- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.15 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.16 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.24 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.25 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.26 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.27 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.28 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.29 Convert MKV to SWF
- 2.30 Convert MKV to MP4 with Subtitle
- 2.31 Convert MKV to WAV
- 2.32 Convert MKV to MPG
- 2.33 Convert MKV to ISO
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 3.19 Convert WebM to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
How to Convert WebM to MKV Online Effortlessly
You may find a cool video you like from the internet, but the extension is WebM. WebM is a media format that consists of VP8-compressed video and audio streams, developed by Google as an alternative to MKV for online video sharing. Most of the media player doesn’t support this format, what do you do in that case?
You can convert WebM to MKV. But why MKV? You might ask. MKV is the most popular open source video container formats, supported by any third-party media player that you might use. The process for converting a video file from WebM to MKV is simple, and we have 6 different ways for you to have a try.
- Part 1. Top 5 WebM to MKV Converter Online
- Part 2. Limitations to Convert WebM to MKV Online
- Part 3. How to Remove the Limits to Converting WebM to MKV Online
We list 5 of the best online converters that could convert WebM to MKV Online tools. They are very useful and you do not need to download any desktop software to handle your videos.
One of the very best online converters right now, Cloudconvert sets the standard by providing amplitude of options users can tweak to get a completely customized experience whenever they wish to convert any type of file.
Step 1: Press the Select Files button and upload your desired WebM file.
Step 2: Now, next to the file name will be a menu, from which you can choose the target format, in this case we’ll pick MKV.
Step 3: Press the Start Conversion button at the bottom of the page and wait for it to finish converting to download your file.
This is one of the best online converters, since it supports all the popular video and audio formats, while providing a simple yet useful platform to convert upwards of 2 files at once with a 200MB upload limit. It’s provided and developed by Wondershare.
Step 1: Drag the desired WebM file to Media.io or click on the plus sign to open a window from which you can search for it.
Step 2: Change the format displayed in the To: section to MKV.
Step 3: Press the Convert button.
Onlineconverter is a website mostly designed to be a fast and easy way to convert video or audio files of up to 200MB in size quickly.
Step 1: When you enter the page, go to Video Converter, and select MKV as the Convert to: option.
Step 2: Click on the Choose File to open an extra window from where you’ll be prompted to search for your WebM file on your computer.
Step 3: Choose the Convert button to start the process.
Convertio is a free service to convert your video, audio and document files on the internet with no required installation. They allow some useful modifying of conversion settings, like bitrate, framerate and aspect ratio, and currently support 300 different conversions.
Step 1: Upload your desired file by dragging it to the website itself or just click on the Choose files button and select it from your system.
Step 2: Change the format to the MKV in the dropdown menu.
Step 3: Click the Convert button to start the conversion.
Aconvert is the free online converter that makes it possible to easily edit your video output and upload files from various cloud storage websites, completely free of charge.
Step 1: Click the Choose File button to add a webm file to the website.
Step 2: Change the target format to MKV.
Step 3: Press the the Convert Now! button and after it is done converting, download your file.
Online converter tools aren’t perfect and actually have some severe drawbacks that are unsuitable for those looking to convert a lot of video files regularly, here are three of the most notable limitations found in almost all free online converters:
- This one is present in every single one of the online converting tools, upload size limits, the exact limit varies between converters.
- Free Online Converters need more time to convert the same files, comparing with the desktop video converter. Additionally, you may need a long time to download the converted file as well.
- Based on the web-based limitation, You could not get the desirable quality of the output.
The best way to convert WebM to MKV is to just get a professional video converting tool, and there is no better one than Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). It’s the best at what it does; helping users convert their video files everywhere, burn DVDs, or download their favorite videos from hosted websites. All with an elegant and intuitive design that facilitates the quick learning of the program.
Wondershare UniConverter - WebM to MKV Converter for Windows/Mac
- Convert WebM to MKV, MOV, FLV, AVI, WMV and other 1000+ formats with easy steps on Windows/Mac.
- Burn and customize WebM files to DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Convert WebM files in batch with super fast speed and no quality loss.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Edit WebM videos with trimming, cutting, cropping, adding subtitles, applying effects, etc.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compress, screen recorder, and others.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Convert WebM to MKV with Uniconverter
Step 1 Add your WebM file to the UniConverter.
First, click on the +Add Files button to start importing your video files to Uniconverter, find the WebM file you wish to convert and select it.
Step 2 Choose the target format to MKV.
Once the file is displayed in the converter, head over to the Convert all files to: section, and you can select MKV.
Step 3 Start converting WebM to MKV.
Lastly, click on the Convert All button and wait for the process to finish. It really is that simple!