- 1. MOV Video Tool+
- 1.1 Best MOV Converter
- 1.2 Free MOV Converter
- 1.3 MOV to MP4 Converter Online
- 1.4 MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.5 MOV to WMV Converter
- 1.6 MP4 to MOV Converter Online
- 1.7 AVI to MOV Converter
- 1.8 AVI to MOV Converter Online
- 1.9 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 1.10 MTS to MOV Converter
- 1.11 Free MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.12 Convert MOV to MP4 Android
- 2. Convert MOV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MOV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MOV to MP4 Free
- 2.3 Convert MOV to MP4 Mac
- 2.4 Convert MOV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MOV to WMV
- 2.6 Convert MOV to DVD
- 2.7 Convert MOV to FLV
- 2.8 Convert MOV to AVI Mac
- 2.9 Convert MOV to MKV
- 2.10 Convert MOV to WMA
- 2.11 import MOV to iMovie
- 2.12 Convert MOV to Adobe
- 2.13 Convert MOV to WMV Mac
- 2.14 Convert MOV to MPG
- 2.15 Convert MOV to MPEG
- 2.16 Convert MOV to WAV
- 2.17 Convert MOV to 3GP
- 2.18 Convert MOV to WebM
- 2.19 Convert MOV to VOB
- 2.20 Convert MOV to M4V
- 2.21 Convert MOV to SWF
- 2.22 Convert MOV to HTML5
- 2.23 Convert MOV to YouTube
- 2.24 QuickTime to Media Player
- 2.25 Convert MOV to iTunes
- 2.26 Convert MOV to QuickTime
- 2.27 Convert MOV to JPG
- 2.28 Convert MOV to GIF
- 2.29 Convert MOV to MP4 FFmpeg
- 3. Convert Other Format to MOV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MOV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MOV Mac
- 3.3 Convert MKV to MOV
- 3.4 Convert WMV to MOV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MOV Online
- 3.6 Convert WMV to MOV on Mac
- 3.7 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 3.8 Convert MPG to MOV
- 3.9 Convert M4V to MOV
- 3.10 Convert YouTube to MOV
- 3.11 Convert 3GP to MOV Online
- 3.12 Convert WebM to MOV
- 3.13 Convert AVCHD to MOV
- 3.14 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.15 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.16 Convert WLMP to MOV
- 3.17 Convert VOB to MOV
- 3.18 Convert DAT to MOV
- 3.19 Convert MTS to MOV Mac
- 3.20 Convert MTS to MOV Online
- 3.21 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.22 Convert DV to MOV
- 3.23 Convert SWF to MOV
- 3.24 Convert Windows DVD Maker to MOV
- 3.25 Convert FLV to MOV
- 3.26 Convert GIF to MOV
- 4. Play & Edit MOV Tips+
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
How Do I Import An MOV File (Quicktime) to Adobe Premiere
Can Adobe Premiere open MOV files? Failed to upload QuickTime MOV to Adobe Premiere? Have you prompted an error message on your screen saying that the video files are unsupported when you tried to move, import, or transfer the MOV file (QuickTime) to Adobe Premiere?
Adobe Premiere is the best and professional video editor for Windows and Mac, and it supports a list of video formats for editing, including MOV. However, you may have the same questions listed above when using it. If you are currently using an older version of the Adobe (for instance, before Adobe version CS5), maybe an upgrade of the Adobe version could help. Are you still stuck with unsuccessful attempts? Perhaps there is some required codec missing, or it is an incompatible video file format. Then, you can try to convert MOV files to other compatible formats such as MP4. Read the parts below to learn about how to import MOV to Adobe Premiere and edit MOV files on Adobe Premiere easily.
Watch Videos to Learn How to Play MOV Video Without Any Hassle
- Part 1. [Solution] Failed to Import MOV to Adobe Premiere (including CC/CS6/CS5/CS4)
- Part 2. Troubleshooting of Adding QuickTime MOV Files to Adobe Premiere
Part 1. [Solution] Failed to Import MOV to Adobe Premiere (including CC/CS6/CS5/CS4)
If you have checked-out or read other related articles, forums, or frequently asked questions’ sites, you might end up with the same conclusion that I have. The answer or solution is to convert your QuickTime MOV video files with the proper codec before playing it with Adobe Premiere. You can also try to save the QuickTime MOV files with any video converter alternative that you might have previously installed and see if it could import the MOV file to Adobe Premiere.
Some programs can deal with the conversion, and you should be able to watch those MOV files on Adobe Premiere. However, there are cases whereby after importing the MOV files, you might notice issues with the video playback. That's why I'm recommending you to try Wondershare UniConverter right now, just in case it comes in handy for you. If you don’t need to edit your videos, then there are practically three steps involved.
Convert MOV to Adobe Premiere supported formats easily and quickly.
Convert MOV to MP4 and other 1000 formats without quality loss.
Best YouTube to MP3 converter for Windows/Mac to convert YouTube to MP3 with 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, VR Converter, GIF Maker, Fixing Media Metadata, and more.
Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7.
Watch Video Tutorial to Convert MOV to Adobe Premiere Supported Formats
Step 1 Add MOV (QuickTime) files to convert for Adobe Premiere.
Select Video Converter in UniConverter. Click on the to add MOV files to convert to Adobe Premiere compatible formats for importing MOV files into Adobe Premiere.
Step 2 Select Adobe Premiere compatible format as output.
After importing the MOV video into UniConverter, you can choose the output format from the Output Format. Click the Video tab and select MP4 or other formats you need. You're allowed to change the video codec and more parameters from the Create button.
Other than converting MOV files to Adobe Premiere, you're allowed to edit the video directly with a real-time preview with Wondershare UniConverter. Move to How to Trim, Crop, Cut Videos >> to learn the step-by-step editing guide. You can also know the tips on how to export MOV from Premiere Pro >>
Step 3 Convert MOV to Adobe Premiere.
After all, changes have been saved, click on the Start All button to start the conversion. You can find the converted files from the Finished tab, and now you can import MOV failure files to Adobe Premiere CC/CS6/CS5/CS4 without any trouble.
Part 2. Troubleshooting of Adding QuickTime MOV Files to Adobe Premiere
When you can't add your MOV files to Adobe Premiere for editing, you can check what the problem is by yourself so that you can find the solution quickly and easily. Here are several tips for you.
1. Try another MOV file. If you can add other MOV files to Adobe Premiere smoothly, it means that your failure MOV file is damaged or missing some files. In that case, you need to convert it to other video formats supported by Adobe Premiere or change the codec. A video converter like Wondershare UniConverter can help do this.
2. Change video resolution. Adobe Premiere may not support some 4K or higher video resolution, so you can try to change the video resolution lower from 4K to 1080p and then import it again.
3. Rename the file extension from MOV to MP4 directly. It may damage your original files, so you should copy a backup firstly. But the video codec inside your MOV files can't be changed, so it may not work if Adobe Premiere does not support your video codec. So this is a risky method to try.
Last but not least, if you are interested in Wondershare UniConverter, you can free download the program and follow the steps above to convert and import MOV to Adobe Premiere.