Metadata and Tag
- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Edit Video Metadata+
- 2. Edit Music Tag +
- 3. Edit Video Tag +
- 4. Other Metadata Tips+
Tag Editor Free: Best Tag Editor for Mac
Audio files without the right tagging information are useless because without the correct tagging information, and this is really very hard to know what the song is about. Metadata for the audio and video is the information that helps users to understand what video is about even without playing it. Users who like to listen to music really care a lot about the Meta information of songs because it helps them to manage the music library in the right way. There are tag editor free and paid programs that can help you to add id3 information to the songs.
- Part 1. What is Tag Editor Free?
- Part 2. How to use Tag Editor Free?
- Part 3. The best alternative to Tag Editor Free
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Fix media metadata, including song title, artist name, album name, album cover image, track number and other information
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, such as MP4, AVI, WMV, MP3, etc.
- Versatile toolbox combines GIF maker, VR converter and screen recorder
- 90X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Part 1. What is Tag Editor Free?
Tag Editor Free is id3 editor free software which is developed for the Mac operating system computers to edit the tags for the music and videos. This software can work with all versions of the Mac operating system computer, which are running on the OSX 10.7 or later versions. You can use this software to organize music libraries very easily. The Mac software comes with several other features that we are going to list below here.
- It enables you to load tags of multimedia files according to folder and file names.
- You can replace the tags of multimedia files with a new one.
- Supports edit copy and paste tags as well.
- It cleans the useless space, wrong encoding and character between the tags.
- Able to rename the files automatically.
Compatible Operating System:
Mac OS X 10.7 or later version and Running on 64 Bit architecture.
- Able to edit audio and video tags.
- Automatically find and add tags to the batch files.
- The software is actually not free. It is a paid software.
- No windows version is there.
Part 2. How to use Tag Editor Free?
Step 1 Firstly, run the software on your Mac computer after installation and click on the + button. Now select the music files for which you want to update tags using id3 editor free. Now all files will be added to the software interface.
Step 2 Now click on Edit > Load Tags> Advanced from the application menu of the program.
Step 3 On the next screen, tick all or required boxes and then hit the Continue button.
Step 4 Now, the tag editor free will load new tags for the songs you have selected. The changed id3 information will be marked in gray color. You can click on the tags which you want to add to your song or simply revert the changes to get rid of inaccurate information.
Part 3. The best alternative to Tag Editor Free
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the best id3 editor free software and best alternative to the tag editor free program. Tag editor free is just available for the windows computers only, whereas Wondershare UniConverter is offered for the Mac and windows both types of operating system computers. Another thing is that you can only use tag editor free software for tag editing, whereas Wondershare UniConverter can be used for download, record, convert, transfer and burn the audio and video files. The downloading feature of the program enables you to grab video and audio from 10000 websites with just one click. Convert option allows you to convert the audio and video from any format to any other format of your choice because it supports over 1000 multimedia files formats. The best part is that it is easiest to use, which is the first and very important thing for any software. You can try the program for free using the trial version of the free MP4 Metadata Editor.
How to Edit Metadata of audio and video with Wondershare UniConverter?
Step 1 Download, install and start the Wondershare UniConverter on your Mac computer. After starting the software by default, you will be in the video converter tab. From there, look at the main navigation and click on the Toolbox button.
Step 2 Now, click the three dots, which is marked in the red color in the screenshot below, and select the video or audio which doesn’t have metadata information. Now you can enter the Meta information of the songs manually or automatically. If you need to enter Meta using the Internet, then click the Search button, and the program will look Meta from the Internet and add it to the file.
Step 3 Next, if you want to update it manually, then you can manually enter Episode Name, Actors, Comment, Description, Screenwriters, Tagline, Directors, Release Date, Rating of multimedia files, etc.
Step 4 To update the album artworks, click on the blank image option and select the picture from the system. Once you have entered all the necessary tags, simply hit the Save button, and the file will be saved with the new Meta information.
This is all about the tag editor free program and the best alternative to the tag editor free. Using the above both options, you can easily update the Meta of audio or video. But if we talk about the features and ease of use, then Wondershare UniConverter is the best free MP4 Metadata Editor program. Another thing is that it is compatible with Mac and Windows computers.