- 1. MOV Video Tool+
- 1.1 Best MOV Converter
- 1.2 Free MOV Converter
- 1.3 MOV to MP4 Converter Online
- 1.4 MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.5 MOV to WMV Converter
- 1.6 MP4 to MOV Converter Online
- 1.7 AVI to MOV Converter
- 1.8 AVI to MOV Converter Online
- 1.9 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 1.10 MTS to MOV Converter
- 1.11 Free MOV to AVI Converter
- 2. Convert MOV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MOV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MOV to MP4 Free
- 2.3 Convert MOV to MP4 Mac
- 2.4 Convert MOV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MOV to WMV
- 2.6 Convert MOV to DVD
- 2.7 Convert MOV to FLV
- 2.8 Convert MOV to AVI Mac
- 2.9 Convert MOV to MKV
- 2.10 Convert MOV to WMA
- 2.11 import MOV to iMovie
- 2.12 Convert MOV to Adobe
- 2.13 Convert MOV to WMV Mac
- 2.14 Convert MOV to MPG
- 2.15 Convert MOV to MPEG
- 2.16 Convert MOV to WAV
- 2.17 Convert MOV to 3GP
- 2.18 Convert MOV to WebM
- 2.19 Convert MOV to VOB
- 2.20 Convert MOV to M4V
- 2.21 Convert MOV to SWF
- 2.22 Convert MOV to HTML5
- 2.23 Convert MOV to YouTube
- 2.24 QuickTime to Media Player
- 2.25 Convert MOV to iTunes
- 2.26 Convert MOV to QuickTime
- 2.27 Convert MOV to JPG
- 2.28 Convert MOV to GIF
- 2.29 Convert MOV to MP4 FFmpeg
- 3. Convert Other Format to MOV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MOV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MOV Mac
- 3.3 Convert MKV to MOV
- 3.4 Convert WMV to MOV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MOV Online
- 3.6 Convert WMV to MOV on Mac
- 3.7 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 3.8 Convert MPG to MOV
- 3.9 Convert M4V to MOV
- 3.10 Convert YouTube to MOV
- 3.11 Convert 3GP to MOV Online
- 3.12 Convert WebM to MOV
- 3.13 Convert AVCHD to MOV
- 3.14 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.15 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.16 Convert WLMP to MOV
- 3.17 Convert VOB to MOV
- 3.18 Convert DAT to MOV
- 3.19 Convert MTS to MOV Mac
- 3.20 Convert MTS to MOV Online
- 3.21 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.22 Convert DV to MOV
- 3.23 Convert SWF to MOV
- 3.24 Convert Windows DVD Maker to MOV
- 3.25 Convert FLV to MOV
- 3.26 Convert GIF to MOV
- 4. Play & Edit MOV Tips+
How to Effortlessly Reduce MOV (QuickTime) File Size
"How do I reduce the size of a QuickTime movie?"
Sometimes you may find your QuickTime MOV movies taking up too much space on your devices, or time-consuming when sending them to others, then you should consider how to make a MOV file smaller. To help you easily make it, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is a must-have tool. It enables you to make QuickTime MOV smaller either by adjusting the video parameters based on your needs or automatically reduce MOV file size via default settings. Now check out the instructions below to learn how to make MOV smaller step by step.
- Part 1. How to Make MOV Smaller on Windows/Mac Without Losing Quality
- Part 2. 5 Extra Tips to Reduce MOV File Size
Wondershare UniConverter is the best tool for PC/Mac to reduce MOV file size without losing quality. It allows you to change video format, bit rate, frame rate, encoder and more other settings to reduce MOV file size. Editing features like cropping, trimming, rotating are also available so that you can cut the unwanted parts of your QuickTime MOV files. Moreover, converting MOV to a smaller-sized format like FLV can also be done easily, over 1000+ video and audio formats are supported by it.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best MOV Compressor for Windows/Mac (Catalina Included)
- Make MOV file smaller by changing video format, resolution, bitrate, codec, and other parameters.
- Support 1000+ video formats including MOV, MP4, FLV, WMV, AVI, MPEG, etc.
- Edit MOV files with trimming, cutting, cropping, or merging to reduce the size.
- 30X super faster compressing speed than other online or free conversion tools.
- Compress MOV file size with no quality loss at a real-time preview.
- Transfer compressed MOV file size from PC/Mac to iPhone/iPad/Android devices via a USB cable.
- Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, Video Download, Fix Media Metadata, Cast to TV, and more.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/2003/Vista/XP, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Watch Video to Learn How to Reduce MOV File Size on Windows/Mac
Steps to Reduce MOV File Size with Wondershare UniConverter
Before proceeding with the tutorial of reducing MOV file size, let's free download Wondershare UniConverter and quickly install it on your computer first. Both Windows and Mac version are available here.
Step 1 Add QuickTime MOV Files Need to Make Smaller
Launch the program and click the Add Files button to browse your file folder and select the MOV files you want to reduce size. You can also directly drag them into the primary window.
Step 2 Choose MOV as Output Format
You can select the output video format from the Convert all files to: button. Click the drop-down menu to open the format list, and then click the Video tab to find MOV and choose a resolution. You can convert video formats if you want.
Tips: You can also click + Create Custom to get the Setting window and manually change the settings like resolution, bit rate, frame rate, encoder.
Step 3 Customize Settings to Make MOV Smaller
Click the compress icon on the Target bar to make your MOV file smaller. A new window will open up, from where you can change video resolution, bit rate, quality, and file size easily. You can Preview the compressed video for 20 seconds, and click the OK button to save all changes.
Step 4 Start Compressing MOV File
You'll find the target MOV file size reduced after your customization, then click on the Convert All button to convert and save the newly-compressed MOV files. To get the converted smaller MOV files, you can switch to the Converted tab after the compression process finished.
There is a much easier method to compress an MOV file with Wondershare UniConverter, go to How to Compress MOV Within 3 Steps on Mac >> to learn the details.
Below also lists 5 useful tips to help you to make .mov file size smaller.
- Compress Contents to Save Disk Space
- Select Low File Size Output Formats for Files
- Adjust MOV Video Frame Rate
- Change Output Resolution to Compress .mov Smaller
- Trim or Crop MOV to Reduce MOV File Size
Tip 1. Compress Contents to Save Disk Space
One of the easiest ways to make your MOV file smaller is to compress its contents. To do so, locate your desired MOV file and right click it to choose Properties. Next, go to General > Advanced. Mark the checkbox next to Compress contents to save the disk space. After that, click OK and the file will be saved in a smaller size version.
Tip 2. Select Low File Size Output Formats for Files
There are some output formats occupying more space, whereas some like FLV takes less. Thus, you can choose the format that has a smaller size. For example, you can convert your MOV files to FLV so that your files become smaller without any extra efforts.
Tip 3. Adjust MOV Video Frame Rate
You can adjust the frame rate and other specifications of your MOV file, as the lower the frame rate is, the smaller the file size is. You can do this on a free frame rate converter, many of which are available online. Just import the file, go to Profile Settings option and change the specifications. While entering the specifications, you can enter lower frame rates so that the file size becomes low.
Tip 4. Change Output Resolution to Compress .mov Smaller
Add your MOV files on QuickTime and edit the resolution of the videos by clicking File > Export and selecting the desired resolution. Do not lower it too much or else the video will become pix elated. Reduce the resolution so that you will get a smaller file. This can also be done on file conversion software.
Tip 5. Trim or Crop MOV to Reduce MOV File Size
You can crop or trim MOV videos by cutting the unwanted parts, which will make your MOV file size smaller. Wondershare UniConverter can trim, crop, and cut videos as you need with real-time preview. Click the Trim icon on the video thumbnail and you'll open the video editing window, trim MOV video length and click on the Save button to confirm all changes. You can also crop black edges by using the Crop icon.