- 1. MOV Video Tool+
- 1.1 Best MOV Converter
- 1.2 Free MOV Converter
- 1.3 MOV to MP4 Converter Online
- 1.4 MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.5 MOV to WMV Converter
- 1.6 MP4 to MOV Converter Online
- 1.7 AVI to MOV Converter
- 1.8 AVI to MOV Converter Online
- 1.9 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 1.10 MTS to MOV Converter
- 1.11 Free MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.12 Convert MOV to MP4 Android
- 2. Convert MOV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MOV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MOV to MP4 Free
- 2.3 Convert MOV to MP4 Mac
- 2.4 Convert MOV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MOV to WMV
- 2.6 Convert MOV to DVD
- 2.7 Convert MOV to FLV
- 2.8 Convert MOV to AVI Mac
- 2.9 Convert MOV to MKV
- 2.10 Convert MOV to WMA
- 2.11 import MOV to iMovie
- 2.12 Convert MOV to Adobe
- 2.13 Convert MOV to WMV Mac
- 2.14 Convert MOV to MPG
- 2.15 Convert MOV to MPEG
- 2.16 Convert MOV to WAV
- 2.17 Convert MOV to 3GP
- 2.18 Convert MOV to WebM
- 2.19 Convert MOV to VOB
- 2.20 Convert MOV to M4V
- 2.21 Convert MOV to SWF
- 2.22 Convert MOV to HTML5
- 2.23 Convert MOV to YouTube
- 2.24 QuickTime to Media Player
- 2.25 Convert MOV to iTunes
- 2.26 Convert MOV to QuickTime
- 2.27 Convert MOV to JPG
- 2.28 Convert MOV to GIF
- 2.29 Convert MOV to MP4 FFmpeg
- 3. Convert Other Format to MOV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MOV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MOV Mac
- 3.3 Convert MKV to MOV
- 3.4 Convert WMV to MOV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MOV Online
- 3.6 Convert WMV to MOV on Mac
- 3.7 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 3.8 Convert MPG to MOV
- 3.9 Convert M4V to MOV
- 3.10 Convert YouTube to MOV
- 3.11 Convert 3GP to MOV Online
- 3.12 Convert WebM to MOV
- 3.13 Convert AVCHD to MOV
- 3.14 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.15 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.16 Convert WLMP to MOV
- 3.17 Convert VOB to MOV
- 3.18 Convert DAT to MOV
- 3.19 Convert MTS to MOV Mac
- 3.20 Convert MTS to MOV Online
- 3.21 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.22 Convert DV to MOV
- 3.23 Convert SWF to MOV
- 3.24 Convert Windows DVD Maker to MOV
- 3.25 Convert FLV to MOV
- 3.26 Convert GIF to MOV
- 4. Play & Edit MOV Tips+
How Do I Import An MOV File (Quicktime) to Adobe Premiere
Can Adobe Premiere open MOV files? Failed to upload QuickTime MOV files to Adobe Premiere? Have you prompted an error message on your screen saying that the video files are unsupported when you tried to move, import or transfer the MOV file (QuickTime) to Adobe Premiere?
Adobe Premiere is the best and professional video editor for Windows and Mac, and it supports a list of video formats for editing including MOV. However, you may have the same questions listed above when using it. If you are currently using an older version of the Adobe (for instance prior to Adobe version CS5), maybe an upgrade of the Adobe version could help. Still, stuck with unsuccessful attempts? Perhaps there is some required codec missing or it is an incompatible video file format. Then you can try to convert MOV files won't work to other compatible formats such as MP4. Read the parts below to learn about how to import MOV to Adobe Premiere and watch MOV on Adobe Premiere easily.
- Part 1. How to Solve Failed to Import MOV to Adobe Premiere CC/CS6/CS5/CS4
- Part 2. Troubleshooting of Adding QuickTime MOV Files to Adobe Premiere
Part 1. How to Solve Failed to Import MOV to Adobe Premiere CC/CS6/CS5/CS4
If you have check-out or read other related articles, forums or frequently asked questions’ sites; you might end up with the same conclusion that I have. The answer or solution is to convert your QuickTime MOV video files with the proper codec before playing it with Adobe Premiere. You can also try to convert the QuickTime MOV files with any video converter alternative that you might have previously installed and see if it could import the MOV file to Adobe Premiere.
Some software can deal with the conversion and you should be able to watch those MOV files on Adobe Premiere. However, there are cases whereby after importing the MOV files, you might notice issues with the video playback. That’s also why I’m recommending you Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) right now, just in case it comes in handy for you. If you don’t need to edit your videos, then there are practically 3 steps involved.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Converter for Windows/Mac (Catalina Included)
- Convert MOV to MP4 and other Adobe Premiere supported formats easily and quickly.
- Edit MOV files with trimming, cropping, rotating, adding watermarks, editing subtitles, applying effects, etc.
- Burn MOV videos to DVD and customize with free DVD menu templates.
- Optimized conversion presets for iDVD, iMovie, Final Cut Pro.
- Transfer converted files to iPhone/iPad/Android devices directly via a USB cable.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 1000+ video sharing sites.
- All-in-one toolbox: Fix Media Metadata, GIF Maker, Video Compressor, CD Burner, Screen Recorder, etc.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/2003/Vista/XP, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Watch Video Tutorial to Convert MOV to Adobe Premiere Supported Formats
Steps to Convert MOV to MP4 Adobe Premiere on Windows/Mac:
Step 1 Add MOV (QuickTime) files to convert for Adobe Premiere.
Download, install and launch Wondershare UniConverter on your PC/Mac, then choose the Convert section and click on the Add Files button to select MOV files you want to convert to Adobe Premiere compatible formats.
Step 2 Select Adobe Premiere compatible format as output.
After importing the video into UniConverter, you can choose the output format from the Convert all files to: drop-down list. Click the Video tab and choose MP4 or other formats you need. You're allowed to change the video codec and more parameters from the Create Custom button.
Other than converting MOV files to Adobe Premiere, you're allowed to edit the video directly with real-time preview with Wondershare UniConverter. Move to How to Trim, Crop, Cut Videos >> to learn the editing step-by-step guide.
Step 3 Convert MOV to Adobe Premiere.
After all changes have been saved, click on the Convert All button to start converting MOV to Adobe Premiere compatible formats. You can find the converted files from the Converted tab, and now you can import MOV failure files to Adobe Premiere CC/CS6/CS5/CS4 without any trouble.
Part 2. Troubleshooting of Adding QuickTime MOV Files to Adobe Premiere
When you can't add your MOV files to Adobe Premiere for editing, you can check what the problem is by yourself so that you can find the solution quickly and easily. Here are several tips for you.
1. Try another MOV file. If you can add other .mov files to Adobe Premiere smoothly, it means that your failure MOV file is damaged or missing some files. In that case, you need to convert it to other video formats supported by Adobe Premiere or change the codec. A video converter like Handbrake or Wondershare UniConverter can help do this.
2. Change video resolution. Some 4K or higher video resolution may not be supported by Adobe Premiere, so you can try to change the video resolution lower from 4K to 1080p and then import it again.
3. Rename the file extension from .mov to .mp4 directly. This may damage your original files so you should copy a backup firstly. But the video codec inside your MOV files can't be changed so it may not work if your video codec is not supported by Adobe Premiere. So this is a risky method to try.
Last but not least, if you are interested in Wondershare UniConverter, you can free download the program and follow the steps above to convert and import MOV to Adobe Premiere.