- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.15 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.16 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.24 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.25 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.26 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.27 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.28 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.29 Convert MKV to SWF
- 2.30 Convert MKV to MP4 with Subtitle
- 2.31 Convert MKV to WAV
- 2.32 Convert MKV to MPG
- 2.33 Convert MKV to ISO
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 3.19 Convert WebM to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
2 Effective Way to Edit MKV Metadata Easily on Windows/Mac
"I have an MKV file, but the file name displayed is not matched. How to change the displayed name?"
"I want my name, the comment, and the description embedded in my Sony video. Any recommended application?"
Matroska Video Files, popularly known as MKV files are basically multimedia container formats that contain different types of files including tags, subtitles and other metadata in a single file. Since MKV file does not have an industry standard, not all types of media players support these files. Therefore, to play these types of files you should use an MKV compatible player or download appropriate codecs. As to metadata, it's a file provides video-related information that looks organized and easy to locate. If you are in search of options to edit MKV metadata or faced with the similar problem mentioned above, you are on the right page. Read further to know a brilliant MKV Tag editor.
- Part 1. Edit MKV Metadata Via Wondershare UniConverter
- Part 2. Use VLC to Edit MKV Metadata for Free
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Edit MKV Metadata Easily on Windows/Mac
- Directly convert MP4 to VOB (DVD-Video ), AVI, MKV, MOV, and 1000+ other formats.
- Burn MP4 to DVD disk to play with your DVD player at 30X fastest speed.
- Optimized conversion presets for iDVD, iMovie, Final.
- Edit videos with advanced video editing function, like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, subtitles, etc.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 1000+ video sharing sites.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Video Tutorial: Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - MKV Tag Editor
Step 1 Launch the MKV tag editor and import the file.
Open the installed Wondershare UniConverter software on your system and then go to the Toolbox section on the left-hand side. Choose the Fix Media Metadata option. After launching this MKV tag editor, you need to import MKV files to the program. To do so, click … button at Choose File: tab to add the video that you want to edit metadata.
Step 2 Start to Edit or Embed MKV Metadata
Edit MKV Metadata: In the metadata editing window, you can edit metadata for the MKV file. Just type the Episode name, Actors, Directors, Screenwriter, Tagline, Description, Comment, and other details, and then click Save.
Embed MKV Metadata: This MKV tag editor also lets you embed metadata for your video. If it is a movie or TV show, just type your video name in the metadata editing window, then click Search. Then you will get the MKV file metadata information automatically. Here metadata editing is also available. While if it is a home video, you can just type the metadata information there. After embedding metadata for MKV, just hit the OK button to save it.
If downloading third-party software does not seem to be a feasible option or you do not wish to spend money on buying a program, there is a free way to edit MKV Metadata using VLC Media player. Created by VideoLAN, VLC is a free media player that allows playing MKV files and can even edit its metadata.
Steps to Edit MKV Metadata Using VLC Media Player
Step 1 Download, install, and launch VLC Media player on your PC.
Step 2 Open the desired MKV file.
On the main player interface, click Media > Open File. Browse for the desired MKV file on your PC and open it.
Step 3 Edit MKV metadata.
On the main interface, click the Tools tab and from the drop-down menu select Media Information. A new window will appear to show the media information. Use General and Extra Metadata tabs in order to edit the tags of the MKV files.
Finally, enter the location where you wish to save the edited file and click Save Metadata. Click Close to complete the process.
Cons of this method:
- Need to install an additional media player in case if you already have an existing player on your PC.
- Does not allow to automatically fetch and search for the metadata information.
- The process is slow as compared to other professional programs.