- 1. Compress Video in Different Formats+
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 5.4 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 5.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 5.6 Top 7 Video Compressors
- 5.7 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.8 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.9 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.10 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.11 Compress A Video
Q: How do I compress MPEG file to fit onto a DVD? I have a wedding I have exported to MPEG but is 8GB. I need to compress it so it can go onto a DVD disk. I have tried to use a Blu-ray disk but my Mac just ejects it every time I insert the disk. So I just basically need to compress the file so that it fits onto a 4GB DVD-R disk. --- From Apple Website
The MPEG format cannot fit onto a DVD for then reproduce it as a movie. The first thing you need to do is to convert the file into VOB format and for doing that you need software that allows you to make a conversion from MPEG to VOB format. Most of the digital cameras take photos and record videos with an MPEG format and when we have many videos on your devices, one of the best options is to burn it onto DVD to save space, but many video player cannot reproduce this format. What do we need to do then? Use software to compress the MPEG file to an output format that is compatible with any DVD video player and we want to help you to choose the best DVD compression software for your projects.
- Part 1. Why Do You Need to Compress Video to DVD?
- Part 2. DVD Compression Software: How to Compress Video for DVD Easily
- Part 3. More Tips About Compressing Video for DVD
>Reducing the size of a video is very common, especially when the size of some videos can take up too much space on your PC, your tablet or worse yet your mobile device. Also decreasing the size of a video may be necessary if you are trying to burn your video to a DVD.
Why do you need to compress video DVD? Here are a few reasons:
1. To save space in your memory device.
2. Make a compatible format to reproduce it with different video players and devices.
3. Compress a video file to change its size.
4. When you compress it is easier to share a video file to social networks or for email.
In these times of Full HD and videos running at 60 frames per second, we often get videos with excessive sizes, which take hours to fully upload to YouTube or be recorded in our Dropbox or Google Drive folders, so today we bring you the best DVD compression software to reduce the weight or size of videos without losing quality, we are talking about Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
The main methods to compress large files into DVD are:
1. Use compression software to reduce the file size to fit a DVD.
2. Change the large file format into a smaller one for example from MP4 to FLV.
3. Change the large file parameters like bitrate, resolution and frame rate.
4. Can burn the video to split into some parts and compress video DVD.
If you want to know how to compress video for DVD with Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, then follow the step by step:
Please, proceed to read for more information:
Step 1 Load the chosen video and compress video.
NOTE: Download, Install and Register in Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. The first thing you need to do is convert your video file so for example if the video file that you need to burn onto DVD is MPEG you will have to convert it to VOB.
Learn how to compress video DVD: Click on Convert option and click on Converting. Then click on Add File to select your video and then click on Open to load the video.
Then click the inverted triangle beside Convert all files to and it will show you the formats available. Click o the Video tab and choose VOB and then select the resolution. You can change the resolution and other options, manually clicking on Create Custom and will appear another window where you should do those changes (settings). Select Small Size>Create. When you finish select Convert All and the compress video DVD will start. Now you know how to compress video for DVD.
Step 2 Add the converted video to DVD menu and adjust Settings for DVD template.
Click on Convert option and click on the Converted tab to find you recently converted video, right-click on it and select Add to Burn list.
Click the left or right arrow to switch DVD template and see it in the middle. In case you want more templates, click on template thumbnail or the edit icon in the top-right corner. With this compression software, you will see a separate DVD template window and you can add background pictures or music to personalize it and make it unique.
Step 3 Start burning compressed video to DVD.
Fill the blank for DVD Label and click the drop-down icon to select menu type, TV standard and DVD quality to your DVD compress video.
Choose the destination folder where you want to burn the video to and then click on Burn button to proceed to burn your video to DVD with this compressor software.
There it is! You successfully burnt the DVD's with the Wondershare compressor software.
- Understand the basic knowledge first to make a successful DVD compress video, for example, knowing about video formats.
- Find a very good converter/compressor software and buy so that it is easy to use and you can get access to all its features.
- Make appropriate settings, it means that you need to choose the correct output format to have a good quality video.
- Edit videos according to your requirements; you do not need to be an expert.
- Practice using your software well, to learn how to compress video for DVD.
There are many people that still have like an option burn videos or create photo albums onto a DVD creating a big collection instead buy for example pen drives and save them there. Everyone has their own way at the moment of saving our memories but in those cases that people choose to burn video files to DVD, use to have problems with burning them because no all of them are compatible with their video player also so where is the problem? In the video file format.
We need a proper compressor software that helps us to change the video file format for the procedure to burn onto DVD but that format should be a generic format so the video player can recognize it.