- 1. Convert to DVD+
- 2. Tips for Playing DVD+
- 3. Convert DVD to Video+
- 3.1 Convert DVD to MP4
- 3.2 Convert DVD to MP4 Free
- 3.3 Convert DVD to MP4 VLC
- 3.4 Convert DVD to AVI Free
- 3.5 Convert DVD to DivX/Xvid
- 3.6 Convert DVD to MP3 Free
- 3.7 DVD to iPad
- 3.8 Convert DVD to Digital Files
- 3.9 Convert DVD to AVI with Handbrake
- 3.10 Convert DVD to MPEG
- 3.11 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.12 Download DVD to Computer
- 3.13 Convert DVR to MPEG
- 4. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
- 4.1 Import DVD to iTunes
- 4.2 Edit VOB or DVD Files
- 4.3 Cast DVD to Chromecast
- 4.4 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.5 Windows DVD Maker Won't Burn MOV
- 4.6 Windows DVD Maker Not Burn AVI
- 4.7 Fix Windows DVD Maker Won't Burn MKV Issue
- 4.8 Alternatives to Nero DVD Burner
- 4.9 Top 5 Audio DVD Burners
- 4.10 Online DVD Burners
- 4.11 VHS to DVD
- 4.12 Solve DVD Won't Play
- 4.13 Should I Keep Buying DVDs
- 4.14 Best Movie Gift
- 4.15 DVD Movie Themes
How to Copy DVD to DVD on Windows/Mac
Borrowed a movie DVD from your friend that you wanted to watch for years but now have to return without watching? No worries when you can copy DVD to DVD, and enjoy whenever and wherever you want. There are a number of reasons when you would want to make a copy of a DVD, and here the role of a good DVD to DVD burner comes into play. In the following part, we discuss the best ways of how to make a copy of a DVD.
- Part 1. Why Do You Need to Make A Copy of A DVD?
- Part 2. Best Solution to Copy DVD to DVD on Windows 10/Mac
- Part 3. How to Copy DVD to DVD Free
Part 1. Why Do You Need to Make A Copy of A DVD?
There can be multiple reasons when you would need a DVD to DVD copy.
1. Create a copy of a DVD borrowed or rented from someone
Many times when you borrow or rent a movie from a friend or from service, you are unable to watch it due to several reasons. In such situations, you are anxious to know how to copy a DVD movie so that you can watch it later whenever you have time. Also even if you have watched and loved the DVD, having a copy gives you the freedom to enjoy again whenever you want.
2. Creating a backup of precious and special discs
If you have a collection of some rare and special DVD titles there is always a fear of accidental damage or loss of the disc. In such scenarios, you can copy DVD to DVD and have a backup disc.
3. Share DVD with others
If you have a DVD that you need to share with a number of friends, and other people, then you would need a DVD to DVD burner to create multiple copies. If you run a training center and have created a visual presentation on a disc, you can share the same with your students by creating copies of the DVD. Other tutorial material present on the disc, can also be shared easily and conveniently by copying the discs
4. Edit videos
If you need customization or personalization of your present DVD, you can do the same while creating copies of the discs. From your existing video, you can trim or cut the unwanted part, add background image or music, add special effects, and perform other functions.
Part 2. Best Solution to Copy DVD to DVD on Windows 10/Mac
There are a decent number of DVD to DVD burner programs for Windows and Mac available. The different software comes with different software and functions. If you are looking for a complete program that offers excellent quality output at speed and additional features, Wondershare UniConverter is the best choice. Using Wondershare program, you can copy DVD to DVD Windows 10, other versions as well as Mac system. Working as a complete video toolbox it also facilitates videos conversion, download, recording, and transfer of files.
Wondershare UniConverter - Copy DVD to DVD on Windows 10 / Mac (Catalina Included)
- Excellent DVD to DVD burner tool featured with super fast speed and lossless quality.
- Multiple DVDs with a single setting can be created in no time.
- Allows burning videos to DVD folder and ISO files on the local disk.
- Supports almost 1000+ video formats to burn into DVD, including MP4, MOV, WMV, FLV, etc.
- Burn videos to DVD with free menu templates and customized background image/music.
- Fonts, color, size, and other parameters of the DVD title can be edited.
- Edit videos with trimming, cropping, rotating, adding subtitles, applying effects, etc.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer converted DVD videos to devices and external hard drives directly.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista and Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Solution 1: How to Copy DVD to DVD on Windows 10 using Wondershare UniConverter
Insert the DVD that you want to copy in your PC before proceeding with the steps below. And then download, install and open Wondershare UniConverter on your PC/Mac.
Step 1 Load DVD to Make A Copy
On the main software interface, select the Burn tab and select the inverted triangle beside the Load DVD option. A drop-down menu will open from where select the inserted DVD title.
The DVD files will be loaded to the software interface. You can edit these files if you want. Click to know How to Edit DVD Videos.
Step 2 Select DVD Template and Make DVD Copy Settings
On the right side panel of the interface, move the left and the right arrows to check for the template designs. Click the edit icon to open the DVD templates window that shows more designs, and also has the option to add background image or music.
Enter your choice of DVD label and adjust desired settings for Menu Type, Aspect Ratio, TV Standard, and Quality.
Step 3 Create DVD Folder from DVD.
Next step in the process of how to copy DVD to DVD is to create a DVD folder or ISO file on your PC that can be later copied to a blank disc to create a DVD copy. In the top right corner, open drop-down menu beside the Burn video to: option and select DVD burner you have connected. Finally, hit the Burn button to start copying DVD from DVD easily on Windows 10/8/7.
Important Note: By default, the ISO files or DVD folder gets saved at F:\Wondershare UniConverter\Burned location on your PC. This location can also be changed by going to the Menu > Preference that will open the Preference window. Select Location tab and make the needed changes.
Solution 2: How to Copy DVD on Mac using Wondershare UniConverter
Due to Wondershare UniConverter for Mac has integrated the DVD Copy feature on the Toolbox, so it will be more convenient to copy DVD to DVD. You can go to the Toolbox > DVD Copy to finish copying DVDs to DVDs quickly. Learn more details about How to Make a DVD Copy on Mac >. It's so simple than you can finish the copy process within 3 steps.
Part 3. How to Copy DVD to DVD Free
If you occasionally need to create DVD copies and do not want to invest in a paid software, you can go for the free programs that are decent enough. One such solution to copy DVD to DVD free is IQmango free DVD Copy. The program runs on Windows system and allows creating multiple copies of your disc. Additionally, it also allows converting the disc videos to MP4 and DIVX AVI format so that they can be enjoyed on portable players. DVDs can be copied using IQmango in 1:1 mode or after editing if needed. If there is a single drive on your PC, you can copy the disc files to your PC and then burn the same to a blank disc.
Steps on how to burn DVD to DVD using IQmango
Step 1: Download, install and open IQmango program on your PC.
Step 2: If your PC has 2 disc drives, insert the original DVD in one. From the software interface, chose Clone DVD Disk option.
Step 3: Insert a blank disc in other drive and click Start. The program will start creating a copy of the original DVD to the blank disc. Make sure that blank DVD has the same storage capacity as original disc.
In condition, if you have only a single disc drive in your system, select option of Copy DVD to a folder. The DVD files will be copied to your PC which you can then transfer to a blank disc.
Cons of using free DVD to DVD burning software:
- Only support Windows 2003/7/8/XP/Vista versions of the OS. Windows 10 and other versions are not supported.
- Does not support the Mac system.
- The number of file formats to which DVD files can be converted is limited.
- The quality of the burned DVD is not as good as professional programs.
- Limited editing and other features compared to professional programs.
Thus considering both Wondershare and free solution, it can be concluded that UniConverter is a far better choice for all your DVD related needs including DVD to DVD copy. Using a professional program like Wondershare, you not only get the best quality videos, but also a host of additional features that enhances the overall experience of DVD backup, creation, and editing. Install UniConverter on your PC/Mac and enjoy ripping, burning, and copying DVDs.