- 1. Playing with VLC+
- 1.1 Play Blu-Ray Movies
- 1.2 Play DLNA Content
- 1.3 Play Videos in VLC with Airplay
- 1.4 Play YouTube Videos in VLC
- 1.5 Play M2TS with VLC
- 1.6 Play MTS with VLC
- 1.7 Play M4V with VLC
- 1.8 Play MP4 in VLC
- 1.9 Play RTMP with VLC
- 1.10 Play ISO with VLC
- 1.11 Play AVI with VLC
- 1.12 Play WMV with VLC
- 1.13 Play MIDI with VLC
- 1.14 Play 3D Movies with VLC
- 1.15 Play avchd with VLC
- 1.16 Play Sopcast in VLC
- 1.17 FLAC Not Playing
- 1.18 MP4 Not Playing
- 1.19 FLV Not Playing
- 1.20 MKV Not Playing
- 1.21 MOV Not Playing
- 1.22 UNDF Not Playing
- 1.23 Use VLC for PS3
- 2. Convert & Stream+
- 3. Editing with VLC+
- 4. VLC for Mobile+
- 5. VLC Assistant+
- 6. Tips & Tricks+
- 6.1 Download VLC 64 bit
- 6.2 VLC Latest Version
- 6.3 Download VLC for Mac
- 6.4 VLC for Windows 7
- 6.5 VLC for Windows 8
- 6.6 VLC Skins
- 6.7 VLC Command Line
- 6.8 VLC as Default Player
- 6.9 Rip CD with VLC
- 6.10 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 6.11 VLC Web Plugin
- 6.12 Remote Control VLC
- 6.13 VLC Shortcuts
- 6.14 Screen Capture with VLC
- 6.15 Sync VLC Audio
- 6.16 KMplayer vs VLC
- 6.17 MPC vs VLC
- 6.18 MPlayer vs VLC
- 6.19 VLC Old Version
- 6.20 Snapshots in VLC
- 6.21 Change XBMC to VLC
- 6.22 Is VLC Safe
VLC is one of the most popular, free and open source cross platform media players available today. It has a framework that can play almost all kinds of multimedia files on top of DVDs, CDs, Audio, VCDs and many others. What is so good about VLC is the fact that it is available for every device one can think of, be it Windows, Mac, Android, or iPhone, VLC runs on every popular operating system that is available today. And below lists some links where you can download and enjoy VLC 64 bit on your computer.
VLC supports a large variety of content. It can play videos, even if they are damaged, unfinished or incomplete, such as files that are still downloading from a peer to peer (P2P) network. It also plays m2t MPEG transport streams (.TS) files while they are still in the process of being digitized from an HDV camera via a FireWire cable which makes it possible to monitor the video while it is being played. It can also use libcdio to access .iso files so that users can play files on a disk image, even when the user’s operating system cannot work directly with .iso images.
VLC supports all audio and video formats supported by libavcodec and libavformat. This means that VLC can play back H.264 or MPEG-4 Part 2 video as well as support FLV or MXF file formats "out of the box" using FFmpeg's libraries. Alternatively, VLC has modules for codecs that are not based on FFmpeg's libraries. It is also one of the free software DVD players that ignores DVD region coding on RPC-1 firmware drives, making it a region-free player. However, it does not do the same on RPC-2 firmware drives, as in these cases the region coding is enforced by the drive itself, however, it can still brute-force the CSS encryption to play a foreign-region DVD on an RPC-2 drive. VLC media player has some filters that can distort, rotate, split, de-interlace, and mirror videos as well as create display walls or add a logo overlay. It can also output video as ASCII art.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate -Your Best VLC Assistant
- Convert to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from video sharing sites.
- Fetch metadata for your iTunes movies automatically.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
VLC 64 bit media player has a modular design and that makes it superbly user friendly. It has more than 380 modules, all because of its modular design which makes it easier to include a large number of modules/plugins for new file formats, codecs or various streaming methods. In fact, it creates its own graph of modules dynamically, depending on the situation and on the basis of input protocol, codec, file format, video card capabilities and many other similar parameters.
Since almost everything in VLC is a module, VLC’s core can launch one, many or no interfaces at all. This makes its interface highly adaptable and customizable. In fact, using the skins2 interface, VLC actually supports a large variety of external skins as well, including the ones for Winamp 2 and XMMS. Overall, quality wise, VLC stays unmatched and top notch as compared to its competitors.
And, all this comes in a small package of 28.45 MB which is the size of the installation file of VLC 2.2.1 64 bit, not to forget that it is available in multiple languages like Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Dutch and many more.
Given that VLC is a cross platform media player, it can run on different versions of Windows, OS X, iOS, Linux, Android, BSD, BeOS, OS/2, Solaris, Syllable and QNX. It can even be used with many other programs including a large variety of APIs, browser plugins, eMule, KCeasy, Miro, HandBrake, etc.
Now, let us explore how you can use the VLC player to do various useful and handy things.
1) AirTune Streaming: A functionality for Apple’s Airport Express, it allows one to play media files on your home stereo speakers. VLC supports AirTune Streaming.
2) Minimize VLC player to system tray: You can also minimize VLC to your system tray, see the screenshot below for the way to do that.
3) Convert your files using VLC: This is an amazing feature of VLC. You can convert your media files to different formats. For example, an mp3 file can be converted to acc, mp4, OGG, ASF, TF etc. You can even convert PDF to mp3 / mp4 so that they can be read as multimedia files on mobile devices. Isn’t that a cool feature?
4) Screenshot your video: With VLC, one can even take screenshots of videos, even during the playback. To capture a snapshot, go to Menubar>Video>Snapshot.
5) Play subtitles: When playing a movie you might not always have the option of playing subtitles. In such a case you can download subtitles from website like moviesubtitles.org. You can either rename the subtitle file to match the name of your movie or you can browser the file to enable it. In the previous case (renaming the file) play the file and simply right-click on the screen and go to subtitles, you will be surprised! The subtitles are already enabled! In the later case, you can manually browse the subtitles file and enable it by File > File Open > Check the Use Subtitles checkbox>browse the file>play.
6) Control and customize VLC: One can easily control the VLC player with keyboard/joy sick using Hotkeys and perform various functions like switch to full screen, begin playback, pause playing, speedup or slow playback or skip to next section.
7) View videos with minimal interface: You can even watch videos on VLC in full screen and still keep a watch on your other applications at the same time as well.
8) Customize the VLC interface: VLC player gives you a lot of freedom when it comes to customizing its interface. You can make the player look more colorful and fancy as you please.