- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.15 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.16 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.24 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.25 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.26 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.27 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.28 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.29 Convert MKV to SWF
- 2.30 Convert MKV to MP4 with Subtitle
- 2.31 Convert MKV to WAV
- 2.32 Convert MKV to MPG
- 2.33 Convert MKV to ISO
- 2.33 Convert MKV to WebM
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 3.19 Convert WebM to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
Top Three Video Splitters to Cut MKV Files without Quality Loss
Videos cutters and video splitters are designed specially to split video files or carve out a particular part of a video. Think of an instance that you want to remove fraction seconds or cut a mini part of a video, what would you do? You'd need a professional video cutter to trim the part out, which ensures the quality intact while cutting an MKV video and getting one whole MKV file without re-encoding at the output.
- Part 1. Top 3 MKV splitters to Cut MKV Files to Smaller Parts
- Part 2. How to Cut MKV files with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
- Part 3. Tips on how to split MKV file without re-encoding
There are many video splitters or video editors, and here we'd like to list the top 3 MKV splitters in our mind for your reference.
1. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is one of the finest tools to edit video, including trim, crop, rotate video, add watermark or subtitle to video. Moreover, it supports converting video to 1000+ different formats for better sharing, downloading online video from 10000+ sites for easier playback, burning DVD, as well as both Windows and Mac OS. This is absolutely an ideal tool to go for!
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, like MKV, AVI, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters
- Built-in editor to edit, enhance & personalize your videos
- Download/record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites
- Burn MKV videos to DVD with more than 36+ free DVD templates
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Filmora is a powerful all in one video editor featured in adding music tracks, integrating graphic overlays and filters, speed control, color tuning, frame by frame preview option, video trimming, merging, changing the aspect ratio, etc. It's such a great tool to cut the MKV file that runs on both Mac and Windows operating systems. However, Filmora falls short when it comes to the scale of supported format conversion in comparison with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate).
3. Avidemux MKV Cutter
This is a fabulous tool specially designed to cut large MKV videos to numerous smaller ones. With a simple, user-friendly interface and high-end functionalities, you can set time to capture a particular segment of MKV video automatically. Note that MKV cutter works on Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Windows.
Although the above-mentioned tools are efficient, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) finds itself having advantages over the other two, because it's a great video converting tool and allows for DVD burning, streaming, video compressing and playing any video via inbuilt video player. So in the following part, we'd spare no effort to tell you how to cut MKV video with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate).
Part 2. How to Cut MKV Files with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
There're Windows and Mac versions for Windows and Mac users, respectively, considering the specific operations are almost the same, this time, we take the Windows version, for example, to show you how Wondershare MKV splitter works.
Step 1 Download Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
Install Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) on the PC and launch it.
Step 2 Load Your Desired File
Now, to load the desired video file for trimming, you can either drag and drop the file into the software interface or use the Document icon to browse for the video in PC.
Step 3 Edit MKV Video File
Now that the video is loaded, it is time to edit it at your will. Click the edit options, as highlighted in the picture below.
A new editing window will pop up, then choose the Trim tab and click the Cut icon to put the initial marker. Modify the start and end time according to requirements.
You can use the Reset button as well to set the starting trimming point again. Click the OK button to save changes.
Step 4 Choose Output Format
Now, choose the output format for the trimmed video, i.e., MP4. Click the output format from the right pane under the Output Format section.
Step 5 Start to convert
Now, click on the Start All button to start the process of conversion, and you will find the trimmed video at the output after the process is complete. The process will take some time, depending on the size of the video. You will be notified once the process is complete and the output video will be the edited one with no loss in quality.
In a few cases, some MKV videos can't be edited directly, and it is better if you can convert the MKV videos to MP4 first, then editing the videos will be done without any matter.
With Wondershare UniConverter, you can convert videos for Twitter easily. Move to Top 5 Twitter Video Converters: Convert Videos for Twitter >> to learn more.
There are various program-specific tips. One must remember to split the MKV file without re-encoding. Here are some FYI:
- It is not necessarily required to re-encode MKV files before splitting as you can still split a file without doing it. Make a health check of the file using a splitter to check if it is in good condition by adding the file to the splitter.
- Specify proper settings for the converted video. The video will get saved with the exact settings you have specified. Specify the starting time and end time properly.