OS X 10.13||Mac system Mac OS X 10.6 or earlier|
Support almost all formats and allows DVD customization with free DVD templates.
|Yes||Yes, but doesn't support most formats.|
|Burn Many DVD discs with one-time DVD settings.||Yes||No, you need to do the DVD settings for each DVD disc.|
Split, clip, Merge, Rotate videos, add image and text watermarks, apply effects, insert background music, etc.
|Yes||No, it can only use iMovie|
Download Videos from sites.
Download videos fast from YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook and much more.
Record Videos from streaming sites.
Record videos from Netflix, Hulu, Blockbuster, etc. with just one click.
Very Fast Video Converter.
30 times faster video conversion.
Convert Video to various formats.
Convert video to MOV, MP4, WMV, 3GP, etc. for iPhone, Android and other portable devices.
|Steam Media to TV||Yes||No|
|Directly transfer videos from computer to devices and vice versa.||Yes||No|
Instantly play videos with built-in player.