- 1. Convert Video to DVD+
- 1.1 MP4 to DVD
- 1.2 MOV to DVD
- 1.3 MKV to DVD
- 1.4 MPG to DVD
- 1.5 Burn MP4 to DVD on Windows 10
- 1.6 Convert VOB to DVD
- 1.7 Convert M4V to DVD
- 1.8 Burn AVI to DVD
- 1.9 Burn AVCHD to DVD
- 1.10 Convert WMV to DVD
- 1.11 Burn WMV to DVD Player Format
- 1.12 Convert MTS/M2TS/TS Files to DVD
- 1.13 Burn DivX/Xvid Files to DVD
- 1.13 Burn MKV to DVD Mac
- 1.14 Burn AVI to DVD Mac
- 2. Convert DVD to Video +
- 3. Convert to/from ISO +
- 4. DVD Burning Software +
- 4.1 ImgBurn Alternative for Windows
- 4.2 Freemake Alternatives
- 4.3 10 Free Mac DVD Burners
- 4.4 AnyDVD for Mac
- 4.5 Best Toast for Windows Alternative
- 4.6 CDBurnerXP for Mac
- 4.7 MP4 to DVD Burner Mac
- 4.8 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Burners
- 4.9 10 WinX DVD Video Software Alternatives
- 4.10 Windows DVD Maker Programs
- 4.11 10 Best Blu-ray DVD Players
- 4.12 Best DVD Makers
- 4.13 Best Video to DVD Converters
- 4.14 Top DVD Creators
- 4.15 Best Free DVD Authoring Software
- 4.16 Alternative to ConvertXtoDVD Mac/Windows
- 4.17 Best DVD Burning Software
- 4.18 Top 5 Free DVD Burners
- 4.19 PAL to NTSC Converter
- 4.20 Convert MP4 to iDVD Mac
- 5. Convert Other Formats to DVD+
- 5.1 iPhone Videos to DVD
- 5.2 Convert uTorrent Movies to DVD
- 5.3 Burn Camcorder to DVD
- 5.4 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 5.5 Convert MiniDV to DVD
- 5.6 Burn iTunes Movie to DVD
- 5.7 Burn Torrent Movies to DVD
- 5.8 Burn BBC iPlayer to DVD
- 5.9 Burn iMovie to DVD
- 5.10 Burn Windows Movie Maker Files to DVD
- 5.11 Use Adobe Premiere to Burn A DVD
- 5.12 Convert YouTube to DVD
- 5.13 Burn DVD on Windows/Mac
- 5.14 Convert Blu-ray to DVD
- 5.15 Convert Home Movies to DVD
- 5.16 Convert Movies to DVD
- 5.17 Convert Movies to DVD on Mac
- 6. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
In the simplest terms, DVD Authoring is a process that helps to create a DVD that can be played on a DVD player. Going a little more into details, DVD authoring helps to combine videos with images, music, menu, chapters, commentary and more into a content that you can view as DVD video or on a number of streaming devices. Though the process requires experience and technical know-how of the field, thanks to the DVD authoring software, even you can create an impressive DVD. A professional DVD authoring software looks after not only the DVD authoring needs but also the video editing needs to have the perfect output.
- Part 1. Best DVD Authoring Software: Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
- Part 2. 5 Best Free DVD Authoring Software
- Part 3. The Comparison Between Professional DVD Authoring Software and Free Ones
Part 1. Best DVD Authoring Software: Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
There are a myriad of free DVD authoring software available, but if you want to settle for nothing less than the best DVD authoring software, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) should be your pick. This professional program works as all-in-one DVD toolkit for Windows and Mac system. Using Wondershare DVD authoring software, you can burn, edit, and convert DVD in just a few clicks. Almost all popular and commonly used formats are supported by UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) for converting them to DVD compatible formats. It can also burn DVD folder and ISO files in the local disk for further burning or backup. There are a number of free DVD menu templates, and you can also add background music, image and edit the DVD title with respect to its size, color, font and other parameters. The built-in video editor of the software makes editing easy and simple for a creative outcome. Real-time preview, fast burning speed, and free trial version are added benefits.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Best DVD Authoring Software for Windows 10 / Mac (Catalina Included)
- Convert videos to any format in batch with less quality loss.
- Built-in video editor allows customizing videos before burning with features like cropping, rotating, trimming and others.
- Allows setting free DVD menu templates with various themes.
- Facilitates adding personalized background image and music for DVD.
- Enables real-time preview of all the changes and adjustments.
- Works as DVD burning software for Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista and Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer converted DVD videos to devices and external hard drives directly.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
Steps to Create a DVD with Wondershare DVD Authoring Software Mac:
The DVD authoring software Mac free download is available from the above given download link.
Step 1 Open Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac) and add files.
Launch Wondershare DVD authoring software Mac on your computer and click +Add Files under the Burn tab to browse and import files from your Mac system. Besides, your downloaded and Recorded files can also be added to the interface if needed.
Step 2 Select DVD template.
After files are added, select the desired DVD template from the given options. Move the left and right arrow to check the available template options. To add background image, music, text and check other templates, click on the Edit icon to open a new window.
Step 3 Enter DVD label and other parameters.
Enter the details regarding DVD label, Menu Type, Aspect Ratio, TV Standard, and Quality.
Step 4 Start burning process with the DVD authoring software.
You can select the destination folder where you want to burn the DVD to at Burn Video to: tab. Then, hit the Burn button to start the process.
If you are on a tight-as-nail budget and cannot go for a paid professional program, do not worry as there are a number of free DVD authoring software available that performs quite a decent task. A free DVD authoring program comes with all basic and needed features to create a good DVD and you can pick a program that goes best with your requirements.
DVDStyler is one of the best free DVD authoring software that helps in the creation of professional-looking DVDs. This open-source cross-platform program works on Windows, Mac, and Linux system. In addition to burning video files on DVD, it also allows creating individually designed DVD menus that are of great help in marketing materials. An array of popular video and audio formats are supported by the software including AVI, MP4, OGG, MP3, MP2, WMV, and others. Slideshows, animation, and multiple titles and audio tracks can also be added. Additional features include a user-friendly interface with drag and drop option, background image files, use of MPEG and VOB files without reencoding, multicore processor support and others.
- Allows creating individually designed DVD menus.
- Use MPEG and VOB files without reencoding.
- Cross-platform tool- Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Limited format support as compared to other programs.
- The program comes with free add-on software, so care needs to be taken while installing it.
2. Bombono DVD
Another popular DVD authoring tool is Bombono DVD that is designed to work on personal computers and comes with a simple and clear interface. The Linux version of the program is free while the Windows version is paid and need a commercial license. There is also a free version of Windows that comes with the limited set of features. The program features an excellent video viewer with timeline and monitor. You can create ISO files, burn directly to disk or author folder using the software. Other features include motion menus, subtitles support, importing video from DVD discs, drag and drop support, real WYSIWYG menu editor along with live thumbnails and transcoding from different formats.
- Simple to use interface.
- Allows creating professional quality products quickly.
- The free version is available only for Linux system and the DVD authoring software Windows 10 and other versions are paid.
- Limited format support.
3. DVD Flick
Another popular free DVD authoring tool is DVD Flick that is available for Windows OS. The program allows converting your computer video files to a DVD that can be played on DVD player, home cinema or media center. More than 45 file formats 40 audio codecs, and 60 video codecs are supported by the software. For easy navigation, it allows adding additional menu and subtitles. The program gives the real-time bit rate of the project so that you have total control over the loss of quality during the process. Additional features include creating chapters, burning the project to disc after encoding and others.
- Support more than 45 formats with 60 video codecs and 40 audio codecs.
- Free from adware, limitations, and spyware.
- Only available for Windows version.
- No editing tools.
Another DVD authoring freeware is DeVeDe that is an open source program that allows converting AVI, MP4, MPG and other file formats to playable video DVD, Video CD, DivX/MPEG-4, Super VideoCD, and CVD. The program allows previewing the videos with selected settings and also save the structure of the disc which can be converted later. Documentation can be seen from the menu option. The software also allows selecting a custom background and has a customized menu. Additional features include menu preview, option for no menu, delay audio, create DVD with 5.1 channel sound, add subtitle from sub and srt formats, set video rate, and others.
- Allows converting video files to DVD and back again.
- Allows processing videos from digital camera, downloads, and YouTube.
- Limited file format support.
- No support for Mac.
- Lack video editing features.
DVDVideoSoft Free Studio is a complete multimedia package by DVDVideoSoft that comes with free apps which are organized into 5 sections- Downloaders, Uploaders, Converters, Recorders, and Editors. DVDVideoSoft free studio download is available for Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP SP3 OS. The program comes with multiple features like converting videos and audios to other format download and convert YouTube video to MP4 and MP3 formats, upload video and music to Facebook and YouTube, and others.
- Support multiple features of uploading, converting, downloading, and others.
- Safe to install program without any adware or spyware.
- DVD free studio is only available for Windows OS.
- Limited DVD editing and related features.
Selecting a DVD authoring program depends upon your DVD needs and requirements. Professional DVD Authoring software is definitely better in terms of performance, features and stability than the free ones. A comparison table of the above-listed software’s is given below to help you make the best choice.
|Features/Program||Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)||DVDStyler||Bombono DVD||DVD FLick||DeVeDe||DVDVideoSoft Free Studio|
|Burning DVD, CD, and Blu-Ray discs||Yes||Burn DVDs||Burn DVDs||Burn DVDs||Burn DVDs||Yes|
|Burn Videos in any format||Yes, support more than 1000 formats||Limited format support||Limited format support||Support more than 45 formats||Limited format support||Limited format support|
|Built-in video editor||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Set DVD Templates||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Download Videos||Yes from more than 10,000 sites||No||No||No||No||Yes, from YouTube and few other sites|
|Adding background image and music||Yes||Allows background image||No||No||Allows customizing background||No|
|Platform||Windows/Mac||Windows/Mac/Linux||Linux/Windows||Windows||Windows/Ubuntu, and other Debian based system||Windows|
|Cost||Paid program with free trial version||Free||Free for Linux but paid for Windows system||Free||Free||Free|
Considering the features, fast speed, format support, and stability, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is definitely the best DVD authoring program. The DVD authoring free download for Windows and Mac version is available as below.