- 1. Convert to DVD+
- 2. Tips for Playing DVD+
- 3. Convert DVD to Video+
- 3.1 Convert DVD to MP4
- 3.2 Convert DVD to MP4 Free
- 3.3 Convert DVD to MP4 VLC
- 3.4 Convert DVD to AVI Free
- 3.5 Convert DVD to DivX/Xvid
- 3.6 Convert DVD to MP3 Free
- 3.7 DVD to iPad
- 3.8 Convert DVD to Digital Files
- 3.9 Convert DVD to AVI with Handbrake
- 3.10 Convert DVD to MPEG
- 3.11 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.12 Download DVD to Computer
- 3.13 Convert DVR to MPEG
- 4. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
- 4.1 Import DVD to iTunes
- 4.2 Edit VOB or DVD Files
- 4.3 Cast DVD to Chromecast
- 4.4 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.5 Windows DVD Maker Won't Burn MOV
- 4.6 Windows DVD Maker Not Burn AVI
- 4.7 Fix Windows DVD Maker Won't Burn MKV Issue
- 4.8 Alternatives to Nero DVD Burner
- 4.9 Top 5 Audio DVD Burners
- 4.10 Online DVD Burners
- 4.11 VHS to DVD
- 4.12 Solve DVD Won't Play
- 4.13 Should I Keep Buying DVDs
- 4.14 Best Movie Gift
- 4.15 DVD Movie Themes
How to Play DVD on Samsung TV Easily
Have a number of favorite DVDs that you want to enjoy on your sharp and big Samsung TV, but no DVD player? No worries as there are a number of ways through which you can enjoy your discs without having a DVD player. Know the best ways on how to play DVD on Samsung TV in the following part of the article.
- Solution 1. Stream a DVD from PC to Samsung TV
- Solution 2. Play DVD Movies on Samsung TV through USB Drive
Solution 1. Stream a DVD from PC to Samsung TV
One of the best and the most straightforward ways to play your DVDs on a Samsung TV is to stream your disc from PC to your Samsung TV. In order to stream your DVD, good professional software is needed, and Wondershare UniConverter is the best for this. This complete video toolbox has a feature that allows you to cast videos to your TV. A number of formats are supported by the software for streaming videos like AVI, MKV, VOB, MPG, FLAC, MTS, and others.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox for Windows 10 / Mac (Catalina Included)
- Cast DVD video to TV, Samsung TV included.
- Burn videos to DVD folder/ISO/DVD disc.
- The built-in video editor allows customizing videos before burning with features like cropping, rotating, trimming and others.
- Offer free DVD menu templates with various themes.
- Facilitates adding personalized background image and music for DVD.
- Convert videos to any format in batch with less quality loss.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer converted DVD videos to devices and external hard drives directly.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor and screen recorder.
- Works as DVD burning software for Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista and Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps on how to Stream a DVD from PC to Samsung TV using Wondershare UniConverter:
Before proceeding with the following steps, insert the disc that you want to play in your PC and connect your Samsung TV to same network as your PC.
Step 1 Launch UniConverter and open Media Server.
Download, install and launch Wondershare Software on your PC. From the main interface, select the Toolbox tab, that will open Media Tools category. Click on the Cast to TV option and a new Media Server window will open.
Step 2 Connect Samsung TV to PC.
The new window will show all the videos available on your computer under the PC library. Click the Import button to add the video from your inserted disc to the library.
Step 3 Play Video on Samsung TV.
Hover the mouse over the video that you want to play on your TV, and a WiFi like an icon will appear on it. Click on the icon, and the video will start casting on your TV as well.
Solution 2. Play DVD Movies on Samsung TV through USB Drive
The present day high-end TV sets like Samsung allows connecting a number of peripheral devices to play your desired movies, and other content. So if you have your titles on disc that you want to play on your TV set without DVD player, USB drive is a great option. You can convert your DVDs and put them on a USB drive with a good DVD to video converter. Wondershare UniConverter here again proves to be an excellent choice as it facilitates converting DVD to Samsung TV supported formats such as MP4. The process of DVD converting using the tool is fast and ensures lossless quality conversion.
Steps on how to play DVD movies on Samsung TV through USB drive:
Step 1 Load DVD to Samsung TV converter.
Launch UniConverter on your computer and insert DVD into your disc drive. If the external drive is used, connect the same to your system. From the software interface, select the Convert tab and click the Load DVD option. A new DVD Load Model window will open and ask you to add Main Movies or All Movies. Select as desired and click OK.
Step 2 Select output format supported by Samsung TV.
The added movies will appear on the program interface as thumbnails with details. Next, click drop down icon next to Convert all files to: option and select MP4 from the Video tab or Samsung TV from TV > Device tab. Here you can also select the desired resolution of the output file or keep it as the original one.
Step 3 Convert DVD videos and add to the Transfer list.
Click Convert All button to start the process of converting DVD movies to MP4 format. The converted files will appear under the Converted tab. Select these converted videos and click Add to Transfer option. You can also right-click the files and select Add to Transfer List.
Step 4 Transfer MP4 videos to USB drive.
Open the Transfer tab on the software interface and connect the USB drive to your PC. The drop-down menu at the top-right corner will show the connected devices. Choose USB from the list. Next, select the converted DVD movies and click Transfer All. The DVD files that are converted to MP4 format will be successfully transferred to the USB drive that you can connect and enjoy playing on your Samsung TV.