- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.15 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.16 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.24 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.25 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.26 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.27 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.28 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.29 Convert MKV to SWF
- 2.30 Convert MKV to MP4 with Subtitle
- 2.31 Convert MKV to WAV
- 2.32 Convert MKV to MPG
- 2.33 Convert MKV to ISO
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 3.19 Convert WebM to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
How to Free Extract Subtitle from MKV
MKV is a multimedia container format that includes video, audio, subtitles, and other metadata. If your MKV videos contain subtitle track, you can freely switch it on or off according to the media player, such as KMPlayer and VLC Media Player. But do you know how to extract subtitles from MKV? Below will introduce a free subtitle extractor for you.
- Part 1. How to extract subtitles from MKV with MKVExtractGUI-2
- Part 2. All-in-one Wondershare MKV Subtitle Editor (optional)
Note: The situation that subtitles are burned on the MKV video is not covered here. If you want to convert MKV to AVI or other formats with subtitle, please directly skip to Part 2.
MKVExtractGUI-2 could be used as an MKV subtitle extractor to extract subtitles from MKV to ASS, SRT or SUB file. It requires MKVToolNix. Apart from extracting subtitle, you can also extract MKV streams, split video and audio to separate files from an MKV file. Now let's walk through easy steps to extract subtitles from MKV videos with free MKV subtitles extractor.
Step 1: Install and run the MKV subtitle extractor.
Both MKVExtractGUI-2 and MKVToolNix are freeware, download it respectively to your computer. First, install MKVToolNix and then put MKVExtractGUI-2.exe to the MKVToolNix folder, after that, double-click MKVExtractGUI-2 to run it.
Step 2: Select MKV subtitle track.
Click the button to open your MKV video with subtitles. You'll see something as above, with several tracks of video, audio, and captions. Select the subtitle you want to extract from the MKV video.
Step 3: Extract subtitles from MKV to ASS, SRT, SUB, etc.
At last, click the Extract button to save subtitles from MKV to your computer. The subtitle will be extracted to ASS, SRT or SUB file format, depending on the original format of the caption in the MKV file.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is an all-in-one subtitle editor that works as the best alternative of DVD Subextractor. You can not only edit or add subtitles to your video/DVD but also convert DVD to videos in 1000+ formats. Multiple functions like video editing, DVD burning, video compressing, and video converting can all be done here. Free download and try this super fast converter without losing quality.
Below lists three major features of Wondershare UniConverter that worth downloading.
1. Convert any file with subtitles.
Wondershare UniConverter supports various video formats, import your files to the software, and convert it to other formats without any quality loss.
2. Add subtitle.
You can easily add the downloaded subtitle to your video, as the screenshot shows. By adding subtitles, it would be much easier for you to watch foreign movies.
3. Personalize your subtitle.
It also enables you to customize the imported subtitle, including the font, color, size, position, and transparency.
Note: Wondershare UniConverter supports multiple subtitles that lets you attach subtitle in the format of SRT, ASS, SSA.
The subtitles in the tracks enable the user to manage the files in the play mode. You can extract the subtitles from Wondershare Uniconverter and customize your imported videos in the finest way.
Wondershare UniConverter - The best subtitle tool for MOV on Mac/Windows (Catalina included)
- Supports extract subtitles from MKV to MOV and MP4.
- Supports videos and audios conversion and transfer to iPhone and Android.
- Customize the DVD content with a built-in 30+ free template.
- You can record online streaming videos of your favorite tracks and transfer them to any device.
- Wondershare Uniconverter's optimized toolbox allows you to convert and edit the images effortlessly.
Step 1 Add the MKV files.
Include the MKV video files into the Wondershare Uniconverter platform. To achieve this task, you have to tap the Document icon to add files.
Step 2 Extract subtitle from MKV.
1. To extract the subtitle from MKV, you have to click the dropdown icon of the No subtitle menu.
2. It is found below the Target tab. This action triggers a list containing many options. Select the checkbox near the Export subtitle(s) option.
3. At last, click the Add button to save the changes with the subtitle.
Step 3 Convert MKV to MOV.
For this conversion, you have to press the down arrow icon beside the Output Format and proceed with the following selection the video, choose MOV, and Same as a source option. Click the Start All button to carry out the batch conversion of MKV files to MOV. View the converted file by selecting the Finished menu.
If you want to know how to MOV to MKV in batch, move to How to Convert MOV to MKV with Best Video Converter >>.