- 1. Compress Video in Different Formats+
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 5.4 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 5.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 5.6 Top 7 Video Compressors
- 5.7 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.8 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.9 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.10 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.11 Compress A Video
Large videos always take too much time to upload as well as download. So it's a good idea to compress the videos first and then upload them or send them to others. Here I pick top 5 free video compression Software Tools that will help you to compress your videos up to maximum without decreasing its quality.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Compress videos with different solutions, like adjusting video parameters, converting video format, and trimming videos.
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
- 1. Microsoft Expression Encoder
- 2. 3D-DCT Video Compression Software
- 3. Windows Movie Maker
- 4. Freemake Video Converter
- 5. STOIK Video Converter
Microsoft Expression Encoder is the upgraded version of Windows Media Coder. It comes with different options to compress your video file size. It even provides an A/B Compare button for you to test the compression parameters to achieve a balance between the video quality and the video file size. There are also different view methods quickly showing the difference between compressed and uncompressed video quality.
3D-DCT Video Compression Software uses an ingenious and innovative technology- 3D-DCT technique. The reduction in the size allows smooth streamlining of the files under low bandwidth conditions. It also has a simple and straight-forward interface, which allows you to compress your videos on the basis of quality while maintaining the best achievable quality, based on your selection.
Although Windows Movie Maker is not a professional video editor software, it has done a great job in simplifying the process of compressing video file for web and make it easy for almost everyone to use.
Freemake Video Converter is a powerful video conversion tool being used widely for converting videos to different formats. It can import the majority of video, audio, and image formats, and outputs to AVI, MP4, WMV, Matroska, FLV, SWF, 3GP, DVD, Blu-ray, MPEG, and MP3. The program also prepares videos supported by various multimedia devices, such as Apple devices and various mobile devices. You can just choose the format you want to compress.
The STOIK Video Converter has in two versions - free and pro. The free version just allows the basic video compression. If you want to get editing features and video filters to go with the video compression software,then you should upgrade to the Pro version.
If you want to compress videos for further editing or burning to DVD, the Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate gives you a one-stop solution. It supports all popular video formats and allows you to compress videos to a DVD5 or DVD9 disc. The options and settings available to the user are varied and there are editing features as well. Now try this powerful video compression software out and you'll find the very good reason why this one has "Ultimate" on its name.