- 1. MOV Video Tool+
- 1.1 Best MOV Converter
- 1.2 Free MOV Converter
- 1.3 MOV to MP4 Converter Online
- 1.4 MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.5 MOV to WMV Converter
- 1.6 MP4 to MOV Converter Online
- 1.7 AVI to MOV Converter
- 1.8 AVI to MOV Converter Online
- 1.9 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 1.10 MTS to MOV Converter
- 1.11 Free MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.12 Convert MOV to MP4 Android
- 2. Convert MOV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MOV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MOV to MP4 Free
- 2.3 Convert MOV to MP4 Mac
- 2.4 Convert MOV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MOV to WMV
- 2.6 Convert MOV to DVD
- 2.7 Convert MOV to FLV
- 2.8 Convert MOV to AVI Mac
- 2.9 Convert MOV to MKV
- 2.10 Convert MOV to WMA
- 2.11 import MOV to iMovie
- 2.12 Convert MOV to Adobe
- 2.13 Convert MOV to WMV Mac
- 2.14 Convert MOV to MPG
- 2.15 Convert MOV to MPEG
- 2.16 Convert MOV to WAV
- 2.17 Convert MOV to 3GP
- 2.18 Convert MOV to WebM
- 2.19 Convert MOV to VOB
- 2.20 Convert MOV to M4V
- 2.21 Convert MOV to SWF
- 2.22 Convert MOV to HTML5
- 2.23 Convert MOV to YouTube
- 2.24 QuickTime to Media Player
- 2.25 Convert MOV to iTunes
- 2.26 Convert MOV to QuickTime
- 2.27 Convert MOV to JPG
- 2.28 Convert MOV to GIF
- 2.29 Convert MOV to MP4 FFmpeg
- 3. Convert Other Format to MOV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MOV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MOV Mac
- 3.3 Convert MKV to MOV
- 3.4 Convert WMV to MOV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MOV Online
- 3.6 Convert WMV to MOV on Mac
- 3.7 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 3.8 Convert MPG to MOV
- 3.9 Convert M4V to MOV
- 3.10 Convert YouTube to MOV
- 3.11 Convert 3GP to MOV Online
- 3.12 Convert WebM to MOV
- 3.13 Convert AVCHD to MOV
- 3.14 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.15 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.16 Convert WLMP to MOV
- 3.17 Convert VOB to MOV
- 3.18 Convert DAT to MOV
- 3.19 Convert MTS to MOV Mac
- 3.20 Convert MTS to MOV Online
- 3.21 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.22 Convert DV to MOV
- 3.23 Convert SWF to MOV
- 3.24 Convert Windows DVD Maker to MOV
- 3.25 Convert FLV to MOV
- 3.26 Convert GIF to MOV
- 4. Play & Edit MOV Tips+
How to Play MOV Files on Windows Media Player 12/11/10
It is one of the best features of Windows Media Player that it can play almost regular types of files that user requires. However, some special formats are not supported or some regular formats, like MOV, can't be played smoothly due to some reasons. Read this article to learn how to solve Windows Media Player can't play .mov files, and the troubleshooting on playing MOV on Windows Media Player.
- Part 1. Why MOV Files Won't Play in Windows Media Player
- Part 2. How to Convert MOV Files to Windows Media Player and Playback Easily
- Part 3. External Knowledge about Windows Media Player
There are many problems which users usually encounter while trying to play MOV files on Windows Media Player. Below listed are some common reasons that cause MOV files cannot be played.
Reasons that Windows Media Player failed to play .mov files
- MOV files damaged and lost some certain parts for playback.
- The codecs required to play files on Windows Media Player are not installed correctly.
- Unavailability of plug-ins which are necessary for playing the files.
- Windows Media Player is not completely installed or the software source is corrupted.
- Steps and terminologies mentioned for playing MOV formats are not followed properly, especially in the case of CDs.
You might get disappointed when fail to open your QuickTime MOV file in your Windows Media Player or share with friends whose computers are running on the Windows operating system. To solve it, you'll have to convert the QuickTime MOV files to Windows Media Player supported codecs and formats, which includes .avi, .asf, .mpeg, .mpg and .wmv. Now, it's high time that you try out the professional and easy-to-use tool - Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), which features in a simple and sleek interface and performs files conversion up to 30X faster, allowing you to convert MOV files to Windows Media Player and play on Windows 10/8/7 easily and smoothly.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best MOV Player for Windows 10/8/7 and Mac
- Play MOV videos on Windows 10, 8, 7/Mac easily and smoothly.
- Support 1000+ video formats to input for playing and converting.
- Convert MOV files to Windows Media Player compatible format such as WMV, MP4, AVI, and others.
- Edit MOV files with trimming, cropping, adding watermarks, applying effects, editing subtitles, etc.
- Compress MOV file size by changing video resolution, bit rate, format, and other parameters.
- Burn MOV videos to a playable DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Supports batch processing to convert multiple MOV files at a time.
- Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, GIF Maker, Fix Media Metadata, Cast to TV, and more.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/2003/Vista/XP, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps to Convert MOV to Windows Media Player Compatible Formats using Wondershare UniConverter
- Import QuickTime MOV videos to the converter.
- Play and Edit MOV videos. (Optional)
- Choose WMV (or others compatible with Windows Media Player) as output format.
- Start QuickTime MOV to WMV conversion.
Step 1 Add your QuickTime MOV files
Install and run this video converter, drag-and-drop QuickTime MOV files to the program window, or go to the menu bar and choose Convert > Converting > Add Files to locate your MOV files.
Note: this smart converter allows batch conversion to save your time, you can add as many MOV files as you want onto it.
Optional Play and edit MOV videos easily
All added files will be displayed as video thumbnail on the interface. Move your mouse upon the video you want to play, and click the play icon to start playing your MOV video that Windows Media Player cannot play. If you want to trim, crop, rotate, or make other changes on your video, then click on the edit icons to open the new setting window.
Step 2 Select WMV as the output format
Click the drop-down icon beside the Convert all files to: button to open the drop-down list and select WMV (a Windows Media Player's friendly format) from the Video tab, also choose a video resolution.
- You can click on the + Create Custom button in the Format window to set special format with additional parameters for both the audio and video files, including resolution, frame rate, encoder, bitrates, etc.
- Before converting, you can preview your videos real-time in the preview pane and compress MOV file size without losing quality by clicking on the compress icon on the Target tab.
Step 3 Convert (QuickTime) MOV Files to Windows Media Player
Hit the Convert All button and let this smart QuickTime MOV to Windows Media Video Converter do the rest for you! And you can find the converted video in the Converted tab.
Note: You can also convert your QuickTime MOV file to an MP4, M4V or etc. and enjoy them on a range of devices. You can also view them in either 3D or HD format for more entertainment.
Watch Video on How to Play and Convert MOV Files on Windows 10 Easily
As is known to all, Window Media Player is so popular that you might want to learn some of its available futures that can simplify some tasks. Here we can recommend you some useful tricks that you can take in the count at the moment to use this excellent software.
Trick 1. Listen to Internet Radio with Windows Media Player
For this, open WMP and go to Media Guide. Now click on the link Internet Radio and then you will see a list of various online radio stations that you can listen to instantly.
Now you have a great variety of options available and the option to search for the particular radio (or radios) you want to hear.
Trick 2. Deactivate Windows Media Player History
If you share the computer with other users and you would not like to show what you have reproduced with the software, follow these simple steps to deactivate the WMP History.
- Go to Options (press Alt + T + O) and select Privacy tab.
- In the History area, unselect the elements that you do not want to share and click on Clear History button.
- Press Apply and OK button.
Trick 3. Multimedia Playback Keyboard Shortcuts
Following these quick keyboard accesses, we can use the multimedia playback of Windows Media Player
- Play/Pause: Ctrl + P
- Stop: Ctrl + S
- Rewind: Ctrl + Shift + B
- Fast Forward: Ctrl + Shift + F
- Previous Track: Ctrl + B
- Next Track: Ctrl + F
- Repeat Current Track: Ctrl + T
Now, you have learned how to play MOV files on Windows 10/8/7 using Windows Media Player without trouble. Free download Wondershare UniConverter to help you solve video playing and converting problems.