- 1. Convert VOB to Other Format +
- 1.1 Convert VOB to MP4
- 1.2 Convert VOB to MP4 Mac
- 1.3 Convert VOB to MP4 Online
- 1.4 Convert VOB to MOV
- 1.5 Convert VOB to AVI
- 1.6 Convert VOB to AVI Mac
- 1.7 Convert VOB to AVI Online
- 1.8 Convert VOB to WMV
- 1.9 Convert VOB to MPEG
- 1.10 Convert VOB to MP3
- 1.11 Convert VOB to MKV
- 1.12 Convert VOB to DVD
- 2. Convert Other Format to VOB +
- 3. VOB Tools & Tips+
For some reason, you may want to convert VOB to MKV. This article will share an easy-to-use VOB to MKV converter to help you convert VOB, and any other DVD media files to MKV files with high video quality. That's UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) ( Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac)), almost converting any format to other any format without video quality loss.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Best Video Converter for Windows / Mac (Mojave Included)
- Directly convert VOB to MKV, AVI, MKV, MOV and 1000+ other formats.
- Burn MP4 to DVD disk to play with your DVD player at 30X fastest speed.
- Optimized conversion presets for iDVD, iMovie, Final.
- Edit videos with the advanced video editing functions like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, subtitles etc.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 1000+ video sharing sites.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
- Part 1. How to Convert VOB to MKV by Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
- Part 2. Extended Knowledge About VOB and MKV
Part 1. How to Convert VOB to MKV by Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
Video Tutorial: Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Convert VOB to MKV
Step 1 Add VOB files to the VOB to MKV converter.
Click the Add Files button to browse your computer hard disk, and choose the target files to import. Or if your VOB files are at handy, directly drag and drop them to this program.
Step 2 Choose MKV as the output format.
Hit the format icon in the Convert all files to pane, and then select MKV in the Video category from the popping-up format list.
Note: This Video Converter also allows you to add subtitles to VOB files. Just go to its editing interface to do the job. To get more editing tips, like cropping, trimming, adding effect and watermark etc. You can go there: Editing Video.
Step 3 Convert VOB to MKV.
Click the Convert button to convert VOB to MKV. You'll see this app is turning videos from VOB format to MKV format, with the progress bar showing. When it reaches 100%, just hit the Converted button in the middle to find the output files.
VOB — i.e. "Video Object". It's a multimedia container format, storing video on a DVD disc. It can contain various digital contents, like video, audio, subtitle, menu etc, which multiplex together into a stream form. It's actually based on MPEG-2, but with additional limitations and specifications.
MKV — It's a free open source container format, developed by Matroska. And it can hold different types and unlimited numbers of audio, video, picture or subtitle tracks in one file. It has widely used to store common multimedia content like movies or TV shows etc. Matroska file types are .MKV for video (with subtitles and audio), .MKA for audio-only files, .MK3D for stereoscopic video, and .MKS for subtitles only. There are also a lot of people want to convert MKV video to MP4 for playing videos.