- 1. Convert to DVD+
- 2. Tips for Playing DVD+
- 3. Convert DVD to Video+
- 3.1 Convert DVD to MP4
- 3.2 Convert DVD to MP4 Free
- 3.3 Convert DVD to MP4 VLC
- 3.4 Convert DVD to AVI Free
- 3.5 Convert DVD to DivX/Xvid
- 3.6 Convert DVD to MP3 Free
- 3.7 DVD to iPad
- 3.8 Convert DVD to Digital Files
- 3.9 Convert DVD to AVI with Handbrake
- 3.10 Convert DVD to MPEG
- 3.11 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.12 Download DVD to Computer
- 3.13 Convert DVR to MPEG
- 3.14 Convert DVD to Facebook
- 3.15 Convert DVD to Vimeo
- 4. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
- 4.1 Import DVD to iTunes
- 4.2 Edit VOB or DVD Files
- 4.3 Cast DVD to Chromecast
- 4.4 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.5 Windows DVD Maker Won't Burn MOV
- 4.6 Windows DVD Maker Not Burn AVI
- 4.7 Fix Windows DVD Maker Won't Burn MKV Issue
- 4.8 Alternatives to Nero DVD Burner
- 4.9 Top 5 Audio DVD Burners
- 4.10 Online DVD Burners
- 4.11 VHS to DVD
- 4.12 Solve DVD Won't Play
- 4.13 Should I Keep Buying DVDs
- 4.14 Best Movie Gift
- 4.15 DVD Movie Themes
Best VCD to DVD Converter: How to Convert VCD Videos to DVD
VCD stands for Video CD or Video Compact Disc, it is a compact disc format that is based on CD-ROM and designed for holding MPEG-1 video data and features other interactive capabilities. In general, a VCD is capable of holding a video of around 72-74 minutes and has a data transfer rate of 1.44Mbps. With the improvement in technology, DVDs took place of VCDs due to a number of reasons. In terms of data storage and capacity, the DVD is much better as compared to VCD. Moreover, a DVD player can play all types of DVDs as well as CDs but a VCD player cannot play a DVD.
For all the above situations, you need to convert VCD to DVD. So, if you want to customize your old VCD and looking for a VCD to DVD converter, listed below are the best methods.
The best VCD to DVD converter that is apt for experts as well as newbies is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). This professional software allows converting more than 1000 formats to DVD and Blu-ray discs. It allows converting videos to ISO image files and DVD folder and all the conversions are without any quality loss. With multiple templates and designs, you can give an all-new look to your DVD and also personalize it using editing tools like trimming, adjusting volume, cutting, cropping, adding background picture or music, and others.
Wondershare UniConverter - VCD to DVD Converter for Windows 10/Mac (Catalina Included)
- Convert VCD DAT files to DVD for easy playback on Windows/Mac.
- Support 1000+ video and audio formats for conversion including MP4, MOV, WMV, MKV, AVI, etc.
- Built-in video editor to customize videos with cropping, rotating, trimming, adding subtitles, and more.
- Customize DVD burning with free DVD menu templates in various themes.
- Facilitates adding personalized background image and music for DVD.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer converted DVD videos to devices and external hard drives directly.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista and Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps to Convert VCD to DVD using Wondershare UniConverter on Windows/Mac
Before converting VCD DAT files to DVD, you need to download and install Wondershare UniConverter from the above button. The steps below are based on the Windows version, which also works on the Mac system.
Step 1 Load DAT files to Wondershare VCD to DVD Burner.
Launch Wondershare UniConverter on your PC/Mac after the download and installation. From the main interface, click the Burn tab, and hit the +Add Files button to browse and add DAT files from your PC that has been copied from VCD.
Step 2 Select the DVD menu template.
After VCD files are added to the software interface, select the desired DVD menu templates. The available designs and themes can be browsed by moving the left and right arrows. To add background image or music and check more designs, click the Edit icon in the top right panel.
Step 3 Convert VCD to DVD.
Next, insert the blank DVD to your computer to which you want to burn VCD videos, select DVD as the location where you want to burn the video at Burn video to: tab at the top-right corner. After that, enter the DVD label and open drop-down menu next to DVD parameters to choose the desired value for Menu Type, Aspect Ratio, TV Standard, and Quality.
Finally, hit the Burn button to start with the VCD to DVD burning process. After a few minutes of waiting, your VCD DAT files will be converted to DVD and can be played on any DVD player.
Part 2. Extended Knowledge of VCD and DVD
Knowing in detail about VCD, DVD, and the major difference between the two will help in a better conversion from VCD to DVD.
What is VCD?
Standing for Video Compact Disc, VCD is a digital format that is used for storing videos on a compact disc. Created in the year 1993, VCD was the first format that was used for distributing films on the standard 4.7 optical discs. Your videos on VCD can be played on VCD players, the majority of the DVD players, Blu-ray players, PCs, and also some gaming consoles. VCD uses MPEG-1 video and audio for the encoding purpose.
What is DVD?
Standing for Digital Video Disc or Digital Versatile Disc, DVD is an optical disc technology that was invented in the year 1995 by Philips and Sony. The technology is capable of storing any type of digital data and has a high storage capacity. Depending upon your requirements, you can select from single or double-sided one layer or two-layered DVD. MPEG-2 file and the compression standards are used by DVD. It comes in a number of recordable formats which include DVD-R, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R.
Difference between VCD and DVD?
Though VCD and DVD, both formats are used for playing videos, there are a lot of technical differences between them.
MPEG-1 codec is used for compressing VCD videos and these can be played on any player which is capable of decompressing MPEG-1 videos. A VCD can store up to 800MB of data and has VHS videotape quality. DVD, on the other hand, uses MPEG-2 codec for compression purposes and has DVD quality. A DVD can store up to 4.7GB data and thus has high storage as compared to VCD.
Moreover, DVD having high data capacity also means that it can have better quality videos with high resolution. DVD also allows adding customized and personalized features. DVDs were created after VCD and have better technology and thus DVD players can play VCD as well but vice versa is not true. You can convert DVD player to a VCD player but cannot convert VCD player to DVD player.
So, why not have a free trial on Wondershare UniConverter and create an all-new feature-packed DVD from your old VCDs easily.