- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.15 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.16 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to AVCHD
- 2.24 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.25 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.26 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.27 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.28 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.29 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.30 Convert MKV to SWF
- 2.31 Convert MKV to MP4 with Subtitle
- 2.32 Convert MKV to WAV
- 2.33 Convert MKV to MPG
- 2.34 Convert MKV to ISO
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 3.19 Convert WebM to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
How to Convert MKV to QuickTime MOV
As we all know, MKV's native compatibility with Apple products like QuickTime, iTunes, iPhone, etc. are not very satisfying. To play and edit MKV videos on Apple devices or QuickTime player, converting MKV to MOV maybe a better choice as MOV are developed by Apple itself. That's not a difficult thing if you find the right MKV to MOV converter for your Windows or Mac. Here in this article, you can learn the best way to change MKV format for entertainment on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, etc.
- Part 1. Best MKV to MOV Converter to Quickly Convert MKV to MOV
- Part 2. Free MKV to MOV Converter for Windows/Mac
- Part 3. External Knowledge on Advantages for MOV Format
To come straight to the point, I'd like to spare no effort to praise Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - the best MKV to MOV Converter for Windows and Mac. Featured in professional converting service, it not only support over 1000 video/audio formats conversion, but also edits video with its versatile editing function, burn video with free DVD templates. You can learn more via the details below.
Wondershare UniConverter - All-in-one Video Converter
- Convert MKV to MOV (QuickTime), MP4, AVI, MKV and over 1000 formats without losing quality.
- Convert MKV videos to optimized preset like iPhone, iPad, Final Cut Pro, Windows Movie Maker, etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit MKV video files with trimming, cropping, rotating, adding watermarks, etc.
- Burn MKV videos to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites like YouTube.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor and screen recorder.
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3.
- Supported OS: Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
Step-by-step Guide on How to Quickly Convert MKV to MOV with Ease
Step 1 Import MKV Videos to Wondershare MKV to MOV Converter
Download, install and launch Wondershare UniConverter and you'll come to the Convert tab by default. Click the +Add Files button to navigate your desired MKV videos for MOV conversion, then double-click to add them to the MKV to MOV converter. You can also drag and drop one or more MKV files to the main interface directly.
Step 2 Choose MOV as MKV Target Format
To convert MKV to MOV format, you can click besides the Convert all tasks to: option to get the full list of output format, then go to Video > MOV and select a desired video resolution in the right.
Different from video codecs, MOV is just a video format. Considering you might want to play MOV video in iTunes or iPhone, you'd better set H.264 or MPEG-4 as video codec since only H.264 and MPEG-4 in MOV (QuickTime) format can be recognized by Apple products. In that case, you can either click the editing icon or Create Custom circled in the screenshot to get the video setting window, and then set H.264 under Video Encoder. After that, click Create to proceed.
Tip: If you want to play MKV video on iPhone, iPad or other Apple device, you can directly choose Device > Apple and select the corresponding model in the right.
Step 3 Start MKV to MOV Conversion
Click the Convert All button to proceed MKV to MOV conversion, once finished, you'll get MOV video files with H.264 video codec from the Converted tab. Now you can freely drag those converted MKV videos, i.e. MOV (QuickTime) videos to iTunes without any incompatibility issue.
Watch Video to Learn How to Change MKV to MOV Easily on Windows
If your computer runs on Windows system, you can watch the video tutorial to learn to convert MKV to MOV on Windows 10. Actually, both Windows and Mac version function almost the same, just make sure you're downloading the right version to PC.
Wondershare Free Video Converter is the program can also convert videos and audios effectively without any quality loss. To remove watermarks, you have to upgrade to premium. Since it supports multiple video formats you will be able to convert MKV to QuickTime MOV format effectively.
How to convert MKV to MOV with Free Video Converter
Step 1: Open the program, head to the Convert menu and click on the Add Files and upload the MKV file. You will be able to upload the MKV from file explorer, camcorders, external drives or your mobile phone if connected to the computer.
Step 2: When the MKV file appears on the screen, hover to the top right and click on the Convert All Files to: and click on the Video option. You will then see a list of output options. Scroll down until you locate MOV format and click on it.
Step 3: After that, the format menu will disappear. Now, navigate to the bottom of the screen and click on the Output to choose a folder path to save the file. From there, you can now click on the Convert All button and the program will convert MKV to MOV format.
1. No Need to Rewrite Code for Editing
Comprised of several tracks that hold a variety of information, An MOV file can be dissected and edited without having to rewrite code, as would be required with other formats. The audio and video components of every MOV file are stored on separate tracks and can be manipulated for time and content. Effects are housed on their own tracks and allow editors to make different transitions or add subtitles or credits without permanently changing the entire file.
2. Fluidly Embed within Program
Using MOV files with PowerPoint is a good example, because the multimedia MOV files can become a part of the the PowerPoint slideshow program, which support video to appear along with the text onscreen. In addition, MOV video would play automatically if placed on website. Furthermore, its simplicity allows for novice website builders to have a more professional multimedia presentation.