- 1. Convert Video to DVD+
- 1.1 MP4 to DVD
- 1.2 MOV to DVD
- 1.3 MKV to DVD
- 1.4 MPG to DVD
- 1.5 Burn MP4 to DVD on Windows 10
- 1.6 Convert VOB to DVD
- 1.7 Convert M4V to DVD
- 1.8 Burn AVI to DVD
- 1.9 Burn AVCHD to DVD
- 1.10 Convert WMV to DVD
- 1.11 Burn WMV to DVD Player Format
- 1.12 Convert MTS/M2TS/TS Files to DVD
- 1.13 Burn DivX/Xvid Files to DVD
- 1.13 Burn MKV to DVD Mac
- 1.14 Burn AVI to DVD Mac
- 2. Convert DVD to Video +
- 3. Convert to/from ISO +
- 4. DVD Burning Software +
- 4.1 ImgBurn Alternative for Windows
- 4.2 Freemake Alternatives
- 4.3 10 Free Mac DVD Burners
- 4.4 AnyDVD for Mac
- 4.5 Best Toast for Windows Alternative
- 4.6 CDBurnerXP for Mac
- 4.7 MP4 to DVD Burner Mac
- 4.8 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Burners
- 4.9 10 WinX DVD Video Software Alternatives
- 4.10 Windows DVD Maker Programs
- 4.11 10 Best Blu-ray DVD Players
- 4.12 Best DVD Makers
- 4.13 Best Video to DVD Converters
- 4.14 Top DVD Creators
- 4.15 Best Free DVD Authoring Software
- 4.16 Alternative to ConvertXtoDVD Mac/Windows
- 4.17 Best DVD Burning Software
- 4.18 Top 5 Free DVD Burners
- 4.19 PAL to NTSC Converter
- 4.20 Convert MP4 to iDVD Mac
- 5. Convert Other Formats to DVD+
- 5.1 iPhone Videos to DVD
- 5.2 Convert uTorrent Movies to DVD
- 5.3 Burn Camcorder to DVD
- 5.4 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 5.5 Convert MiniDV to DVD
- 5.6 Burn iTunes Movie to DVD
- 5.7 Burn Torrent Movies to DVD
- 5.8 Burn BBC iPlayer to DVD
- 5.9 Burn iMovie to DVD
- 5.10 Burn Windows Movie Maker Files to DVD
- 5.11 Use Adobe Premiere to Burn A DVD
- 5.12 Convert YouTube to DVD
- 5.13 Burn DVD on Windows/Mac
- 5.14 Convert Blu-ray to DVD
- 5.15 Convert Home Movies to DVD
- 5.16 Convert Movies to DVD
- 5.17 Convert Movies to DVD on Mac
- 6. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
How to Burn A Movie to DVD on Mac Effortlessly
Have a number of movies on your Mac that you want to store or share with your loved ones? Connvert Movies to a DVD disc. Additionally, storing your movies on a DVD disc clears up some space of your Mac that can be used for storing other important information. There are different ways and programs to burn a movie to DVD on Mac. Read below to know in detail about these tools.
- Part 1. Quick and Easiest Solution for Burning Movies to DVD on Mac
- Part 2. Free Solution to Burn Movies to DVD on Mac
- Part 3. Direct Method to Burn Movies to DVD with Finder
Part 1. Quick and Easiest Solution for Burning Movies to DVD on Mac
In order to burn a movie to DVD on Mac, good software capable of converting movies to DVD compatible format is needed. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is one such powerful software that allows converting movies and other videos to DVD and Blu-ray discs in just a few simple steps. The program is compatible with working with Mac OS X 10.7 or later. With this DVD burner, you're enable to burn movies to DVD on Windows 10/8/7 as well.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Your Complete Video Toolbox for Windows 10 / Mac (Mojave Included)
- Allows burning movies, HD videos, iPhone videos, and other files to DVD or Blu-ray discs.
- Movies can also be burned to ISO image file or DVD folder.
- Comes with a number static and dynamic free DVD menu templates to choose from.
- Add background image or music to your disc.
- Allows editing DVD title by changing its font, size, and other parameters.
- Built-in video editor allows editing movies before burning to DVD.
- Fast DVD burning speed with real-time preview.
- Built-in video editor allows customizing videos before burning with features like cropping, rotating, trimming and others.
- Convert DVD videos to any format in batch with less quality loss.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer converted DVD videos to devices and external hard drives directly.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
Steps on how to burn a movie to DVD on Mac using Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate):
Step 1 Launch the Wondershare Mac DVD burning software.
Download, install, and open Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac). From the Burn tab, click + Add Files to browse and add movies present on your Mac. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop the movies into the converter.
Step 2 Edit videos before movies to DVD (Optional).
The movies on the interface appear as thumbnails with images. For trimming, cropping, and cutting movies, click the desired editing icon under the thumbnail image. This is an optional step and can be skipped if editing is not needed.
Step 3 Choose a DVD template.
The right side panel shows the available template designs. Move the right and left arrows to check the designs. To add background music or image, click the edit icon next to template design name to open DVD Template window.
Step 4 Enter the DVD label and choose parameters.
At DVD Label, give a name to your disc. Choose disc parameters related to menu type, aspect ratio, TV standard, and Quality.
Step 5 Burn movies to DVD.
On top-right corner, open drop down menu at Burn Video to: tab and choose the location where you want to burn the movie files. Insert a blank disc into your Mac drive and then finally click Burn on the bottom right to start the DVD burning process.
Part 2. Free Solution to Burn Movies to DVD on Mac
If you are looking for a free Mac burn DVD movie solution, Burn software is a decent choice. Using this program, you can burn movies, music, data, and other videos to a disc. The interface of the software is simple and intuitive that makes it easy for the non-techy users as well.
- Allows creating decent quality discs from movies on your Mac.
- Allows creating audio CD in a few simple steps. Offers advanced options like MP3 tagging and CD-text.
- Allows creating interactive menus by selecting a theme or creating your own as needed.
- Copy one disc to another or use disk images to create a DVD.
- Convert video and audio files to disc compatible format.
Steps on how to burn movies to DVD on Mac Using Burn:
Step 1: Download, install and launch the Burn program on your Mac. At the Video tab, open drop-down menu next to the project name and choose the DVD-Video option
Step 2: Open Preferences from the Burn menu. Alternatively, you can also click Command +. A Burn preference window will open. Next, click on the Video tab. Choose NTSC or PAL from the Region settings. You can also choose other settings, and then click the DVD sub tab. To check the preview of the file, you can click the Preview button present on the bottom of the preference window.
Step 3: From the main window, click + to add the movie files from your Mac. You can also drag and drop the files. Click Convert to initiate the process of movies to DVD conversion. Select the location for storing temporary files and click Choose.
As compared to professional software like UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), Burn is a very basic tool. The features are limited and there are not too many options for disc personalization. Moreover, the speed of DVD burning is slow as compared to UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate).
Part 3. Direct Method to Burn Movies to DVD with Finder
If you do not want third-party software for DVD burning, there is a direct method as well when Mac can burn a movie to DVD. In this method, you should either have a built-in optical drive or option to connect an external drive to your Mac.
Steps on how to burn a movie to DVD on Mac directly:
Step 1: Insert a blank disc into your Mac optical (built-in or external) drive. A dialog box will appear from where choose to open the Finder. The disc will now be shown on your Mac desktop.
Step 2: Double-click on the disc and its window will open. In the Places list, you can see a new entry called Untitled DVD. Here you need to drag and drop the movies that you want to burn to the disc window. Arrange the files and rename them if needed.
Step 3: At Disc Name tab, choose the name that you want to give to your DVD. Select Burn speed and other options. Finally, click Burn to start the process of burning Mac movies to DVD.