- 1. Convert Other Format to MOV+
- 2. Convert MOV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MOV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MOV to AVI
- 2.3 Convert MOV to MKV
- 2.4 Convert MOV to M4V
- 2.5 Convert MOV to MPG
- 2.6 Convert MOV to SWF
- 2.7 Convert MOV to VOB
- 2.8 Convert MOV to WMV
- 2.9 Convert Quicktime to MP3
- 2.10 Convert MOV to WMA
- 2.11 Convert MOV to WAV
- 2.12 Convert MOV to Adobe
- 2.13 Convert MOV to YouTube
- 3. Other MOV Tips+
How to Convert MOV (Quicktime) to MKV in Batch
If you're thinking of how to convert QuickTime MOV format to MKV format, consider it done. This article mainly focuses on MOV to MKV conversion. In order to help you finish this job better, this article will teach you to convert QuickTime MOV files to MKV files step by step using a very professional MOV to MKV converter.
- Part 1. How to Convert MOV to MKV with Best Video Converter
- Part 2. FAQs or Tips about MOV to MKV Conversion
That's Wondershare Video Converter ( Video Converter for Mac ), which makes it easy to convert videos to any other format without degrading the video quality. With the help of this app, you can turn MOV files to the high-quality MKV files effortlessly. In addition, you can add subtitles to videos and more. Please go on and get the details.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Best Video Converter for Windows / Mac (El Capitan included)
- Convert videos at 30 X fastest speed and supports 150+ formats, including HD and 3D videos.
- Download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Netfix, and more.
- Easily record streaming online videos.
- Trim, crop, rotate, or add effects and subtitle to your video.
- Burn video from any format to DVD in high quality with many templates.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS X 10.12 (Serrie), 10.11(El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Step 1 Download and install this QuickTime MOV to MKV converter.
After you install the MOV to MKV converter, launch it and you'll see the software as below.
Note: This tutorial here is right for Windows Users. If you are a Mac user, you also can refer to this guide, as both versions have almost the same functions. If necessary, click here for Mac Users' Guide.
Step 2 Import MOV files to this QuickTime MOV to MKV converter.
Click the button to browse your hard disk to select and import MOV files to this app. Or directly drag the target files to this MOV to MKV converter. These added MOV files will be showed in thumbnails.
Step 3 Select MKV as the output format.
Open this app's output format list by hitting the Format icon in the Output Format pane. Here, you can see all video formats sorted into categories. To select MKV as the output format, you just go to Format>Video category to find your wanted format. Of course, you can hit the Settings option to open its setting window to change its Resolution, Bit Rate, Frame Rate and more.
Step 4 Start converting QuickTime MOV to MKV.
Press the Convert button in the lower-right corner of this app's interface. You'll see this app is converting your MOV files to MKV files, with the conversion progress bar showing. Just let it run in the background, so that you can do other jobs without being disturbed.
When the conversion is over, you can access to the default output folder by clicking the Open Folder option in the interface of this Video Converter . That's all.
Video Tutorial: How to Convert MOV Files to MKV on Windows
1. Does the video lose subtitles after converting it from MOV to MKV?
No. If you convert your video using the professional conversion software, your file will be converted along with the audio, video, subtitles as well as other file contents.
2. Are there free options available for MOV to MKV Conversion?
Yes. There are many free conversion software available online, but if you want to have a speedy conversion of files with additional features, you'd better to use paid professional software because they work at a fast speed and convert files without any errors.
3. Can video files be converted in batch using the conversion software?
Yes. It is possible to convert videos in batches using professional software. All you need to do is to select all of the videos, enter the required output format and choose the folder where you want the output videos to be saved. You can adjust the codec, bit rate, sample rate and other details and optimize the output of the file as well.
4. While trying to do a batch conversion of more than 20 files at a time, the software is crashing. How to improve this?
You need to decrease the number of files you want to convert together since the procedure will take more memory space. For example, if the video size is 1 GB, the memory taken for over 20 videos is almost 40 GB, which gets heavy on the software and makes it crash. So, it is ideal to do it in smaller batches so that the conversion is quick and error free.
5. How to enhance conversion speed of video batches?
Make sure that whenever you launch your conversion software, no other heavy files or programs are running on the computer. The speed of software is optimized to the maximum when no other programs are running simultaneously. If the problem persists, restart your computer.
- How to Convert MOV to WMV with Ease on Mac/Window (Windows 10 Included)
- How to Upload MOV(Quicktime) to YouTube Effortlessly
- How to Convert QuickTime (MOV) to MP3 With the Original Quality
- How to Convert MOV (Quicktime) to VOB Easily With Free and Best Converters
- How to Convert QuickTime MOV to SWF on Mac/Windows (Windows 10 Included)
- How to Easily Convert MOV to AVI on Mac/Windows (Windows 10 Included)
- How to Add, Edit QuickTime MOV Metadata for Windows/Mac (El Capitan Included)