- 1. Compress Video/Audio in Different Formats+
- 1.1 Compress MP4 on Winodws & Mac
- 1.2 Reduce Size of MP4
- 1.3 Resize MP4 Videos Online
- 1.4 Compress MP4 Online
- 1.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 1.6 Compress FLV
- 1.7 Compress MKV
- 1.8 Compress MOV
- 1.9 Compress MOV Online
- 1.10 Compress WMV
- 1.11 Comrpess M4V
- 1.12 Compress MPEG/3GP
- 1.13 Compress H264 File
- 1.14 Compress AVI File
- 1.15 Reduce Size of MKV
- 1.16 Top 5 WebM Compressors
- 1.17 Compress WAV Free Online
- 1.18 FLAC Compression Software
- 1.19 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 1.20 Compress M4A Files Free Online
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 2.1 Compress iPhone Video
- 2.2 Compress Camcorder Video
- 2.3 Compress GoPro Video
- 2.4 Compress QuickTime Video
- 2.5 Compress Fraps Video
- 2.6 Top 12 File Compressor for Android
- 2.7 MMS Video Size Limit for iPhone/Android
- 2.8 Shorten Videos on iPhone
- 2.9 10 Video Compressor App Android/iPhone
- 2.10 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 3.1 Resize Video in iMovie
- 3.2 Make VLC Resize Video
- 3.3 Make Windows Movie Maker Resize Video
- 3.4 Different Apps to Compress Video
- 3.5 Compress Videos with Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 3.6 Use FFmpeg to Resize Video
- 3.7 Apple Compressor 4 Alternative
- 3.8 Top 6 Clipchamp Alternatives
- 3.9 Top 7 Video Cutter and Compressor
- 3.10 HandBrake Video Compressor Alternative
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 4.1 Compress Video for Email
- 4.2 Compress Video for Web
- 4.3 Compress Video for YouTube
- 4.4 Compress Video for Vimeo
- 4.5 Compress Video for Facebook, Instagram
- 4.6 Twitter Video Compression
- 4.7 Resize Facebook Video Size
- 4.8 Resize Instagram Video Size
- 4.9 Compress YouTube Video Size
- 4.10 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.11 Send Large Files via Email
- 4.12 Compress Files for WhatsApp
- 4.13 Send Long Videos on WhatsApp
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 7 Video Compressors
- 5.4 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.5 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.6 Top 8 Audio Compressor Free Online
- 5.7 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.8 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.9 Compress A Video
- 5.10 Compressed Video Formats
- 5.11 Top 8 Compression Software 2019
- 5.12 Top 9 File Compressors
- 5.13 How to Make A File Smaller
- 5.14 How to Make Video Smaller
- 5.15 Lossless Compression
- 5.16 Top 10 Ways to Reduce Video Size
- 5.17 Compress Files & Folders
- 5.18 Compress Folder Online and Free
- 5.19 Top 6 Online Size Converters
- 5.20 Top 10 Ways to Send Large Videos
- 5.21 Top 5 Video Resizer
- 5.22 Top 6 File Size Reducer
- 5.23 Shorten a Video Online and Free
- 5.24 Change MP4/MP3 Bitrate
- 5.25 11 Ways to Compress Videos Free Online
How to Make Video Smaller Without Losing Any Quality
Are you confused about sharing 4K videos with friends in daily life? Large video files not only occupy a lot of storage space but are also difficult to send and share over social media sites, internet, and email. To make the handling of these videos easy, converting video to smaller size is the best solution. However, you may ask that is there an efficient way to compress videos for sharing and without losing quality? The answer is YES! Read the following parts and you'll learn how to make video smaller easily and quickly on your Windows and Mac, also online methods to reduce video size free.
- Part 1. How to Make Video Size Smaller Easily and Intuitively
- Part 2. Make Video Smaller Online and Free
- Part 3. Main Factors Related to Your Video Size
Part 1. How to Make Video Size Smaller Easily and Intuitively
You don't need to compromise on quality while reducing file size after learning the professional tool - Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). With an intuitive interface, fast speed, and wide range of format support, this excellent program facilitates reducing video size in lossless quality. Change in the bit rate, resolution, quality, and format helps to reduce the added video to the desired file size. Moreover, to be ensured about the output quality and the changes that will be done to the file, it provides the preview functions for checking. Download and install Wondershare UniConverter on your PC or Mac system and make your video size smaller in the best quality.
- Make video smaller by changing video resolution, bit rate, quality, format, and other parameters.
- Compress video size with 30X faster speed and no quality loss on Windows/Mac.
- Support 1000+ video formats for compression including MP4/MOV/AVI/WMV/MPEG and more.
- Real-time preview to check all changes you made to your video before compressing.
- Supports batch processing to compress and convert multiple videos at a time.
- Transfer compressed videos from PC/Mac to iPhone/Android devices via a USB cable.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 10000+ video sharing sites by pasting URL directly.
- Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, GIF Maker, Fix Media Metadata, Cast to TV, etc.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/2003/Vista/XP, Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps on how to make a video smaller using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Run Wondershare Video Smaller Tool and Select A Video
Download, install and open Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) software on your PC/Mac. From the Toolbox tab, click on the Video Compress option. A new pop-up window will open where you need to click on the + sign to browse and import a local video.
Step 2 Choose Compression Settings to Reduce Video Size
The added video with its format, resolution, time, and size will appear on the pop-up window. Next, to reduce the size of the video, manually choose and customize file parameter settings with respect to the bit rate, resolution, size, format, and quality. Alternatively, you can also move the progress bar right and left to select the percentage of the file compression that will automatically select the parameters accordingly.
Step 3 Preview and Make Video Size Smaller
To preview the quality of the reduced file size for 20 seconds, click on the Preview button. At Save file: tab, you can browse and choose the file location to save the reduced and process file. Finally, tap on the Compress button to make video size smaller.
If you are looking for solutions on how to make a video smaller to email, to send over social networks, and online sites, free download Wondershare UniConverter and follow the steps above simply.
Part 2. Make Video Smaller Online and Free
In situations when you need to reduce file size occasionally and does not want to install software, online tools work best. These programs are free to use and work from the browser window of your system. One such decent tool to make video file smaller is Online UniConverter (originally Media.io). The program works on Window and Mac and facilitates reducing video size to fit Facebook, Instagram, and others sites. The interface is simple and the process is quick. There is an option to choose the output file size in terms of percentage as compared to the original file. You can keep the resolution as the source file or can select from the given options. The processed file can be downloaded on PC/Mac or can be directly saved at Dropbox as needed.
Steps on how to make video smaller online with Online UniConverter:
Step 1 Open https://www.media.io/video-compressor.html on your browser. Click on the Drag & Drop or Hit to Add File sign to add video from the system. You can also drag and drop the file to the interface.
Step 2 After the video is added to the program, choose resolution, output size and output format as needed.
Step 3 Click on the COMPRESS button that will start uploading the file and will then reduce the size. After the process is complete you can download the file or save it to Dropbox.
Part 3. Main Factors Related to Your Video Size
The size of a video file depends on a number of parameters like resolution, bit rate, frame rate, quality, format, and others. Any changes and customization done to these factors result in the change of the video size. Thus, to make video size smaller, following factors needs to be considered.
1. Video Resolution:
Video resolution can be defined as the number of pixels that can be displayed in a defined dimension and it is quoted in terms of width X height. The resolution of a video file is directly proportional to its size as well as quality. Thus, higher the resolution, higher will be the size as well as the quality of a file. Thus, to reduce the size of your video file, reducing its resolution will work.
2. Bit Rate:
A bit rate is defined as the number of bits that are processed in a given period of time. The value of video bit rate determines the quality as well as the size of the file. Higher is the bit rate of the video, better will be its quality and also larger file size. To reduce the size of the video, reducing the bit rate helps. Too much reducing the bit rate value may hamper the quality of the videos, so take care while reducing the same.
3. Video Quality:
The quality of the video depends on its parameters like bit rate, resolution, size, and others. If you can compromise on the quality part to get a reduced file size, it helps. For a video in high quality, reducing it to a medium one will help without much affecting the overall experience.
4. Dimension( crop unwanted parts):
Another important factor affecting the video file size is its dimension. In case if you have a large sized video file with unwanted parts, cropping and trimming will help to reduce to size. Removing the unwanted parts of the video will reduce the size, make it easy to share and will enhance the overall experience as well.
To compress video to smaller size, you can consider the related factors and then choose the best program like Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) or online solution Online UniConverter (originally Media.io) to get the lossless quality files.