- 1. Compress Video/Audio in Different Formats+
- 1.1 Compress MP4 on Winodws & Mac
- 1.2 Reduce Size of MP4
- 1.3 Resize MP4 Videos Online
- 1.4 Compress MP4 Online
- 1.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 1.6 Compress FLV
- 1.7 Compress MKV
- 1.8 Compress MOV
- 1.9 Compress MOV Online
- 1.10 Compress WMV
- 1.11 Comrpess M4V
- 1.12 Compress MPEG/3GP
- 1.13 Compress H264 File
- 1.14 Compress AVI File
- 1.15 Reduce Size of MKV
- 1.16 Top 5 WebM Compressors
- 1.17 Compress WAV Free Online
- 1.18 FLAC Compression Software
- 1.19 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 1.20 Compress M4A Files Free Online
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 2.1 Compress iPhone Video
- 2.2 Compress Camcorder Video
- 2.3 Compress GoPro Video
- 2.4 Compress QuickTime Video
- 2.5 Compress Fraps Video
- 2.6 Top 12 File Compressor for Android
- 2.7 MMS Video Size Limit for iPhone/Android
- 2.8 Shorten Videos on iPhone
- 2.9 10 Video Compressor App Android/iPhone
- 2.10 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 3.1 Resize Video in iMovie
- 3.2 Make VLC Resize Video
- 3.3 Make Windows Movie Maker Resize Video
- 3.4 Different Apps to Compress Video
- 3.5 Compress Videos with Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 3.6 Use FFmpeg to Resize Video
- 3.7 Apple Compressor 4 Alternative
- 3.8 Top 6 Clipchamp Alternatives
- 3.9 Top 7 Video Cutter and Compressor
- 3.10 HandBrake Video Compressor Alternative
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 4.1 Compress Video for Email
- 4.2 Compress Video for Web
- 4.3 Compress Video for YouTube
- 4.4 Compress Video for Vimeo
- 4.5 Compress Video for Facebook, Instagram
- 4.6 Twitter Video Compression
- 4.7 Resize Facebook Video Size
- 4.8 Resize Instagram Video Size
- 4.9 Compress YouTube Video Size
- 4.10 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.11 Send Large Files via Email
- 4.12 Compress Files for WhatsApp
- 4.13 Send Long Videos on WhatsApp
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 7 Video Compressors
- 5.4 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.5 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.6 Top 8 Audio Compressor Free Online
- 5.7 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.8 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.9 Compress A Video
- 5.10 Compressed Video Formats
- 5.11 Top 8 Compression Software 2019
- 5.12 Top 9 File Compressors
- 5.13 How to Make A File Smaller
- 5.14 How to Make Video Smaller
- 5.15 Lossless Compression
- 5.16 Top 10 Ways to Reduce Video Size
- 5.17 Compress Files & Folders
- 5.18 Compress Folder Online and Free
- 5.19 Top 6 Online Size Converters
- 5.20 Top 10 Ways to Send Large Videos
- 5.21 Top 5 Video Resizer
- 5.22 Top 6 File Size Reducer
- 5.23 Shorten a Video Online and Free
- 5.24 Change MP4/MP3 Bitrate
- 5.25 11 Ways to Compress Videos Free Online
Large videos always take too much time to upload as well as download. So it's a good idea to compress the videos first and then upload them or send them to others. Here we picked the top 5 free video compression software that will help you to compress your videos up to the maximum without decreasing its quality, also the best alternative to free video compressors.
- Part 1. Best Alternative to Free Video Compressor to Compress MP4/MOV/AVI/MKV Videos
- Part 2. Top 5 Free Video Compressor You Can't Miss
Part 1. Best Alternative to Free Video Compressor to Compress MP4/MOV/AVI/MKV Videos
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the best video compressor we recommended. It supports 1000+ video and audio formats such as MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, WMV for compression and conversion. You can reduce video size by changing video resolution, bit rate, file size and other parameters easily and quickly. You can preview the compressed video for 20 seconds to check its quality. Trim, crop, or cut videos are also supported by this free video compressors alternative.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Compress videos with different solutions, like adjusting video parameters, converting video format, and trimming videos.
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, crop, trim, cut and make other changes on your video.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from 10000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, CD/DVD burner and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps to Compress Video Size Easily and Quickly
Step 1 Open Best Video Compressor
Download and install Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) on your PC/Mac, then open it and choose the Toolbox section. You'll see many functions listed here and choose the Video Compress option to continue.
Step 2 Select a Video to Add
Then you'll get a new window with a + sign, click it to choose a video from your computer. The added video information will be displayed on the top of the interface.
Step 3 Adjust Video Compression Settings
Change video parameters such as video resolution, bit rate, video format, or customize file size as you like. You're allowed to check the compressed video for 20 seconds by clicking on the Preview button.
Step 4 Compress Video without Losing Quality
Finally, click on the Compress button to start compressing your video size. The process will be finished soon and you can download the compressed video without any quality loss.
Part 2. Top 5 Free Video Compressor You Can't Miss
- 1. Microsoft Expression Encoder
- 2. 3D-DCT Video Compression Software
- 3. Windows Movie Maker
- 4. Freemake Video Converter
- 5. STOIK Video Converter
Microsoft Expression Encoder is the upgraded version of Windows Media Coder. It comes with different options to compress your video file size. It even provides an A/B Compare button for you to test the compression parameters to achieve a balance between the video quality and the video file size. There are also different view methods quickly showing the difference between compressed and uncompressed video quality.
3D-DCT Video Compression Software uses an ingenious and innovative technology- 3D-DCT technique. The reduction in the size allows smooth streamlining of the files under low bandwidth conditions. It also has a simple and straight-forward interface, which allows you to compress your videos on the basis of quality while maintaining the best achievable quality, based on your selection.
Although Windows Movie Maker is not a professional video editing software, it has done a great job in simplifying the process of compressing video file for web and make it easy for almost everyone to use.
Freemake Video Converter is a powerful video conversion tool being used widely for converting videos to different formats. It can import the majority of video, audio, and image formats, and outputs to AVI, MP4, WMV, Matroska, FLV, SWF, 3GP, DVD, Blu-ray, MPEG, and MP3. The program also prepares videos supported by various multimedia devices, such as Apple devices and various mobile devices. You can just choose the format you want to compress.
The STOIK Video Converter has in two versions - free and pro. The free version just allows the basic video compression. If you want to get editing features and video filters to go with the video compression software, then you should upgrade to the Pro version.
If you want to compress videos for further editing or burning to DVD, the Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) gives you a one-stop solution. It supports all popular video formats and allows you to compress videos to a DVD5 or DVD9 disc. The options and settings available to the user are varied and there are editing features as well. Now try this powerful video compression software out and you'll find the very good reason why this one has "Ultimate" on its name.