Metadata and Tag
- 1. Edit Video Metadata+
- 2. Edit Music Tag +
- 3. Edit Video Tag +
- 4. Other Metadata Tips+
Top 10 Best Video Tag Editors to Edit Video Metadata
Some people like to watch videos over the Internet, and some people download and watch them offline. When you watch any video online, then usually you can get all information about video on the respective website. But while watching offline, this is slightly hard because most of the time, videos don’t have accurate information about the songs. A video tag editor program can help you to overcome this problem by adding the tags for your videos. There are several programs available that can search video information just by entering the few lines of video lyrics. In this article, we are going to share information about these video file tag editors.
- Part 1. How to Edit Metadata in a Video with the Best Video Tag Editor?
- Part 2. Top 4 Best Video Tag Editors for Windows
- Part 3. 5 Best Video Tag Editors for Mac
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is one of the best video tag editor software for Mac and Windows computers. This video file tag editor software can add more than ten types of video tags with just a few clicks of your mouse. This program is a Mac and Windows-based software so you can use it on both operating systems. This is not just a video tag editor but also helps you to download and record videos, convert, transfer, burn videos to the DVD. There is a video editing option also offered for the users, which helps you to personalize your video and make it more beautiful.
Your Complete Video and Audio Toolbox
- Edit video tag metadata, including song title, artist name, album name, album cover image, track number and other information
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, such as MP4, AVI, WMV, MP3, etc.
- Versatile toolbox combines GIF maker, VR converter and screen recorder
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Watch Video Tutorial to Edit Video Tag on Windows, Similar Steps on Mac
How to Edit Metatags of video with Wondershare UniConverter?
Step 1 Install the Best Video Tag Editor on Your Computer
Download, install and launch Wondershare UniConverter on the Mac or Windows computer. After running, click Toolbox and then hit Fix Media Metadata thumbnail.
Step 2 Add Files to Edit Meta Tag
In the newly opened popup window, click three dots that are there in next to Choose file option. Now select the video or audio file for which you want to edit Meta tags. Here you can choose the type of media file from the Movies, TV Shows, and Home Video.
Step 3 Edit Video Tag Easily
Under the type of video, there are several other Meta tags offered by the program. So, you can add Release date, Definition, Rating, Actors, Description, Episode Name, Tagline, and Comment for the videos.
Step 4 Save Updated Tag Information
If you need to add an artist image, then click on the image edit option and then select the image from your local hard drive. After doing all necessary changes to the Meta information, click on the Save button, and then the video will be saved with new meta information on your system. This is the way about how to edit video Meta tags with the tag editor windows 10.
VSDC free video editor software is powerful tag editor windows 10 software, which is fully compatible with all versions of Windows computer. This software comes with the video editing and video tag editor option. VSDC program supports mostly all popular audio-video formats files for editing, and it also enables you to edit the HD, DVD, and GoPro videos. This software can be used for both personal and professional use. The software is good, but it comes with so many limitations in the free version.
Any Audio Converter software is a program that comes for the Mac and Windows users. This software is capable of editing the audio, video files as well as adding Meta information of the video and audio. This is a paid program, so you can try the trial version of the software first to test the feature and then pay asked fee to use it regularly. The software comes with a simple and easy-to-use interface, and you can also convert the audio-video format to any other format of your choice.
MP4 Video & Audio tag editor software is another tag editor windows 10 program which allows you to update tags for the video and audio files. It works with mostly all common format audio and video files for editing the tags. Using this program, you can manage the music arts, edit the video and audio files, etc. It also helps you to get the tags and post from the movie videos with just a few clicks of your mouse.
ABCAVI software is another tag editor for windows 10 computers. It allows you to update the Meta tags for your video and audio files. There is one issue that you can only update the AVI format video file tags using this software. For the metadata information, it supports updating genre, second genre, product, copyright, director, title, comments, keywords, creation time, subjects, movie credits, banner image URL, and many more other types of Meta information.
MetaDoctor app is an MP4 tag editor Mac application that enables you to update unlimited metadata information about the video and audio files. This program supports mainly 3 video formats for editing tags. This app mainly works with the iTunes and iMovie programs. It helps you to update mostly all kinds of Meta information of audio and video.
- It supports working with iTunes.
- The app can scan videos for chapters.
- The app is paid and very costly.
- The app supports very few file formats.
Video Editor 2 MP4 tag editor Mac program is also developed to get the work done about editing metadata information of audio and video. This program is available for the Mac and windows both operating system computers. It supports mainly all audio and video formats for editing the video or audio and Meta information.
- The app can do video editing as well, including tags editing.
- You can split videos according to their size.
- It allows you to apply transitional effects on the videos.
- It supports editing the video, audio, and Meta information.
- Supports converting the file format from one format to another.
- The price of software is not competitive.
- Unable to process videos in high quality.
3. MP4 Auto Tag
MP4 Autotag MP4 tag editor Mac program is another option that enables you to edit Meta information of the audio and video files quickly. This software is available free of cost, but you can’t download it from the iTunes app store, so you can only download it from the other third party sites. The program is capable of editing mainly all kinds of video file formats.
- It supports mainly all audio and video formats.
- Automatically search for the tags and add them to the video.
- It allows you to edit different types of tags.
- The program is capable of producing metadata for all kinds of video files.
- The software is free of cost available.
- The software is not available in the iTunes app store.
- You need to add it as an exception during installation on the mac.
TagSpaces is a very popular and powerful tag editor application for Mac computers. This app can add any type of tags to the video and audio files. The great part of this app is that this is available for totally free of cost and open software as well. You can use this app for any purpose, even if you are running an organization without worrying about copyright issues. There is a pro version also offered by the website, which is useful for advanced users.
- It allows you to organize tags of audio and video files.
- Cross-platform program is available for the Mac, Linux, Windows, and Android devices.
- It supports applying special effects to every tag as well.
- The software is free and open-source.
- It enables you to apply special effects on the tags.
- There is no official support available.
- The interface is slightly hard for non-technical users.
Jaikoz is a very powerful solution for Mac users to add the Meta information of audio and video files. It is fully compatible with mostly all versions of Mac computers. This program can edit and organize thousands of music files Metadata together in batch instead of adding one by one. This software uses an online database from the MusicBrainz, Discogs, Acoustic websites to get the information related to songs.
- It uses millions of songs database to get the right information about music files.
- It supports audio and video both types of files.
- Supports audio and video files.
- Choose the right information from over 4 million songs using an online database.
- A free trial of the software is available.
- Top 4 Best Video Tag Editors for Windows The interface is not easy.
- The price of the software is not much competitive.
We hope we have covered all popular video tag editor programs and apps in this article. These Mac and Windows programs are really good if you need to find accurate information about the multimedia files. Well, if you think about getting the right program, then the first and most important thing is the features and stability of the program. Here, as per our recommendation, we would like you to give a try to Wondershare UniConverter. The reason is that it comes with a complete multimedia solution toolkit at a very nominal price.