- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.15 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.16 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.24 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.25 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.26 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.27 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.28 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.29 Convert MKV to SWF
- 2.30 Convert MKV to MP4 with Subtitle
- 2.31 Convert MKV to WAV
- 2.32 Convert MKV to MPG
- 2.33 Convert MKV to ISO
- 2.33 Convert MKV to WebM
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 3.19 Convert WebM to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
How to Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
Google Chromecast, the digital media player, supports streaming various video formats including MP4, MPEG-DASH, and WebM and HTTP on your HDTV as long as your devices (smartphone or tablet) are connected to the same internet. Note that only those multimedia content in Google Chromecast-supported formats can be directly and smoothly streamed. In other words, you're not allowed to stream MKV, FLV, or AVI video files. To solve this, you need to find a suitable video converter to convert MKV to Chromecast with compatible formats.
- Part 1. Top 3 Video Converters to Convert MKV to Chromecast
- Part 2. How to Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
There're countless video converter tools available in the market, to save your time, here we select 3 widely-used ones for your selection. Now let’s take a look at them one by one.
This is by far the most utilitarian video converter software which comes with a very simple-to-use interface. It allows one to tailor the video for playback on every conceivable device. Though the primary use is to convert video files from one format to another, Wondershare also offers other special features such as download, play, edit, transfer and create all sorts of video files from almost any available source. It performs video conversion within 5 minutes while most competitors would take more than an hour. What's more, you can burn converted videos to DVD and adjust them.
- Adjust the video frames
- Project-based video editing capability helps to save work for future editing
- Simply import and export video file feature
- User-friendly interface makes it practical to even tech-savvy
- No built-in audio templates to make background music for videos
- Incompatible with low fps small screen mobile phones
WinAVI is designed to convert all the popular audio and video formats for smooth playback on HDTV, Xbox, iPad, etc. It comes with a user-friendly interface which can be easily operated by anyone. Any function could be realized within clicks.
- All-round editing video features
- Customize video subtitles
- Freeze the PC
- A crash from time to time
Freemake is a solid application for converting your desired videos absolutely free of cost. All you need to do is down this free converter and convert your videos from any format you want. Freemake comes with better speed, stability, and accuracy because of its DirectX video acceleration technology. It comes with a number of basic tools allowing you to edit the videos before you converting.
- Support 200+ input formats conversion
- Extract online videos to MP3
- Integrated DXVA and CUDA technology ensures high conversion speed with minimum CPU usage
- Incompatible with AVI, MOV, or DNxHD
- Malware might comes along while downloading Freemake
After the above discussion in Part 1, we can easily conclude that Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) stands out. So freely download it via the download button below and follow the quick guide below to learn how to stream MKV to TV with Chromecast.
Convert MKV to digital videos like MOV, MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, SWF, and other 1000 formats.
Convert multiple videos to other formats in batch without any quality loss.
30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, VR Converter, GIF Maker, Fixing Media Metadata, and more.
Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7.
Step 1 Open Media Server Toolbox
Run Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) and click Toolbox at the top, then choose the Cast to TV just as the screenshot shows. Then you'll get a separate window for you to stream video from Chromecast to TV.
Step 2 Load MKV files to Media Server easily.
Click the Import icon to load your desired MKV files to the program, then make sure your Chromecast, PC, and TV are connected to the same internet.
Step 3 Cast MKV files to Chromecast.
After loading, you'll see a gear-like Play button in the middle of the video clips. Click it and you'll successfully stream MKV video to your big-screen HDTV.
You can also watch the video tutorial below to learn more.
With Wondershare UniConverter, you can convert M2TS to MKV easily. Move to 4 Free Ways to Convert M2TS to MKV Without Quality Loss >> to learn more.
Video Tutorial: Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Stream MKV Videos to TV