- 1. Compress Video/Audio in Different Formats+
- 1.1 Compress MP4 on Winodws & Mac
- 1.2 Reduce Size of MP4
- 1.3 Resize MP4 Videos Online
- 1.4 Compress MP4 Online
- 1.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 1.6 Compress FLV
- 1.7 Compress MKV
- 1.8 Compress MOV
- 1.9 Compress MOV Online
- 1.10 Compress WMV
- 1.11 Comrpess M4V
- 1.12 Compress MPEG/3GP
- 1.13 Compress H264 File
- 1.14 Compress AVI File
- 1.15 Reduce Size of MKV
- 1.16 Top 5 WebM Compressors
- 1.17 Compress WAV Free Online
- 1.18 FLAC Compression Software
- 1.19 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 1.20 Compress M4A Files Free Online
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 2.1 Compress iPhone Video
- 2.2 Compress Camcorder Video
- 2.3 Compress GoPro Video
- 2.4 Compress QuickTime Video
- 2.5 Compress Fraps Video
- 2.6 Top 12 File Compressor for Android
- 2.7 MMS Video Size Limit for iPhone/Android
- 2.8 Shorten Videos on iPhone
- 2.9 10 Video Compressor App Android/iPhone
- 2.10 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 3.1 Resize Video in iMovie
- 3.2 Make VLC Resize Video
- 3.3 Make Windows Movie Maker Resize Video
- 3.4 Different Apps to Compress Video
- 3.5 Compress Videos with Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 3.6 Use FFmpeg to Resize Video
- 3.7 Apple Compressor 4 Alternative
- 3.8 Top 6 Clipchamp Alternatives
- 3.9 Top 7 Video Cutter and Compressor
- 3.10 HandBrake Video Compressor Alternative
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 4.1 Compress Video for Email
- 4.2 Compress Video for Web
- 4.3 Compress Video for YouTube
- 4.4 Compress Video for Vimeo
- 4.5 Compress Video for Facebook, Instagram
- 4.6 Twitter Video Compression
- 4.7 Resize Facebook Video Size
- 4.8 Resize Instagram Video Size
- 4.9 Compress YouTube Video Size
- 4.10 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.11 Send Large Files via Email
- 4.12 Compress Files for WhatsApp
- 4.13 Send Long Videos on WhatsApp
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 7 Video Compressors
- 5.4 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.5 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.6 Top 8 Audio Compressor Free Online
- 5.7 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.8 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.9 Compress A Video
- 5.10 Compressed Video Formats
- 5.11 Top 8 Compression Software 2019
- 5.12 Top 9 File Compressors
- 5.13 How to Make A File Smaller
- 5.14 How to Make Video Smaller
- 5.15 Lossless Compression
- 5.16 Top 10 Ways to Reduce Video Size
- 5.17 Compress Files & Folders
- 5.18 Compress Folder Online and Free
- 5.19 Top 6 Online Size Converters
- 5.20 Top 10 Ways to Send Large Videos
- 5.21 Top 5 Video Resizer
- 5.22 Top 6 File Size Reducer
- 5.23 Shorten a Video Online and Free
- 5.24 Change MP4/MP3 Bitrate
- 5.25 11 Ways to Compress Videos Free Online
Top 7 Best and Free Audio Compressors to Compress Audio Files Easily
Audio compression is the need for time. No matter whether you are a professional DJ, musician, or a music freak, storage space will always be an issue. Audio compressor here plays an important role to downsize the files so that they can find a resting place on your PC or devices. Audio compressor software is also needed when your music file format is not supported by the portable player or other devices. Moreover, you have to compress audio files when you want to transfer MP3 files or upload them to social networking or other sites. This article explains different compressor types with their features, including online audio compressors, free and best audio compression tools for Windows/Mac.
- Part 1. Best Audio Compressor- Wondershare UniConverter
- Part 2. Top 3 Free Audio Compressors
- Part 3. Other Desktop Software for Compressing Audio Files
- Part 4. Comparison Among These 7 Audio Compressors
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) as the name suggests is an excellent video converter tool that also works as a perfect audio compressor. With the long list of features offered by the software, it becomes one of the best in its category. The program supports an array of audio formats that can be edited with respect to their formats as well as parameters depending upon your requirements. To save time, batch processing is also facilitated by the software. Wondershare UniConverter allows resizing local as well as online audio files. With the APEXTRANS technology of the program, the compression speed is 30 times faster. Additionally, the software also works as a great video converter, downloader, and an editor.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Compress any audio in any format, like MP3, WAV, WMA, M4A, M4B, etc.
- Reduce audio file size by changing encoder, bit rate, sample rate, and channel.
- Convert audio to any other video/audio format easily and quickly.
- Compress audio files to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster compression speed than other common compressors.
- Burn music to CD with super fast speed and full-quality output.
- Download videos to MP3 from YouTube and other 10000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, DVD burner and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps to compress audio files using UniConverter:
Method 1: Compress audio files from the local computer of devices
Step 1 Install UniConverter and add audio file.
Download, install and open Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) software on your PC. Click on the +Add Files button to add the local audio file from your PC. Files from devices can be added by clicking the drop-down icon next to the +Add Files > Add from Device option.
Step 2 Select output format, quality, and open Settings windows.
Click on the drop-down icon beside the Convert all files to: option, then select audio format and quality from the Audio tab.
To open the Settings window, click the edit icon beside resolution. Alternatively, you can also click +Create Custom to open it.
Step 3 Edit audio Settings and compress audio file.
From the pop-up window, select audio settings related to the channel, sample rate, and bitrate. Click on the Create button to save the settings.
Audio files can also be optimized through trimming as well by clicking on the trim icon.
On the primary software interface, file size can be previewed. Finally, click on the Convert All button to start the compression process.
After successfully resizing the audio file, you can manage it from the Converted tab or click the Output icon at the bottom of the main interface to reach the folder which saves the compressed file.
Method 2: Compress online videos files to MP3
Wondershare audio compressor also allows downloading online videos and then converts the file to MP3. Go through the following steps to compress YouTube MP3.
Step 1 Copy YouTube video URL.
Open the desired YouTube video on your PC browser and copy its URL.
Step 2 Launch UniConverter and select audio settings.
Open Wondershare compressor on your PC. Click on the Download tab on the primary software interface. On the right-hand side, move the slider next to the Download then Convert Mode to make it active.
From the drop-down list, select the Audio > MP3 as the desired output format, and quality. Click the Edit icon to make further changes to the audio file. Click the Create to save the changes.
Step 3 Paste the copied URL.
Click the drop-down icon next to the +Paste URL button and then select the Download MP3 option.
The copied YouTube URL will be automatically pasted and the download process will start as per the selected format and quality.
The program quickly convert file to mp3, and it can be managed from the Finished tab.
There are a number of free tools available that facilitates audio compression. These freeware programs are simple to use and perfect for users who have limited files to be resized. Majority of these tools support all popular audio formats and take care of your basic compression needs. Know the roundup of the top free audio compressors:
File ZigZag is popularly known for its extensive features. As a freeware, it is better than any other and works on a variety of file formats. However, this software is not only an online audio compressor and can perform multiple tasks like archive conversion, video conversion, images conversion, and others. Once resized, the download link for the compressed file is sent through the mail. Maximum 180MB of a file can be uploaded at a time.
- Support multiple audio formats.
- Allows compressing as well converting files.
- Slow as compared to other tools in its category.
- Don't support batch processing.
Steps to compress audio with File ZigZag:
Step 1: Open http://www.filezigzag.com/ on your PC.
Step 2: Click "Select”, browse and add audio file on your PC that you want to compress.
Step 3: Select output format that will reduce the file size.
Step 4: Enter email address where you want to get the compressed files.
Step 5: Finally, click Convert to start the process.
2. Monkey’s Audio
Monkey’s Audio is a powerful tool that allows compressing digital music without compromising on quality. The program is supported by popular rippers and players including names like Foobar, Winamp, Media Center, and others. In order to ensure proper data decompression, the tool features redundant CRC’s. The audio collection can also be managed using the program as it features its own flexible APE tags.
- Allows lossless audio compression.
- Support tagging music files.
- Support an array of media players.
- License and platform support is restricted.
- The compression method is CPU intensive.
Steps to compress audio files using Monkey’s audio:
Step 1: Download, and install Monkey’s Audio program on your Windows PC.
Step 2: Click on ‘Add files’ and add the audio files that you want to compress.
Step 3: Click on ‘Compress’ button and select the type of compression to start the compression process.
3. Freemake Audio Converter
This is another popular freeware that allows downsizing audio files by specifying codecs and channels, editing sample rate, and frame rate. More than 50 audio formats are supported by the program and it also allows extracting audio from the video files. The tool also has predefined formats for PC, MP3 players, mobile phones, tablet, and other devices. Additionally, the tool also facilitates uploading music to cloud storage and iTunes.
- Support multiple audio formats.
- Support batch processing.
- Facilitates joining audio files.
- Only support audio files that are less than 3 minutes.
- Works as all-in one file compression and backup suite.
- Support data encryption, backup, and cloud support.
Steps to compress audio files using Freemake Audio converter:
Step 1: Download and install Freemake Audio Converter on your PC.
Step 2: Click “+Audio” to add the audio files that you want to compress.
Step 3: Select output format and edit the settings that will lead to file size reduction.
Step 4: Click Convert to start the process.
Freewares are always attractive and interesting but cannot match the features and professionalism of the paid software. So if you are in search for the best option to compress your audio files or work as mp3 compressor, desktop software is the answer. The paid software has multiple benefits over the free ones. First of, all they are complete programs that have an array of features to take complete care of your audio files. These paid software’s have no file or size limitation and are not dependent on internet connection. The paid desktop software almost all the popular formats and allows processing multiple files at a time. Know some of the popular and best desktop software in the following part.
1. AShampoo Zip Pro
AShampoo Zip Pro is highly recommended software which is loaded with exclusive features of compression, sharing, extraction and encryption. It can not only convert audio to mp3 but also has the capability to convert in other formats. Apart from this, the software also comes with backup support and integrated file explorer. The software also features options for advanced compression file types.
2. WinSoft Magic Audio Compressor
The software works as a complete audio compressing tool that allows resizing digital audio files so that they are fit for storing and sharing. Additionally, the software also allows converting audio files to a number of formats including MP3, OGG, AAC, WMA, and others. The software also supports converting videos to audio files and compress mp3, so that they can be played on different portable devices. Batch processing is supported by the program. Using the software, you can see how much file size is reduced in real time.
- Supports an array of audio formats.
- Allows converting videos files to audio files.
- Facilitates batch processing of files.
- Some text part on interface is difficult to read.
3. WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory
This desktop software works as a decent audio compressor and a music compressor that allows downsizing different audio formats at a fast speed. Multiple files can be processed at a time with its batch processing facility. Additionally, the software works as an impressive video converter with support for all popular formats. The program allows performing a host of audio related features like cutting audio, adding subtitles, combining audio files, extracting audio from video files, and others.
- Support all major audio formats.
- Facilitates additional features like cutting audio, extracting audio from videos, and combining audio files.
- Support batch processing.
- Need download and installation of the software.
The Comparison table of all the above-listed software, program, and tools is listed below to help you make an informed choice.
|Software/Features||Wondershare Audio Compressor||File ZigZag||Monkey's Audio||Freemake Audio Converter||AShampoo Zip Pro||WinSoft Magic Audio Compressor||WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory|
|Free/Paid||Paid software with free trial version||Free||Free||Free||Paid||Paid||Paid with free trial version|
|Supported formats||More than 1000 popular formats||All popular formats||Popular audio formats||Support more than 50 audio formats||Popular formats||All popular formats||All popular formats|
|Convert audio and video to other formats||Yes||Yes||No||Convert audio formats||No||Yes||Yes|
|Conversion speed||Very fast||Decent||Decent||Decent||Good||Good||Fast|
|Transfer media files to other devices||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|Video Editing features like cropping, trimming, adding watermarks and affects||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|Video and audio download||Supports downloading from more than 10,000 sites||No||No||No||No||No||Allows only YouTube download|
|Burn and Edit DVD||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No|
So no more worries if you want a great music compressor or an MP3 resizer. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will take care of all your compression as well as conversion needs.