- 1. Compress Video/Audio in Different Formats+
- 1.1 Compress MP4 on Winodws & Mac
- 1.2 Reduce Size of MP4
- 1.3 Resize MP4 Videos Online
- 1.4 Compress MP4 Online
- 1.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 1.6 Compress FLV
- 1.7 Compress MKV
- 1.8 Compress MOV
- 1.9 Compress MOV Online
- 1.10 Compress WMV
- 1.11 Comrpess M4V
- 1.12 Compress MPEG/3GP
- 1.13 Compress H264 File
- 1.14 Compress AVI File
- 1.15 Reduce Size of MKV
- 1.16 Top 5 WebM Compressors
- 1.17 Compress WAV Free Online
- 1.18 FLAC Compression Software
- 1.19 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 1.20 Compress M4A Files Free Online
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 2.1 Compress iPhone Video
- 2.2 Compress Camcorder Video
- 2.3 Compress GoPro Video
- 2.4 Compress QuickTime Video
- 2.5 Compress Fraps Video
- 2.6 Top 12 File Compressor for Android
- 2.7 MMS Video Size Limit for iPhone/Android
- 2.8 Shorten Videos on iPhone
- 2.9 10 Video Compressor App Android/iPhone
- 2.10 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 3.1 Resize Video in iMovie
- 3.2 Make VLC Resize Video
- 3.3 Make Windows Movie Maker Resize Video
- 3.4 Different Apps to Compress Video
- 3.5 Compress Videos with Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 3.6 Use FFmpeg to Resize Video
- 3.7 Apple Compressor 4 Alternative
- 3.8 Top 6 Clipchamp Alternatives
- 3.9 Top 7 Video Cutter and Compressor
- 3.10 HandBrake Video Compressor Alternative
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 4.1 Compress Video for Email
- 4.2 Compress Video for Web
- 4.3 Compress Video for YouTube
- 4.4 Compress Video for Vimeo
- 4.5 Compress Video for Facebook, Instagram
- 4.6 Twitter Video Compression
- 4.7 Resize Facebook Video Size
- 4.8 Resize Instagram Video Size
- 4.9 Compress YouTube Video Size
- 4.10 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.11 Send Large Files via Email
- 4.12 Compress Files for WhatsApp
- 4.13 Send Long Videos on WhatsApp
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 7 Video Compressors
- 5.4 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.5 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.6 Top 8 Audio Compressor Free Online
- 5.7 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.8 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.9 Compress A Video
- 5.10 Compressed Video Formats
- 5.11 Top 8 Compression Software 2019
- 5.12 Top 9 File Compressors
- 5.13 How to Make A File Smaller
- 5.14 How to Make Video Smaller
- 5.15 Lossless Compression
- 5.16 Top 10 Ways to Reduce Video Size
- 5.17 Compress Files & Folders
- 5.18 Compress Folder Online and Free
- 5.19 Top 6 Online Size Converters
- 5.20 Top 10 Ways to Send Large Videos
- 5.21 Top 5 Video Resizer
- 5.22 Top 6 File Size Reducer
- 5.23 Shorten a Video Online and Free
- 5.24 Change MP4/MP3 Bitrate
- 5.25 11 Ways to Compress Videos Free Online
How to Send Long Videos on WhatsApp for Android/iPhone
WhatsApp is a popular communication software and one of the greatest sharing platforms for media files in our daily life. People use WhatsApp to send the files to their friends and family, no matter they are photos, audio files or videos. But we often meet the question that how to send large files through WhatsApp as its limitation on file size. Actually, it's easy to find some ways to explore the rules and regulation of WhatsApp for file sharing. In this article, we will learn how to compress file size and send with mobile phones.
- Part 1. WhatsApp Video Size Limit
- Part 2. 2 Alternative Solutions for Sending Large Videos on WhatsApp
- Part 3. Best Video Size Reducer for WhatsApp on iPhone/Android/Windows Phone
Part 1. WhatsApp Video Size Limit
Although WhatsApp has many features they still have some restrictions over media file sharing. So, it will be better if you understand the WhatsApp file size limit and its supported file formats.
1. WhatsApp Maximum Video Size
The maximum size of the video that you can share via WhatsApp is 16 MB. The WhatsApp video size limit is not that great but on most of the phone, this limit will usually make a video of 90 seconds to 3 minutes depending on the quality of the video. The same criterion is applied as all the media files including documents.
2. WhatsApp Supported Videos Formats
With the limitation on WhatsApp maximum video size, there is also a restriction over the format of the files. The various video formats that are supported by WhatsApp include MP4, MKV, AVI, 3GP, and MOV. The video and audio codec support also affects the video file support. You have to keep the H264 video codec and AAC audio codec to successfully share a video via WhatsApp.
Part 2. 2 Alternative Solutions for Sending Large Videos on WhatsApp
As the WhatsApp file size limit, you need some other alternatives to send the video with the same quality to your friends and family. if you don't know how to share the large video on WhatsApp, then here we are providing you two alternative methods that would help you to understand how to send video more than 16MB on WhatsApp.
1. Google Drive
The best method that you can use to share and send large videos of WhatsApp is using Google Drive. Nowadays most people keep Google Drive in their phone to keep a backup of the files stored in their devices. And you can take the advantages of the sharing feature of Google Drive. Steps on how to send big files with the alternative of Google Drive:
Step 1: Upload the files to Google Drive by clicking on the + icon on the home screen. Or you can directly share the file and save it to Google Drive.
Step 2: Once the file is uploaded on Google Drive, tap on the files and hold for some time and few options will appear on the screen. From those options, select the Copy Link option.
Step 3: Now launch WhatsApp and open the chat of the person with whom you want to share the video. In the text field, press and hold and paste the link of the video. The link will allow your contacts to see the video and download it if they want.
Another online service that can help you to share the large size Video is Dropbox. To use the Dropbox service, you will need a Dropbox account, so first, register yourself on Dropbox. Then install the Dropbox app in your phone. Here is the guide on how to send large video files through Dropbox:
Step 1: Launch Dropbox and click on the + icon to add the video on Dropbox items. Then tap on the three vertical dots right next to the file and click on the Share option.
Step 2: In the next screen, you will be able to create the download link of the file. Then copy the link and share it with the contact on WhatsApp.
Pros and Cons for Sending Long Videos via Cloud Solutions:
Due to the limitation on WhatsApp file size, users have to rely on other third-party tools that can act as video size reducer for all the devices. Although the Cloud solutions seem very useful, these online services have limitation over the usage. Here are some pros and cons of the online services.
- You will be able to send large files on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.
- The cloud storage good backup and recovery options for the data.
- They are reliable and efficient to some extent.
- Even the online cloud storage have file size limitation that can be shared on these platforms.
- They don't offer any editing or enhancement features for the media files.
- The file format convert option is also not available.
- Moreover, the files take a lot of time for upload and download.
Part 3. Best Video Size Reducer for WhatsApp on iPhone/Android/Windows Phone
If you don't know how to send a large video on WhatsApp iPhone/Android easily, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate will help you do this. This software is a complete utility kit for users, not only to reduce video size for sending with WhatsApp but also to convert formats for all devices. Whether you want to compress or convert, download or transfer, Wondershare Video Converter can perform all the functions. It's available on both Windows and Mac system so that you can achieve video and audio compression easily.
- Compress large videos to small size without losing any quality so that you can send with WhatsApp without limitation.
- Support 1,000+ video/audio formats to compress and convert such as MP4/MKV/AVI/MOV/MP3/WAV and more.
- Edit videos with features of cropping, trimming, rotating, adding watermarks, and others.
- Transfer videos from PC/Mac to iPhone/Android/Windows phone easily via a USB cable.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites by pasting URL.
- Supports batch processing to compress and convert multiple files at a time.
- Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, VR Converter, GIF Maker, Fix Media Metadata, Cast to TV, and more.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/2003/Vista/XP, Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps on How to Compress Video Size for WhatsApp Using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
Step 1 Add Videos to Compress for WhatsApp
Launch the software after installation, and the Convert tab will open up by default. Click on the Add Files option to import videos you want to compress and convert for WhatsApp. You can also use the Drag and Drop method to add files to the software.
Step 2 Choose Output Format for Added Video
You will see the Convert all files to: option on the right-top corner, click on it and a drop-down menu will appear. Choose Device option and select your phone from the given options. You can also choose video format you want directly by clicking Video tab.
Step 3 Customize Compression Settings to Reduce Video Size
Now click the Compress icon on the Target tab, and choose file size, video resolution and bitrate to compress your video. You can also have a 20s Preview of the video file before you finalize the action.
Step 4 Convert and Compress Video Size
Tap on the convert option in front of the file or the Convert All option at the bottom of the interface to finish the compression process.
Step 5 Transfer Compressed Videos to Phone for WhatsApp
Find your compressed videos in the Converted tab, and connect your phone to the computer via a USB cable. Moving your mouse upon the videos and you can see the Add to Transfer button, click it to start transferring videos to phone.
Now it is clear that how to compress and send large video files on WhatsApp. You can use any of the listed methods to share the files over the platform. As the cloud services dependent on network connection, we recommended Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate as the best tools to handle with sending large videos on WhatsApp. Free download to experience this all-in-one video tool.