- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.15 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.16 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to AVCHD
- 2.24 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.25 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.26 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.27 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.28 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.29 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.30 Convert MKV to SWF
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
- Part 1. Why Convert MKV to MPEG Format
- Part 2. What is the best MKV to MPEG Converter
- Part 3. How to Quickly Convert MKV to MPEG
Although MKV (Matroska Multimedia Container) supports high video quality, it is not supported by many Windows devices where outdated codecs are installed. While advanced computer users can find and update the required video codecs, the average user lacks the skill to perform this action and thus, won’t be able to enjoy multimedia on MKV files. If you fall into the second category and would like to play files in Windows Media Player, PowerPoint or Windows Movie Maker, it is recommended that you convert MKV to MPEG.
Another good reason why you should convert MKV to MPEG format is that MPEG delivers incredible video quality in a fraction of the file size of other video formats. This makes it the perfect choice for those expected to play media on portable devices or share video files online.
One of the best all-purpose converters available online is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). With this ultimate converter you can easily prepare your multimedia files for instant playback in any format and on any device. Simply select the format or device you want from the extensive list of supported options and your files will be ready in seconds.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert MKV to 1000+ formats, like MPEG, AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
To create MPEG copies of your MKV files, you only need to follow these three steps: Add File > Choose Output Format > Convert.
Step 1 Adding Files
Open Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate),(if you don't have one, download it here) and the interface is streamlined and not obtrusive or cluttered like most converting software. To add MKV files in preparation for conversion, you can either drag and drop from your device or videos folder to the program interface, or import using Add Files button.
Step 2 Choosing Output Format
Select MPEG output format from the drop down list of Convert all files to located on the right side of the interface. If you wish, you can further refine your conversion settings via advanced codec setting panel: it is enabled via the Create Custom option located at the bottom of output format window.
Tip: This MKV to MPEG converter works best in its default settings. Unless you know what you are doing, you do not need to change settings manually. And you can also edit the video by clicking edit buttons under the chosen videos, there're optional categories to create the perfect video for your choice.
- Video Mode: Change video modes between 2D/3D and 180/360 degrees.
- Trim: Assign a new length to your video.
- Adjust: Rotate, flip, crop or change the aspect ratio.
- Effect: Adjust the volume, brightness, contrast and saturation to improve your video.
- Watermark: Apply a custom watermark logo, text or image to your video.
- Subtitle: Add subtitles and edit their position.
Step 3 Convert
The conversion process is started by the Convert button. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will show you the size of the output file and how much time the process will take. You can pause or cancel the process at any time.
Video Tutorial: Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Convert MKV to MPEG
No matter which media format you want, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) works perfectly converting between all kinds of formats, including MKV, MOV, AVI, FLV, MP4, OGG, etc. Besides converting video, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) can also edit your video files like trimming, cropping, merging, adding watermark, and many others. Download your free trial version today and give it a try!
Note: If you are running a Mac system, download and install the Mac version of Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) here. The steps for converting MKV/MPEG are more or less the same.