- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Convert Video to DVD+
- 1.1 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Converters
- 1.2 MOV to DVD
- 1.3 MKV to DVD
- 1.4 MPG to DVD
- 1.5 Burn MP4 to DVD on Windows 10
- 1.6 Convert VOB to DVD
- 1.7 Convert M4V to DVD
- 1.8 Burn AVI to DVD
- 1.9 Burn AVCHD to DVD
- 1.10 Convert WMV to DVD
- 1.11 Burn DivX/Xvid Files to DVD
- 1.12 Burn MKV to DVD Mac
- 1.13 Burn AVI to DVD Mac
- 1.14 MP4 to DVD Online
- 2. Convert DVD to Video +
- 3. Convert to/from ISO +
- 4. DVD Burning Software +
- 4.1 10 Free Mac DVD Burners
- 4.2 AnyDVD for Mac
- 4.3 Best Toast for Windows Alternative
- 4.4 CDBurnerXP for Mac
- 4.5 MP4 to DVD Burner Mac
- 4.6 10 WinX DVD Video Software Alternatives
- 4.7 Windows DVD Maker Programs
- 4.8 10 Best Blu-ray DVD Players
- 4.9 Best DVD Makers
- 4.10 Best Video to DVD Converters
- 4.11 Top DVD Creators
- 4.12 Best Free DVD Authoring Software
- 4.13 Alternative to ConvertXtoDVD Mac/Windows
- 4.14 Best DVD Burning Software
- 4.15 Top 5 Free DVD Burners
- 4.16 PAL to NTSC Converter
- 4.17 Convert MP4 to iDVD Mac
- 5. Convert Other Formats to DVD+
- 5.1 iPhone Videos to DVD
- 5.2 Convert uTorrent Movies to DVD
- 5.3 Burn Camcorder to DVD
- 5.4 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 5.5 Convert MiniDV to DVD
- 5.6 Burn iTunes Movie to DVD
- 5.7 Burn Torrent Movies to DVD
- 5.8 Burn BBC iPlayer to DVD
- 5.9 Burn iMovie to DVD
- 5.10 Burn Windows Movie Maker Files to DVD
- 5.11 Use Adobe Premiere to Burn A DVD
- 5.12 Convert YouTube to DVD
- 5.13 Convert Blu-ray to DVD
- 5.14 Convert Home Movies to DVD
- 5.15 Convert Movies to DVD
- 5.16 Convert Movies to DVD on Mac
- 5.17 Convert 8mm to DVD
- 6. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
PAL to NTSC Converter: How to Convert PAL to NTSC or NTSC to PAL Easily
“Does NTSC/PAL matter to DVD movies?” --- A Question from Quora
Since you are here, you may know that PAL and NTSC are different analog television systems used by different countries and regions. NTSC is used in most North America, parts of South America (except Brazil, Argentina, and French Guiana), South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, etc. In comparison, PAL is adopted by most countries in the world. Besides PAL and NTSC, SECAM is another system used mainly by France, East Europe, and many western African countries.
Most of us would not be able to recognize the difference between NTSC and PAL. But you'll find out that a PAL formatted DVD won't play on an NTSC DVD player, a PAL video is scrambled with black bars, and a European television set won't work in the United States. To fix these problems, you have to convert PAL to NSTC standard to watch videos on your TV. This article will show you how to convert PAL to NTSC compatible video or DVD with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate).
- Part 1. How to Convert PAL Videos to NTSC By Changing Codecs
- Part 2. How to Convert PAL DVD to NTSC DVD and Vice Versa
- Part 3. PAL vs. NTSC DVD
Part 1. How to Convert PAL Videos to NTSC By Changing Codecs
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert videos from PAL to NTSC or NTSC to PAL.
- Directly convert videos to MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, and other 1000 formats.
- Convert multiple videos in different formats from NTSC to PAL (PAL to NTSC) in batch.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- APEXTRANS technology guarantees 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Burn and customize your DVD or Blu-ray disc with free DVD menu templates.
- Edit videos with advanced video editing functions like trimming, cropping, adding watermarks, subtitles, etc.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Note: Below guide takes the Windows screenshot, for instance. The steps for change PAL to NTSC for Mac are the same. Just make sure you get the right version.
Step 1 Load PAL video or DVD to the converter.
Launch the PAL to NTSC converter and go to the Converter section by default, click or on the top of the interface to load video files or DVD movies. The alternative way is dragging your source PAL video files to the program. This PAL to NTSC converter supports batch conversions. So you can drag more than one file to the program to convert PAL video to NTSC at one go.
Step 2 Make NTSC changes.
The main differences between PAL and NTSC video are the resolution and frame rate. NTSC has a resolution of 720x480 and a frame rate of 23.97. So you need to make NTSC settings while selecting an output format for video.
To select an output format, click the drop-down icon beside Output Format and select the Video tab, and choose a format, then click the Edit icon to enter the Settings windows, and make settings as below:
- Resolution: 720*480 pixels
- Frame Rate: 23.97 fps
Convert PAL to NTSC Tips: The program also provides you with all common video editing tools. If black bars appear, you can simply crop the video to fit your TV screen best. Just click one of the Edit options beside the video thumbnail for these tools.
Step 3 Start PAL to NTSC conversion.
When the output format setting is finished, click the Start All button at the bottom of the main interface, this PAL to NTSC converter will complete the conversion fast and easy. You can get the converted NTSC video by clicking the File Location icon.
Part 2. How to Convert PAL DVD to NTSC DVD and Vice Versa
Step 1 Import PAL video or DVD to the converter.
Launch Wondershare UniConverter and go to the DVD Burner section by default, choose the or to import video files or DVD movies. The alternative way is to drag and drop your source PAL videos to the program.
Step 2 Set the DVD parameters and convert PAL to NTSC DVD.
If the output format is set to DVD, there is no need to change resolution and frame rate settings. You'll have a TV Standard option to switch convert PAL DVD to NTSC DVD or NTSC DVD to PAL DVD. You can also set the DVD label, Aspect Ratio, Quality, Menu Type as well. Meanwhile, you can choose the DVD destination at the Burn Video to and choose and customize the DVD template by your needs. Finally, click the Burn button to start converting PAL to NTSC DVD.
When the PAL to NTSC conversion is complete, you can then play the output video files on your NTSC compatible DVD player and TV set.
Part 3. PAL vs. NTSC DVD
What Is a PAL DVD Format?
Standing for Phase Alternating Line, PAL is a video system or standard, and a PAL DVD is a disc that makes use of the PAL encoding system. A DVD PAL format is used in more than 120 countries across the globe, including Africa, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. The different versions of this standard are interoperable. In a PAL format, DVD 25 frames are transmitted in a second, and each of these frames is made of 625 individual scan lines.
What Is NTSC Format DVD?
NTSC is also a video standard that is mainly used in North America and South America. In this format, 30 frames per second are transmitted with an aspect ratio of 720 X 480, and there are 525 individual scan lines in each of these frames. A disc using the NTSC system is known as NTSC format DVD.
Differences Between PAL Format DVD and NTSC Format DVD
Though both NTSC and PAL are encoding systems that affect the quality of the videos that are viewed, they are different in an array of aspects, including supported regions, aspect ratio, fps, and others. The table below shows a comparison between NTSC and PAL format.
|Full-Form||National Television System Committee||Phase Alternating Line|
|Supported Regions||Japan, North America, and most parts of South America||UK, Australia, Sweden, most parts of Europe and Africa|
|Aspect Ratio||720 X 480||720 X 576|