- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.15 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.16 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.24 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.25 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.26 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.27 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.28 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.29 Convert MKV to SWF
- 2.30 Convert MKV to MP4 with Subtitle
- 2.31 Convert MKV to WAV
- 2.32 Convert MKV to MPG
- 2.33 Convert MKV to ISO
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 3.19 Convert WebM to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
How to Convert MKV to VCD Easily on Windows/Mac
Have you ever run into a problem when trying to play the MKV video file that you created or downloaded before? Or excitedly play MKV on your TV but only to find that's not happening? Don't feel odd! Although MKV file extension is a powerful open-source coding that opens the door to so many people and holds so many features, including customized audio and video selections, hardly anyone can play it.
In that case, you'd better convert MKV to VCD or DVD so as to be compatible with DVD player. Scroll through tech forums. There are so many MKV to VCD converter programs, but which one should I turn to? Here's a suggestion: basic DVD/VCD burner programs that come pre-loaded on your PC can't recognize MKV. Namely, they won't be of any help unless you can figure out the base video format that MKV used to create the file. To save time, you can directly turn to Wondershare UniConverter.
Part 1. How to Burn MKV to DVD/VCD without Losing Quality
Compared with the old VCD disc, DVD is a better choice for today's video playback. It can be used on more devices, including TV, and save more data. So, in this part here, you can learn how to burn MKV videos to DVD for VCD alternative using Wondershare UniConverter. You can customize DVD burning with free menu templates, video editing features, TV standard, aspect ratio, and more other parameters. Free download Wondershare UniConverter and follow the steps below.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best MKV to VCD/DVD Converter
- Burn MKV videos to VCD/DVD without losing any quality on Windows/Mac.
- 30X faster-converting speed than any other video converters.
- Support 1000+ video formats, including MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, FLV, AVI, etc.
- Edit videos with trimming, cropping, adding watermark, editing subtitles, etc.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 1000+ video sharing sites.
- Multiple functions: video compressor, screen recorder, DVD converter, GIF maker, CD converter, etc.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to Convert MKV to VCD/DVD on Windows/Mac Using Wondershare UniConverter
Wondershare UniConverter works on both Windows and Mac OS operating systems and in the following part, and we'll look at the steps you'll take in Mac only for the purpose of simplicity. Windows users can also follow similarly.
Step 1 Add MKV Files to VCD/DVD Converter.
Download, install, and launch Wondershare UniConverter on your PC/Mac. Go to the DVD Burner section and click on the + Add Files icon to choose MKV videos you want to burn to VCD or DVD. You can also add files from the DVD directly.
Step 2 Choose Menu Templates for VCD/DVD Disc.
Click on the left and right arrow to choose a free menu template for your disc. You can also hit the Edit icon to change background image/music and make more customization.
Step 3 Customize MKV to VCD/DVD Burning Settings.
You can also customize whether you want the aspect ratio to be 16:9 or something else (We won't say anything about needing to upgrade your TV. You… might be giving these as gifts to older folks who still have a traditional 4:3 TV). Choose your output quality, whether standard or high-definition.
Step 4 Burn MKV to VCD/DVD Easily.
Make sure that you have already inserted a blank disc into your computer. Choose the right burner from the Burn videos to option, and click the Burn button to convert MKV to VCD/DVD using Wondershare UniConverter.
Part 2. VCD vs. DVD
VCD stands for the Video Compact Disc, which contains digital video and audio files. The codec is always MPEG-1. The Video CD format was created in 1993, which is earlier than DVD format.
DVD refers to Digital Versatile Disc, which can hold high-quality MPEG-2 video and audio files. The storage capacity is 4.7 GB, which is larger than VCD's normal 650MB. And when it comes to video resolution, DVD is over 2 million pixels, whereas VCD is under 85,000 pixels.
For higher resolution and more storage space, fewer people using VCD nowadays. DVDs become the first choice to burn videos too. As you have seen, Wondershare UniConverter is easy to use and powerful at the same time. In fact, you could get a streaming device and load your videos onto a portable drive that can plug into the streaming player as an alternative, but why, when it is so simple to get Wondershare UniConverter converting your MKV files to DVD.