- 1. MOV Video Tool+
- 1.1 Best MOV Converter
- 1.2 Top MOV Converter for Mac
- 1.3 Free MOV Converter
- 1.4 MOV to MP4 Converter Online
- 1.5 MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.6 MOV to WMV Converter
- 1.7 MP4 to MOV Converter Online
- 1.8 AVI to MOV Converter
- 1.9 AVI to MOV Converter Online
- 1.10 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 1.11 MTS to MOV Converter
- 1.12 Free MOV to AVI Converter
- 2. Convert MOV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MOV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MOV to MP4 Free
- 2.3 Convert MOV to MP4 Mac
- 2.4 Convert MOV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MOV to WMV
- 2.6 Convert MOV to DVD
- 2.7 Convert MOV to FLV
- 2.8 Convert MOV to AVI Mac
- 2.9 Convert MOV to MKV
- 2.10 Convert MOV to WMA
- 2.11 import MOV to iMovie
- 2.12 Convert MOV to Adobe
- 2.13 Convert MOV to WMV Mac
- 2.14 Convert MOV to MPG
- 2.15 Convert MOV to MPEG
- 2.16 Convert MOV to WAV
- 2.17 Convert MOV to 3GP
- 2.18 Convert MOV to WebM
- 2.19 Convert MOV to VOB
- 2.20 Convert MOV to M4V
- 2.21 Convert MOV to SWF
- 2.22 Convert MOV to HTML5
- 2.23 Convert MOV to YouTube
- 2.24 QuickTime to Media Player
- 2.25 Convert MOV to iTunes
- 2.26 Convert MOV to QuickTime
- 2.27 Convert MOV to JPG
- 2.28 Convert MOV to GIF
- 2.29 Convert MOV to MP4 FFmpeg
- 3. Convert Other Format to MOV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MOV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MOV Mac
- 3.3 Convert MKV to MOV
- 3.4 Convert WMV to MOV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MOV Online
- 3.6 Convert WMV to MOV on Mac
- 3.7 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 3.8 Convert MPG to MOV
- 3.9 Convert M4V to MOV
- 3.10 Convert YouTube to MOV
- 3.11 Convert 3GP to MOV Online
- 3.12 Convert WebM to MOV
- 3.13 Convert AVCHD to MOV
- 3.14 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.15 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.16 Convert WLMP to MOV
- 3.17 Convert VOB to MOV
- 3.18 Convert DAT to MOV
- 3.19 Convert MTS to MOV Mac
- 3.20 Convert MTS to MOV Online
- 3.21 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.22 Convert DV to MOV
- 3.23 Convert SWF to MOV
- 3.24 Convert Windows DVD Maker to MOV
- 3.25 Convert FLV to MOV
- 3.26 Convert GIF to MOV
- 4. Play & Edit MOV Tips+
iPhone MOV: How to Play MOV on iPhone/iPad Smoothly
"How to play QuickTime .mov files on iPhone? I would like to play QuickTime (.mov) files on my iPhone, but I get a message that my file cannot be played on this iPhone."
Videos in MOV format are mainly playback using the Apple QuickTime Player. If you have some of your favorite titles in MOV format that you do not get time watching on your system, the best way is to transfer it to your iPhone or iPad and enjoy watching it during your idle time or even on the go. The following part will mainly discuss how to play MOV on iPhone/iPad in details. If this cannot solve your problem, then you can convert MOV to MP4 on iPhone for playing smoothly.
- Part 1. Why MOV File Not Supported on iPhone/iPad
- Part 2. Best MOV Converter to Play MOV on iPhone (XS/XR/X/8/7/6s/6) /iPad Easily
- Part 3. How to Play MOV Files on iPhone Free via iTunes
Part 1. Why MOV File Not Supported on iPhone/iPad
Though MOV is a supported input format for iPhone and iPad, the files have to be in the right codecs and the in the right size to facilitate seamless playback. There are a number of reasons when your MOV on iPhone does not play successfully and give an error.
- Incompatible codecs: MOV is a container file format that contains different video, audio, and other codecs. Thus, when you sync and transfer your MOV files to your iPhone or an iPad, the codecs in the file might not be supported by your phone and thus fail to play.
- Incorrect parameters: For a MOV file to play on an iPhone, it must have supported parameters with respect to frame rate, resolution, bitrate, and frequency. So if these parameters of MOV file do not match with that of iPhone, the video won’t play.
- Unsafe MOV file download: If MOV files are downloaded from some unsafe or unreliable site, there are chances that it might contain a virus. A corrupted file will not play MOV on iPhone.
- Software failure to recognize the device: Many times, when you try to sync and transfer MOV files from iTunes to iPhone, the device is not recognized by the software and asks for restoring. In the process, restoring the MOV files may be corrupted and then fail to play.
In addition to the above, there may be many other reasons when your iPhone MOV does not play.
Part 2. Best MOV Converter to Play MOV on iPhone (XS/XR/X/8/7/6s/6) /iPad Easily
The best solution to play MOV files on iPhone is to encode them and convert them to device compatible formats. The process of conversion requires an expert solution and Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is simply the best for it. The software is available for Windows and Mac systems and you can play MOV or other 1000+ video/audio formats directly. It facilitates converting MOV as well as other file types to device-specific formats including all popular and widely-used models of iPhone and iPad.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox for Windows/Mac
- Support 1000+ video formats for easy playback on iPhone, iPad, Android and other devices.
- Batch processing of converting MOV files to iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s/6, etc.
- Transfer converted MOV files to iPhone in a few simple steps.
- Trim, crop, cut, add watermark, and apply effects to MOV videos before converting to iPhone.
- Convert MOV to MP4, WMV, MKV, AVI, and other 1000 formats without quality loss.
- Burn MOV to DVD with free menu templates and play with your DVD player on big TV.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites by pasting URL.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/2003/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Watch Video Tutorial to Convert MOV to iPhone/iPad Compatible Formats on Windows
Steps on How to Play MOV on iPhone on Mac:
As we have discussed in the above parts of the article, your MOV files may not play on your iPhone due to incompatible codecs. In such situations, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) proves to be an apt solution as it facilitates converting MOV to iPhone compatible formats. Additionally, the software also allows transferring the converted files to iPhone and other devices directly. Below shows the steps to convert MOV iPhone using Wondershare UniConverter for Mac, Windows users can also follow similar steps. First download and install this MOV converter on your PC/Mac from the link below:
Step 1 Launch Wondershare MOV to iPhone converter and load MOV files.
Open Wondershare UniConverter on your Mac. From the Convert section, click on the +Add Files button to choose and add MOV files from your computer.
Step 2 Choose iPhone as the destination device.
The added videos will appear on the interface as thumbnails. On the top-right corner, click downward arrow at the Convert all tasks to: option. A new window will open and from the Device > Apple tab, choose the device to which you want to convert the MOV format. Click Convert All to start the conversion process.
After the converting process finished, you can find the converted files under the Converted tab. Choose and right-click the file, select Add to Transfer List.
Step 3 Transfer MOV files to iPhone directly.
Using a USB cable, connect your iPhone to your Mac. Open the Transfer section on Wondershare MOV to iPhone converter. The connected device will be shown on the interface. Select the converted MOV files and click Transfer All. The files will successfully transfer to the connected iPhone without erasing your iPhone original contents.
The software also facilitates syncing the converted MOV files to iTunes library directly. To enable the option, go to Preferences > Convert > Check the option of "Automatically add files to iTunes library after conversion" and click OK.
Part 3. How to Play MOV Files on iPhone Free via iTunes
iTunes is the default media management tool for iOS devices. The program, in addition to managing your movies, TV shows, and other content, also features a built-in video encoder for converting the files to a compatible format. So if you do not want to use any third party software, iTunes proves to be a basic MOV to iPhone converter. You can convert MOV to MP4 iPhone and also play MOV files on iPad using the program’s encoder.
Steps on how to play MOV files on iPhone using iTunes:
Step 1: Open iTunes on your PC and click File > Add File to Library. Search and add MOV files from your system and click Open to add to iTunes.
Step 2: Click the Movies tab under the library Menu and all the videos in iTunes will be shown on the program window (including the latest MOV file added from the system).
Step 3: Select the recently added MOV file and then choose File > Convert > Create iPod or iPhone Version.
The iTunes will start optimizing the MOV file for playback on iPhone or iPod. The new compatible file will be listed next to the original MOV video.
Once the process is complete, you can connect your iPhone to your PC and sync the optimized file and enjoy playing it on your iPhone.
Limitations of Converting MOV to iPhone using iTunes:
There are a number of limitations to the solution as listed below:
- Complicated process:
- Th original content on iPhone will be covered:
- One file at a time:
The process of converting MOV to iPhone using iTunes is a complicated process. You first need to add files from the system, convert it and then sync to your iPhone. If you have not well versed with using iTunes, the process will be a complex one for you.
During the entire process of converting and syncing using iTunes, the original contents in iPhone will be lost after your iTunes sync.
iTunes allows converting only a file at a time. So if you have a number of files to be converted to iPhone format, it will take a lot of time for the process to complete.
As you can find that Wondershare UniConverter will be the best choice to play and convert MOV files on iPhone/iPad, you can finish the playback, conversion, editing, and transfer processes within a few simple clicks. Free download and follow the guide above to have a try.