- 1. Compress Video in Different Formats+
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 5.4 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 5.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 5.6 Top 7 Video Compressors
- 5.7 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.8 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.9 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.10 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.11 Compress A Video
Videos definitely grab more attention than text. If you run a website or a blog, using a header or a background video will definitely enhance its appeal. But on the flip side, if your video takes ages to load, it will lead to negative experience. Thus no matter how interesting or useful your video is, it should be optimised to a size which is quick to load and here comes the role of web video compression. Additionally, if you want to share some amazing videos with your friends and the rest of the world, you need to upload them to YouTube, Facebook, and other social sites. High quality, large size videos not only attack your data but tests your patience of uploading as well. Thus to smoothen the entire process the need to compress video for web arises. You know you need to optimise video but stuck on how to compress video for web? You are just on the perfect page as we bring the best ways of compressing video for the web.
- Part 1. Best Video Compression Software for the Web
- Part 2. Other Compressors to Compress Video for The Web
Among the decent list of the compressors, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate proves to be the best video compressor for the web, owing to its amazing features and functions. This professional tool allows downsizing videos by changing the format, editing video bitrate, resolution, and frame rate. Additionally, it also functions to optimize videos by cropping and trimming unwanted parts. The entire compression process using Wondershare software is 30 times faster, thanks to its latest APEXTRANS technology. To allow resize multiple files, batch processing is also supported. Other features that make this software as the best in its category include- support to more than 1000 formats, downloading videos from over 10,000 sites, transferring videos, burning DVD, and others. So no matter whether you want to compress mp4 for web, or have other video formats for downsizing, Video Converter Ultimate is there for you.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Steps to compress video using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate:
Step 1 Open Video Converter Ultimate and add video file.
Install and launch Video Converter Ultimate software on your PC. To add the video file(s) that you want to compress, you can drag and drop or click +Add Files and browse for the video on your PC.
Step 2 Select output format and change settings.
Working as WebM compressor, the software allows downsizing videos in a number of ways.
Method 1: Select Webm format
Click drop down icon beside Convert all files to: and select WebM format and resolution from the Video Tab.
For uploading videos to the specific site like YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo there are predefined formats that you can select.
Method 2: Change video settings
You can also change the video settings to make it perfect for the web. Click Edit icon next to file resolution or hit + Create Custom to open the Settings Window. From the pop-up window, select video resolution, bit rate, frame rate, and quality. Click Create to save the settings.
Method 3: Crop and trim video for web
The added videos can also be optimized by cropping or trimming the unwanted parts. For this, click crop and trim icon under the added video on the primary software interface.
Step 3 Start web video compression.
Once all settings are done, preview the before and after the size of the added video. Hit Convert All to start the process.
The compressed video can be managed from the Converted tab or tap the Output icon at the bottom of the main interface.
Looking for more tools to perform video compression for web? We have picked up 4 top-rated programs to make your search easy.
1. Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is powerful and popular software meant for Windows-based devices that perform a host of functions like adding transitions, effects, audio track, narration, compressing videos, and others. Using the program, you can compress the file that best suit for playing on different network and web use. Additionally the software allows organizing and selecting the video to be used in next movie. Movies can also be posted directly on Facebook, YouTube, and other sites. Windows Movie Maker is an apt choice if you are new to video editing and looking for an easy to use and manage program.
- The program is free to use.
- Allows web video compression with different options.
- Perfect for photo slideshows.
- Editing tools are limited as compared to other programs.
- Only limited to Windows devices.
- Frequent crashes is complained by a large number of people.
2. Adobe Media Encoder
Media Encoder by Adobe is another popular tool that helps to optimize video for web. Using the program videos can be resized so that they can be best played on the web. There are more than 150 presets that make compression easy and quick for specific devices and players. Frame rate, bit rate, and other file values can also be edited using the tool.
- Array of input and output formats are supported.
- Preset for more than 150 devices.
- Offers flexibility and good speed.
- Multiple output modules can’t be set for an item.
iMovie is a popular video editing tool that is available for Mac and iOS devices. Sold by Apple Inc, this wonderful software allows compressing video files in an efficient manner. Working as a complete video tool, the program allows performing an array of other functions. Some of the prominent ones include creating high-quality movies from clips, adding special effects, high-fidelity filters, built-in music, and others. When it comes to downsizing videos, iMovie can do that perfectly with almost half size of the original one.
- Fast and dependable software.
- User-friendly interface.
- Allows adding background music and visual effect.
- Available only for Mac and iOS devices.
- Does not support too many file formats.
ClipChamp is the most widely used online tool that helps to compress video for the website. This free program supports a wide range of input formats and has no restrictions on the size of the file that you can uploaded on the site. You can either select from default settings at the program or can also adjust the settings as per your requirements to optimize file size. The compressed videos can also be uploaded straight to the YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and Google Drive. Additional features of this file compression website include batch processing, multiple inputs and output resolution, and others.
- Is quick and easy to use.
- Facilitates batch processing.
- Free to use online tool.
- Limited formats as compared to other tools and desktop software.
- Dependent on network connection.
Have huge files for compressing? Sit back, and relax as all your web video compression needs will be taken care by Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. The super fast speed of the program makes sure that you can optimise video for web within no time.