- 1. MOV Video Tool+
- 1.1 Best MOV Converter
- 1.2 Top MOV Converter for Mac
- 1.3 Free MOV Converter
- 1.4 MOV to MP4 Converter Online
- 1.5 MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.6 MOV to WMV Converter
- 1.7 MP4 to MOV Converter Online
- 1.8 AVI to MOV Converter
- 1.9 AVI to MOV Converter Online
- 1.10 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 1.11 MTS to MOV Converter
- 1.12 Free MOV to AVI Converter
- 2. Convert MOV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MOV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MOV to MP4 Free
- 2.3 Convert MOV to MP4 Mac
- 2.4 Convert MOV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MOV to WMV
- 2.6 Convert MOV to DVD
- 2.7 Convert MOV to FLV
- 2.8 Convert MOV to AVI Mac
- 2.9 Convert MOV to MKV
- 2.10 Convert MOV to WMA
- 2.11 import MOV to iMovie
- 2.12 Convert MOV to Adobe
- 2.13 Convert MOV to WMV Mac
- 2.14 Convert MOV to MPG
- 2.15 Convert MOV to MPEG
- 2.16 Convert MOV to WAV
- 2.17 Convert MOV to 3GP
- 2.18 Convert MOV to WebM
- 2.19 Convert MOV to VOB
- 2.20 Convert MOV to M4V
- 2.21 Convert MOV to SWF
- 2.22 Convert MOV to HTML5
- 2.23 Convert MOV to YouTube
- 2.24 QuickTime to Media Player
- 2.25 Convert MOV to iTunes
- 2.26 Convert MOV to QuickTime
- 2.27 Convert MOV to JPG
- 2.28 Convert MOV to GIF
- 2.29 Convert MOV to MP4 FFmpeg
- 3. Convert Other Format to MOV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MOV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MOV Mac
- 3.3 Convert MKV to MOV
- 3.4 Convert WMV to MOV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MOV Online
- 3.6 Convert WMV to MOV on Mac
- 3.7 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 3.8 Convert MPG to MOV
- 3.9 Convert M4V to MOV
- 3.10 Convert YouTube to MOV
- 3.11 Convert 3GP to MOV Online
- 3.12 Convert WebM to MOV
- 3.13 Convert AVCHD to MOV
- 3.14 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.15 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.16 Convert WLMP to MOV
- 3.17 Convert VOB to MOV
- 3.18 Convert DAT to MOV
- 3.19 Convert MTS to MOV Mac
- 3.20 Convert MTS to MOV Online
- 3.21 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.22 Convert DV to MOV
- 3.23 Convert SWF to MOV
- 3.24 Convert Windows DVD Maker to MOV
- 3.25 Convert FLV to MOV
- 3.26 Convert GIF to MOV
- 4. Play & Edit MOV Tips+
The Quickest Solution to Add MOV Files to iMovie
iMovie is one of the best video editor for Mac used in a home-based computer that 99% of YouTube videos are with its edition, which has gained great popularity in the early period in the range of millennium. However, there was a serious complaint that .mov cannot be imported to iMovie video editor.
Mostly, there won’t be such a problem of importing .mov to iMovie. The video codec such as AIC or H.264, DV, MPEG-4, MPEG-2 is authorized to import MOV files to iMovie. But when the MOV files are developed with incompatible mode they are failed to add MOV video to iMovie. This problem would result in issues like playback, slow progress, etc.
Another reason is .mov file takes much space in hard drive usually. This kind of problem will be reflecting in new iMovie versions which won’t accept the .mov file to import. You can see the video, but the fact is you can’t progress the correct format of sounds and clips in the video.
To solve all the problems listed above, you can convert MOV to iMovie or other compatible formats with a professional video converter for Mac or Windows.
- Part 1. How to Convert MOV to iMovie Supported Format
- Part 2. How to Import Converted .mov to iMovie
Without further ado, I'd like to recommend you Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) to convert MOV files to iMovie easily and quickly. It's an all-in-one video converter tool that convert videos to over 1000 video/audio formats or any popular device for further playback and editing. Moreover, it's so user-friendly that you can complete video conversion within 3 simple steps. Wondershare UniConverter also provides you with additional functions like video editing, video compression, video transfer, video downloading, etc. Free download and install it on your Mac/PC to learn more details.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best iMovie Alternative for Windows/Mac (Catalina Included)
- Convert MOV to iMovie compatible formats with super fast speed and no quality loss.
- Edit MOV files with trimming, cropping, adding watermarks, editing subtitles, applying effects, and more others.
- Compress MOV file size smaller by changing encoder, video resolution, bitrate, video format, etc.
- Burn and customize videos to DVD/Blu-ray disc with free DVD menu templates.
- Transfer converted files from Mac/Windows to iPhone/iPad/Android devices via a USB cable.
- Download videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites directly by pasting URL.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, CD burner, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Watch Video Tutorial to Convert MOV to iMovie on Windows, Similar Steps on Mac
Step-by-Step Guide for Importing MOV to iMovie on Mac
Step 1 Add MOV Files You Want to Convert to iMovie
Launch Wondershare UniConverter after installation, then click the Add Files button in the upper-left corner to add your target MOV files. You can also drag and drop multiple files to the interface directly.
You can edit added MOV files if needed. Click the editing icons under the video thumbnail and you can trim, crop, rotate, add watermarks, apply effects, and edit subtitles.
Step 2 Choose iMovie as Output Format
Click the Convert all files to: option to open the formats list, go to the Editing tab and choose iMovie in the left sidebar and select the video resolution in the right to confirm the output format. You can see the target format is also MOV, but the encoder will be changed after conversion.
Step 3 Convert MOV to iMovie Supported Format
Click the Convert All button on the program's interface to start converting MOV to iMoive-compatible formats. You'll get the converted files from the Converted tab.
If you want to reduce your MOV file size, you can move to How to Compress MOV Files without Losing Quality >> to learn more details.
After conversion, you can effortlessly convert your desired MOV files to iMovie for further editing. Now let’s see the steps on how to import converted .mov to iMovie.
Step 1: Buy iMovie form apple and open the software.
Step 2: You can either directly Import Media with Import icon.
or select File and click Import > Movies... .
Step 3: Now select the file and view the iMovie. You will get displayed with pop-up window showing list of file format.
Step 4: Select the video of MOV extension and click Import Selected to proceed.
And then you'd get an interface as below when the .mov file is successfully imported to iMovie.