- 1. Convert Video to DVD+
- 1.1 MP4 to DVD
- 1.2 MOV to DVD
- 1.3 MKV to DVD
- 1.4 MPG to DVD
- 1.5 Burn MP4 to DVD on Windows 10
- 1.6 Convert VOB to DVD
- 1.7 Convert M4V to DVD
- 1.8 Burn AVI to DVD
- 1.9 Burn AVCHD to DVD
- 1.10 Convert WMV to DVD
- 1.11 Burn WMV to DVD Player Format
- 1.12 Convert MTS/M2TS/TS Files to DVD
- 1.13 Burn DivX/Xvid Files to DVD
- 1.13 Burn MKV to DVD Mac
- 1.14 Burn AVI to DVD Mac
- 2. Convert DVD to Video +
- 3. Convert to/from ISO +
- 4. DVD Burning Software +
- 4.1 ImgBurn Alternative for Windows
- 4.2 Freemake Alternatives
- 4.3 10 Free Mac DVD Burners
- 4.4 AnyDVD for Mac
- 4.5 Best Toast for Windows Alternative
- 4.6 CDBurnerXP for Mac
- 4.7 MP4 to DVD Burner Mac
- 4.8 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Burners
- 4.9 10 WinX DVD Video Software Alternatives
- 4.10 Windows DVD Maker Programs
- 4.11 10 Best Blu-ray DVD Players
- 4.12 Best DVD Makers
- 4.13 Best Video to DVD Converters
- 4.14 Top DVD Creators
- 4.15 Best Free DVD Authoring Software
- 4.16 Alternative to ConvertXtoDVD Mac/Windows
- 4.17 Best DVD Burning Software
- 4.18 Top 5 Free DVD Burners
- 4.19 PAL to NTSC Converter
- 4.20 Convert MP4 to iDVD Mac
- 5. Convert Other Formats to DVD+
- 5.1 iPhone Videos to DVD
- 5.2 Convert uTorrent Movies to DVD
- 5.3 Burn Camcorder to DVD
- 5.4 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 5.5 Convert MiniDV to DVD
- 5.6 Burn iTunes Movie to DVD
- 5.7 Burn Torrent Movies to DVD
- 5.8 Burn BBC iPlayer to DVD
- 5.9 Burn iMovie to DVD
- 5.10 Burn Windows Movie Maker Files to DVD
- 5.11 Use Adobe Premiere to Burn A DVD
- 5.12 Convert YouTube to DVD
- 5.13 Burn DVD on Windows/Mac
- 5.14 Convert Blu-ray to DVD
- 5.15 Convert Home Movies to DVD
- 5.16 Convert Movies to DVD
- 5.17 Convert Movies to DVD on Mac
- 6. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
"I have a bunch of MKV files, I want to make a DVD that can play them back on my DVD Player. Is there anyone know a way to burn MKV to DVD ? "
-- A question from VideoHelp Forum
If you have downloaded MKV format files from the Internet or have obtained them from your HD camcorder, and wish to play them using your DVD player, you are on the right page as we help you with the best ways of converting MKV to DVD. MKV is a multimedia container format that is known for its high-quality video and audio. The format is flexible, capable of holding multiple subtitle tracks and comes with other added features. HD MKV files can be played on your PC, but enjoying them with your dear ones on big TV screen through DVD player will be a different experience. Most of the DVD players do not support playing MKV files directly and thus you need to first burn MKV to DVD. Moreover, having your MKV files in DVD form preserves them and also creates a DVD collection. So for all your queries on how to burn MKV to DVD on Windows and Mac system, we have picked up the best solution as discussed in the following part of the article.
- Part 1. How to Convert MKV to DVD on Windows
- Part 2. How to Burn MKV to DVD on Mac
- Part 3. More Tips about MKV to DVD Conversion
Converting videos to DVD in good quality needs professional software, if you have been looking for the best MKV to DVD converter, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is there. This all-around tool allows converting an array of video and other formats in DVD like a pro. Just a few quick and simple steps and you are done. Using the program you can burn your MKV and other files to DVD folder or ISO files in the local disk. MKV to DVD free download of the software is available at the official website.
Key Features of Wondershaer MKV to DVD Converter:
Wondershare UniConverter - Best MKV to DVD Converter for Windows / Mac (Catalina Included)
- Allows converting MKV to DVD without any quality loss.
- Convert multiple MKV files to DVD in batch without any quality loss.
- Edit MKV videos before burning with built-in editor like cropping, trimming, and others.
- Burn and customize MKV videos to your DVD or Blu-ray disc with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer videos from computer to iPhone, iPad and other devices directly and vice versa.
- Versatile toolbox: Add Video Metadata, GIF Maker, Cast Video to TV, VR Converter and Screen Recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps to convert MKV to DVD on Windows using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Open Wondershare MKV to DVD Converter and Load MKV Files.
Firstly, download and install Wondershare UniConverter program on your Windows PC. Launch the software and go to the Burn section. In order to convert MKV to DVD, you first need to add MKV files. To add local files from PC, click +Add Files option. You can also add the downloaded and recorded file from their tabs on the software interface.
For personalizing videos, you can edit them by clicking one of the Edit icons under the video thumbnail to trim, crop videos, add subtitles, and more.
Step 2 Select and Customize Menu Templates Before Burning MKV to DVD
Once MKV video(s) is added and edited, the next step is to select the desired template. The right side panel of the software shows the available template with the thumbnail of their design; you can move the left and the right arrows to check the template designs.
Click the Edit icon at the top right corner which will open a new window showing more template options and designs. Here you can also add background image and music.
After that, enter DVD label and other information related to Menu Type, Aspect Ratio, TV Standard, and Quality.
Step 3 Burn MKV to DVD
Select location where you want to burn your video to. Finally, hit Burn to proceed with your process of burning MKV to DVD.
Mac is used by a large number of people for video related work, owing to the excellent quality and related features on the system. If you too have a collection of high-quality MKV videos on your Mac and want to move them safely and without any quality loss to DVD, Wondershare is there with its Wondershare UniConverter for Mac program.
Converting MKV to DVD on Mac using the Wondershare is a simple process without any need for specialized or technical knowledge. Just like its Windows version, the Mac program also allows converting a number of formats to DVD including MKV. During the process, MKV file is automatically converted to DVD supported formats. You can customize your videos before burning them with functions like trimming, cropping, and cutting. Additional features include free DVD templates, converting videos to ISO files, adding images and music as background, real-time preview, and others.
Steps to convert MKV to DVD on Mac OS using Wondershare UniConverter for Mac:
Step 1 Open Wondershare UniConverter for Mac and Add MKV Files
Once the Wondershare software is downloaded and installed on your Mac system, launch it by clicking its icon. From the primary interface of the software, select the Burn tab and drag and drop your MKV files to the software.
Once MKV files are added, you can customize them for personalization by selecting the icon under the added video thumbnail.
Step 2 Select MKV to DVD Templates and Customize DVD Settings
The next step is the selection of the DVD template. By moving the right and the left arrows, you can check the available template designs and then select the one that suits you the best.
Clicking pencil icon at the top-right corner will open a new window that will show more template options. Background picture and music can also be added at this window.
The next thing is to enter the label to the DVD as per your choice. From the drop down menu options, select Menu Type, Aspect Ratio, TV Standard, and Quality.
Step 3 Burn MKV to DVD on Mac
Also select the target DVD where you want to burn your videos to at Burn Video to: at the top-right corner, then finish burning MKV to DVD by clicking the Burn button.
Thus with the above steps, you can burn MKV to DVD on Mac quickly.
1. Is there any online free MKV to DVD converter available?
There are a few free online tools available that allow converting MKV and other file formats to DVD. One such popularly used program is Office Converter. This free to use online program not only works on your PC but on smartphone and tablets as well. You can convert commonly used videos and other formats to DVD using Office Converter. The process is simple where you just need to load the desired file and start the process. Once converted, you can directly download or also get the QR code. The program supports direct YouTube download and conversion to DVD. Batch conversion of YouTube playlist if also supported.
2. Advantages and disadvantages of Free MKV to DVD conversion tools
There are a number of pros and cons associated with free online conversion tools.
Talking about the plus side, these tools are free to use and need no download or installation of software on your PC. The process of conversion is simple and the program supports all commonly used video formats.
On the flip side, talking about disadvantages, free online tools are dependent on Internet connection and its speed for their functioning and conversion speed. Secondly, these tools rarely have customizing features like a built-in editor, option to add background picture, and others. Moreover, free tools have limitation to the maximum file size that can be uploaded. As compared to professional tools like Wondershare, the formats and functioning are limited while working with free online tools.
3. What should be considered while selecting MKV to DVD conversion program?
There are a number of programs and software for burning MKV to DVD. Depending on the number of videos and other requirements you can pick the best suitable method. Still, there are certain basic features which should be considered while selecting a decent MKV to DVD converter. A good program must support all popular file formats in addition to MKV for burning and conversion. Presence of video editor helps to personalize videos and is thus a good feature to have. The program must allow converting MKV and other files to DVD folder and ISO files. Good software must allow batch processing and burning files at a fast speed.
4. Benefits of converting MKV to DVD
Converting MKV to DVD helps to make your MKV files playable on DVD and other devices. Further, moving MKV files from PC to DVD creates additional space on the system for more documents, videos, and other data. Burning MKV to DVD also creates a backup of your MKV files in case of any loss.
Wondershare UniConverter is the ultimate program to convert MKV to DVD with all needed features and functions. When MKV burn DVD using the program the quality is retained, multiple files can be processed at a time and the speed is fast.