- 1. Convert Video to DVD+
- 1.1 MP4 to DVD
- 1.2 MOV to DVD
- 1.3 MKV to DVD
- 1.4 MPG to DVD
- 1.5 Burn MP4 to DVD on Windows 10
- 1.6 Convert VOB to DVD
- 1.7 Convert M4V to DVD
- 1.8 Burn AVI to DVD
- 1.9 Burn AVCHD to DVD
- 1.10 Convert WMV to DVD
- 1.11 Convert MTS/M2TS/TS Files to DVD
- 1.12 Burn DivX/Xvid Files to DVD
- 1.13 Burn MKV to DVD Mac
- 1.14 Burn AVI to DVD Mac
- 1.15 MP4 to DVD Online
- 2. Convert DVD to Video +
- 3. Convert to/from ISO +
- 4. DVD Burning Software +
- 4.1 ImgBurn Alternative for Windows
- 4.2 Freemake Alternatives
- 4.3 10 Free Mac DVD Burners
- 4.4 AnyDVD for Mac
- 4.5 Best Toast for Windows Alternative
- 4.6 CDBurnerXP for Mac
- 4.7 MP4 to DVD Burner Mac
- 4.8 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Burners
- 4.9 10 WinX DVD Video Software Alternatives
- 4.10 Windows DVD Maker Programs
- 4.11 10 Best Blu-ray DVD Players
- 4.12 Best DVD Makers
- 4.13 Best Video to DVD Converters
- 4.14 Top DVD Creators
- 4.15 Best Free DVD Authoring Software
- 4.16 Alternative to ConvertXtoDVD Mac/Windows
- 4.17 Best DVD Burning Software
- 4.18 Top 5 Free DVD Burners
- 4.19 PAL to NTSC Converter
- 4.20 Convert MP4 to iDVD Mac
- 5. Convert Other Formats to DVD+
- 5.1 iPhone Videos to DVD
- 5.2 Convert uTorrent Movies to DVD
- 5.3 Burn Camcorder to DVD
- 5.4 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 5.5 Convert MiniDV to DVD
- 5.6 Burn iTunes Movie to DVD
- 5.7 Burn Torrent Movies to DVD
- 5.8 Burn BBC iPlayer to DVD
- 5.9 Burn iMovie to DVD
- 5.10 Burn Windows Movie Maker Files to DVD
- 5.11 Use Adobe Premiere to Burn A DVD
- 5.12 Convert YouTube to DVD
- 5.13 Convert Blu-ray to DVD
- 5.14 Convert Home Movies to DVD
- 5.15 Convert Movies to DVD
- 5.16 Convert Movies to DVD on Mac
- 5.17 Convert 8mm to DVD
- 6. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
Best 4 DVD Makers: How to Make a DVD Free on Windows/Mac
Cloud storage is the latest means to store your digital content, but if you still wish to be connected to the traditional means then nothing like DVDs. Storing your favorite movies, videos, images, music and other contents on DVD can free up space on your computer and give you a physical sense of belonging when it comes to your important data. Additionally, sharing content becomes much easier when they are stored on a DVD. In all the above-mentioned situations, you need a DVD maker which will help you burn videos to DVD easily and quickly. This article will introduce the best and free DVD makers for Windows and Mac to make bootable DVD, copy DVD, customize DVD menu, and others.
- Part 1. Best DVD Maker for Windows 10/8/7 and Mac
- Part 2. Windows DVD Maker: Free DVD Tool for Windows 7
- Part 3. Other Free DVD Makers for Windows/Mac
There are a number of software and programs that can make bootable DVD, and if you are in search for the best one, then Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the apt choice. This video DVD maker is compatible with Windows and Mac system and support 1000+ formats including MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, etc. It's a powerful all-in-one DVD toolbox with functions of video editing, converting, downloading and burning DVD in a few simple steps. The key features of the software are enlisted below.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best DVD Maker for Windows 10 / Mac (Catalina Included)
- Burn videos in 1000+ formats as well as HD videos to DVD, ISO files, and Blu-ray disc.
- Customize DVD burning with free menu templates in various themes, customized background music, images.
- Change DVD settings including TV standard, disc label, aspect ratio, and more others.
- Edit videos before burning with features like cropping, rotating, trimming, adding subtitles, etc.
- 30X fast DVD burning speed than other common video burners.
- Convert videos to any format in batch with less quality loss.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer converted DVD videos to devices and external hard drives directly.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista and Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Watch Video Tutorial on How to Make A DVD on Windows 10/8/7
Steps to burn videos to DVD on Windows/Mac easily:
At the beginning, you should install Wondershare UniConverter on your PC/Mac from the links above and connect the DVD to your device. And then follow the steps below which work on both Windows and Mac system.
Step 1 Launch Wondershare DVD Maker and Add Files to Burn
Launch Wondershare UniConverter on your PC/Mac. On the main interface, select the Burn tab and click the +Add Files button to browse and add the files from your PC. Alternatively, you can also add the converted files, downloaded files or load files from other DVD.
Step 2 Set DVD settings and select DVD templates.
Once all files are added to the program, you can select the template from the given options. Move the right and the left arrow to check the options.
For adding background music or image, open the DVD template window by clicking the Edit icon.
After that, adjust DVD settings for various parameters such as DVD menu type, aspect ratio, TV standard, and quality. With these features, Wondershare DVD maker also works as a DVD label maker.
Step 3 Burn videos to DVD easily.
After all the settings have been finished, select the folder where you want to burn the video at the Burn video to: tab. Finally, click the Burn button to start the process.
Looking for a free solution to create DVDs on your Windows system? Windows DVD Maker will be the choice. This DVD Maker Windows is included only in Windows 7 and Windows Vista system while it is not supported by Windows 8 and Windows 10. In addition to videos, photos are also supported by the program as an input option, thus making it a decent photo DVD maker as well. Good quality slideshows and home movies on DVD can be created using the software. To help to personalize your videos, this DVD maker Windows also supports a host of editing features like adding DVD menus and background music, font and button style customization, adding slideshow transition effects and others. Thus it also works as a decent DVD slideshow maker. For better settings and effect, an interactive preview option is also there.
Steps to download Windows DVD Maker and make DVD using it:
Step 1: On your Windows 7/Vista PC, open Control Panel> Programs and Features. Hit the “Turn Windows features on or off” option and move down to “Media Features”. Check the box next to Windows DVD Maker. Once the program is installed, you may need to reboot your system and Windows DVD maker download process will be complete.
Step 2: Open the DVD maker Windows 7 or Vista and click “Choose Photos and Videos” to browse and add media files that you want to convert to a DVD.
Step 3: Once files are added to the interface, you can manage them by adding or removing. Click “Next” to proceed further.
Step 4: You can preview, add menu text, customize menu and select slideshow option. Select the menu style of the DVD and finally hit “Burn” to make a DVD.
This Microsoft DVD maker will create DVD of your selected files.
If you're hunting a free DVD maker for Windows/Mac, read the following part to know more about free DVD tools. You can burn videos to DVD for free on both Windows and Mac system with simple steps.
1. Wondershare Free Video Converter for Mac
One of the best free programs to take care of all your DVD-related needs on a Mac system is Wondershare Free Video Converter for Mac. The program acts as a complete DVD took-kit with an array of professional features. It supports all popular video formats that can be converted to DVD. Download and install to make a DVD free on Windows/Mac.
Steps to make a DVD free on Mac using Wondershare Free Video Converter
Step 1: Open Wondershare Free Video Converter on your Mac. Under the Burn tab, click the +Add Files button to add files from your system. Here you can also add converted or downloaded files.
Step 2: After adding files, select template by moving left and right arrow.
Step 3: At the Burn Video to: option, select name of the DVD file. Enter the details for the DVD label and other parameters.
Step 4: Click the Burn button to start the DVD burning process.
2. Online DVD Maker
If you are looking for a DVD maker online for your Mac system, then you would be disappointed to know that there are no online tools available. Instead, you could go for free DVD maker software that can be easily installed on your Mac system to get your media files converted to DVD for playback and backup.
There is a decent number of DVD maker freeware for Mac systems, but one of the popularly used tools is Burn. The program allows burning CD and DVDs on Mac through its simple and easy to use interface. Using the software, you can burn data disks, playable videos disks, and playable CD audio disks. Disk images like ISO, DMG and others can also be copied and written using Burn. Additional features that make Burn as the best free DVD maker include personalizing DVD with custom DVD menu and themes, disc icon option, file permission, file dates, MP3 tag editing, converting files, and others.
Burn work on Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher OS version and is free to use and open source program. This video DVD maker free can be downloaded from http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html.
Steps to burn DVD free using Burn:
Step 1: Download Burn from http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html and install on your Mac.
Step 2: Open the software on your system and select the type of disc that you want to create from the given tabs - Data, Audio, Video, and Copy.
Step 3: Drag and drop the files that you want to burn to the program interface. Give the desired name to the disc.
Step 4: Finally, click Burn to start the process.
The above methods will surely help you with solutions to your queries on how to make a DVD. You can either opt for free DVD maker for basic requirements or go for professional software like Wondershare UniConverter for complete DVD needs. Now have a free trial now!