- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV on Nexus 7
- 1.15 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.16 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.17 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to AVCHD
- 2.24 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.25 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.26 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.27 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.28 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.29 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.30 Convert MKV to SWF
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
Similar to other multimedia containers like AVI, MP4 or MOV in conception, MKV is more flexible in compression which renders in a smaller size with same quality video/audio output, especially for HD videos. Although most qualified movies over the internet are in MKV format, many popular devices including Apple TV have no sight for supporting this format. To solve this tough problem, here we'll provide 2 alternatvies for your reference
- Part 1. Stream MKV to Apple TV with Wondershare Media Server
- Part 2. Convert MKV to Other Formats Supported by Apple TV
Obviously, neither alternatives can be achieved without the following professional video helper-Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, which converts MKV to other formats supported by Apple TV and streams video to Apple TV directly on Windows PC. Together with other additonal features like inbuilt media player, DVD burner, video editor, etc., just come to freely download it and follow the step-by-step guide to play MKV video in Apple TV.
- Directly convert MP4 to VOB (DVD-Video ), AVI, MKV, MOV and 1000+ other formats.
- Burn MP4 to DVD disk to play with your DVD player at 30X fastest speed.
- Optimized conversion presets for iDVD, iMovie, Final.
- Edit videos with the advanced video editing functions like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, subtitles etc.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 1000+ video sharing sites.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Video Tutorial: Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Stream MKV to Apple TV
Step 1 Launch Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate and click Media Server tab in the top, you'll get a pop-up window as the screenshot shows. All supported devices included Apple TV will be detected automatically in the bottom.
Note: Make sure all your device-PC with Media Server and Apple TV are under the same internet.
Step 2 Click Import to load the MKV video you want to stream to Apple TV, select Apple TV as the supported device from the bottom. Then you will see the Wi-Fi icon in the middle of each video file. Click the Wi-Fi icon to Play on TV.
Step 3 Next, there would be a pop-up window acting as the remote controller for your big screen and your MKV videos will also directly show up on TV.
Tips: Right now you can’t preview the video effect in PC with Wondershare Media Server.
If you don't want to stream MKV on Apple TV via a third tool, you can consider converting MKV to Apple TV-supported format once and for all. Here goes the same way as above, download Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate to your PC first. Note that there're both Windows and Mac version for the software, make sure you're downloading the right version. Now follow the guide below and complete MKV to Apple TV conversion in Windows (Windows 10 included).
2. Step-by-step Guide on MKV to Apple TV Conversion
Step 1 Add MKV Files to Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
Click Add Files button to locate your destination MKV files, or simply drag and drop them to the main interface to load MKV video to the program. Then they'll show in thumbnails.
Step 2 Choose Apple TV as Output Format
Click the image icon on the right side of the software to open the output format list. Select Device > Apple and choose Apple TV.
Tips: If you need to play the converted MKV files on Apple TV3, you can choose M4V from
- Video-codec: H.264, Resolution: 1920*1080, Frame Rate: 24 fps, Bit rate: higher value
- Audio-codec: AAC, Channel: 2 Channels stereo, Sample Rate: 44100Hz, Bit Rate: higher value
Step 3 Start MKV to Apple TV Conversion
Click the Convert button to begin the MKV to Apple TV conversion and you can tell the remaining time from the progress bar.
Now you can smoothly play your desired MKV files on Apple TV!