- 1. Playing with VLC+
- 1.1 Play Blu-Ray Movies
- 1.2 Play DLNA Content
- 1.3 Play Videos in VLC with Airplay
- 1.4 Play YouTube Videos in VLC
- 1.5 Play M2TS with VLC
- 1.6 Play MTS with VLC
- 1.7 Play M4V with VLC
- 1.8 Play MP4 in VLC
- 1.9 Play RTMP with VLC
- 1.10 Play ISO with VLC
- 1.11 Play AVI with VLC
- 1.12 Play WMV with VLC
- 1.13 Play MIDI with VLC
- 1.14 Play 3D Movies with VLC
- 1.15 Play avchd with VLC
- 1.16 Play Sopcast in VLC
- 1.17 FLAC Not Playing
- 1.18 MP4 Not Playing
- 1.19 FLV Not Playing
- 1.20 MKV Not Playing
- 1.21 MOV Not Playing
- 1.22 UNDF Not Playing
- 1.23 Use VLC for PS3
- 2. Convert & Stream+
- 3. Editing with VLC+
- 4. VLC for Mobile+
- 5. VLC Assistant+
- 6. Tips & Tricks+
- 6.1 Download VLC 64 bit
- 6.2 VLC Latest Version
- 6.3 Download VLC for Mac
- 6.4 VLC for Windows 7
- 6.5 VLC for Windows 8
- 6.6 VLC Skins
- 6.7 VLC Command Line
- 6.8 VLC as Default Player
- 6.9 Rip CD with VLC
- 6.10 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 6.11 VLC Web Plugin
- 6.12 Remote Control VLC
- 6.13 VLC Shortcuts
- 6.14 Screen Capture with VLC
- 6.15 Sync VLC Audio
- 6.16 KMplayer vs VLC
- 6.17 MPC vs VLC
- 6.18 MPlayer vs VLC
- 6.19 VLC Old Version
- 6.20 Snapshots in VLC
- 6.21 Change XBMC to VLC
- 6.22 Is VLC Safe
There are many people who must be thinking, which one to prefer among MPC and VLC Media Player. Many people who like comparison must be seeking some articles where these both Powerful Media Players comes head on head and compared with each feature along side. Here we are with an article, comparing these both lovely Media Players; focusing on all key features and every other detail, which we can.
- Part 1. VLC Media Player
- Part 2. MPC (Media Player Classic) Media Player
- Part 3. 3 Famous Reviews about MPC
- Part 4. 3 Famous Reviews about VLC
VLC Media Player, arguably the most liked Media player and one of the most used Media Player is registered under the brand of VideoLAN non-profit organization.
Key Features of VLC Media
- 1. Latest version available is 2.2.1.
- 2. Simple Interface, Fast and Powerful Media Player.
- 3. Works on all platforms like Windows, MAC, iOS, Linux and UNIX.
- 4. Capable of playing all codecs with almost no codec packs required.
- 5. Completely free to use.
- 6. Capable to do media conversion and even streaming.
- 7. Size of VLC Media Players differs based on the Platform, for example on Windows VLC Media player 2.2.1 is of 28 MB, 34 MB on Mac, and such that.
- 8. Supports almost all formats ranging from 3GP, ASF, AVI, DVR-MS, FLV, Matroska, MIDI,QuickTime File Format, MP4, Ogg, OGM, WAV, MPEG-2 (ES, PS, TS, PVA, MP3), AIFF, Raw audio, Raw DV, MXF, VOB, RM, DVD-Video, VCD, SVCD, CD Audio, DVB, Cinepak, Dirac, DV, H.263, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, H.265/MPEG HEVC,HuffYUV, Indeo 3,MJPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 Part 2, RealVideo 3&4,Sorenson, Theora, VC-1,VP5,VP6,VP8, VP9, DNxHD, Prores and some WMV to AAC, AC3, ALAC, AMR, DTS, DV Audio, XM, FLAC, It, MACE, Mod, Monkey's Audio, MP3, Opus, PLS, QCP, QDM2/QDMC, RealAudio, Speex, Screamtracker 3/S3M, TTA, Vorbis, WavPack, WMA (WMA 1/2, WMA 3 partially) and many more.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from 10000+ video sharing sites.
- Fetch metadata for your iTunes movies automatically.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
MPC-HC Media Player, another lightweight Player and a competitor of VLC Media Player, is also an open source Player just like VLC Media Player.
Key Features of VLC Media
- 1. Latest Version available is 1.7.8
- 2. Works only on Windows
- 3. Can also be used as DVB Player
- 4. Completely free to use
- 5. Size of Media Player is around 18 MB
- 6. Supports all common video and audio file formats available for playback
When trying to collect common reviews about MPC, we may find these for your reference.
1. "Serious competition against VLC, now if it would just play .iso files It'd be perfect."
2. "Best video support: MPC-HC"
3. "Great product, fast and easy."
Conclusion: On the concluding part, we can say that the Media Player Classic holds some place among the users considering it is quite simple to use, easy to install, does not take enough space. But since the users are limited as the software is just limited to Windows Users, the Media Player Classic lags behind in the number of users globally. When, we go through several reviews, we can arrive at the conclusion that, Media Player Classic holds some edge over VLC Media Player in terms of visual, but since the options are limited for the users, many people tend to have VLC Media Player at least in their systems. Personally speaking, Media are a class when we talk of the video aspects, and even, when I feel troubled with VLC Player in these aspects, I immediately switch to Media Player Classic.
Moving towards the 3 famous reviews for VLC Media Player, we can say that this Media Player has been the best choice for the people all around the world. See the snapshots and reviews for the same.
1. "Only one needed for almost any kind of media."
2. "VLC is indispensable…"
3. "Best streaming support: VLC"
Conclusion: Since, VLC Media Player is a versatile player, which works on different platform, the VLC Media Player, holds some edge over Media Player Classic. Even, the wide file format support is just another reason for the great love of the people towards VLC Media Player. The Audio aspects of VLC Media are much better than the Media Player Classic. While MPC is just for Windows, this holds great advantages for VLC Media. May be in the future, Media Player starts working on other platforms and there will be a great competition ahead. Considering the usage part, Media Player Classic has some noteworthy points over VLC media. The direct comparison gets diluted if you are not windows users. But for Windows users, Media Player Classic and VLC Media, both are the winners. Even, I have both the Media Players! Now, it’s your choice, what to use! The Ball is in your court, and since both are available for free, it is your choice to make. Remember, Mac and other platforms guys, need no thinking as there is no Media Player Classic available for them!