Metadata and Tag
- 1. Edit Video Metadata+
- 2. Edit Music Tag +
- 3. Edit Video Tag +
- 4. Other Metadata Tips+
Top 6 Free FLAC Tag Editor Recommended in 2019
Do you have a large music library with the FLAC format audio files? Are you looking for a software to manage your music library with the right metadata information? We have got covered you.
If you have a large music library and there is no proper Meta information available for your songs, you may need to find the best FLAC tag editor software. Using the right FLAC editor software, you can easily manage metadata of the FLAC audio files just by doing few clicks. There are several FLAC metadata editor programs available which can help you to edit metadata of the FLAC files. Here in this this article we have covered few best FLAC tag editor programs for you.
- Part 1. Introduction to FLAC Tag
- Part 2. Best FLAC Tag Editor Recommended- Wondershare UniCoverter
- Part 3. How to Use Music Tag to Edit Flac Tag
- Part 4. Other 5 Free FLAC Tag Editors You Should Know
FLAC format is an audio format which is used to play the audio files. This audio format is also known as Free Lossless Audio Codec. This format is an open source format so there is no limitation on using this format for any purpose. This file format is lossless so the audio files in this format are very big in size as compared to the other audio formats. FLAC files are not tightly bind so this format files comes with the good sound quality as compared to the MP3 audio format. These files are available at the same price as MP3 format.
If you are facing issues with your music libraries and unable to find the right metadata, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) can help you a lot. This is the best FLAC tag editor software which comes with powerful Meta finder in it which can search metadata information of any song using the online websites. You can also enter the metadata manually by using your system keyboard. Not just tag editing, it also comes with the powerful video downloader, recorder, converter and transfer options. It works with audio and video both types of files for adding Meta tags and doing other operations.
Your Complete Video and Audio Toolbox
- Edit flac file tag metadata, including song title, artist name, album name, album cover image, track number and other information.
- Search video and audio files tag metadata automatically, including name, actors, director and other information.
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, such as MP4, AVI, WMV, MP3, MKV etc.
- Versatile toolbox combines GIF maker, cast video to TV, Fix Media Metadata, VR converter and screen recorder.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converter.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files.
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Watch Video Tutorial to Edit Flac Tag on Windows, Similar Steps on Mac
How to Add Meta Information Using Wondershare UniConverter?
Step 1 Add Flac Files to the Best Flac Tag Editor
Start software on your windows computer and then click on Toolbox > Fix Media Metadata. Now in the pop-up window, hit three dots just like the screenshot below and select the FLAC file from the system. Finally click the Open button to add file.
Step 2Search Flac Tag in Flac Tag Editor
Now after adding the Flac file, click the Search option.
Step 4Save New Flac Tag to the Flac File
Wondershare UniConverter will now find and add the new metadata to your audio file. Finally click on the Save button. Now the file will be saved on your computer with the new Meta information. You can also edit the flac files tag automatically and save the tag.
Music Tag is very simple FLAC tag editor software which is available for the windows users. This FLAC tag editor software is able to download the missing tag information for your music library. This is an automated FLAC tag editor program so you just need to add the files for which you need to find the tags and the program automatically download tags for those songs. The software is capable in saving the all new tags directly to the music files and then you can access this information while playing the music in the player.
- It is able to recognize more than 35 million music tracks.
- Automated tag editor software so it automatically add the Meta information without doing any extra effort.
- It is also compatible with the iTunes library.
- Also supports downloading album art for the music files.
How to Edit Music Tag Using this FLAC Metadata Editor?
Step 1: Launch Music tag program on your windows computer and then click the File > Add Files option or select Scan Folders for Music option for automatic scan.
Step 2: Once you FLAC music files are added in the FLAC id3 tag editor software, click on the file name and then the tag information will be available in the right side. Now you can add title, album, artist, genre, track number, disk number etc. Once you are happy with the information then click on the Save button and FLAC tag editor will save song with new information.
Kid3 Tag Editor Software is open source FLAC tag editor windows software which allows users to quickly edit tags for the audio files. This program is capable in adding tags for mostly all types of audio files such as WMA, WAV, TIFF, AIFF etc. Including the audio files, it also comes with the option to add tags for the FLAC, MPC, MP2, AAC and some other video formats.
- It enables you to add tags for the audio and video both types of files.
- Convert the formats of tag as well.
- Compatible only with the windows operating system
- Very less tag are supported by the program.
Frigate3 software is another FLAC tag editor windows program that comes with a very powerful inbuilt file viewer. This file viewer option enables you to view all information about the files including Meta Tags. There are some other utilities also offered with the software such as calculate, smartpad, startup manager, TreeNotes etc. This program is paid but you can go for the trial version to get test the features before buying the premium.
- It can burn CD’s.
- You can view image files as thumbnails as well.
- The program is very costly.
- Unable to give proper options for adding tags.
TigoTago is also FLAC metadata editor software which is available for the windows computers. This windows program is able to process large number of files together in batch and edits metadata of those files. While adding tags for the music files you will have full control and you can see all the changes live. It also supports the browsing tags from online sites such as Discogs, Freedb etc and access the Meta directly from these sites.
- Convert the file formats.
- Search the tags from online sites.
- Not much features are there.
- Very small program and lack of tags.
TagScanner is also a program that offers you to edit metadata FLAC. This FLAC editor software is capable in editing mostly all kinds of popular audio format file tags. This is not just simple tag editor software but also allows you to create playlists of songs, download the covers for music from online sites and play the audio files using the inbuilt media player.
- It can rename the files using the file and tag information.
- Allows you to resize cover arts as well.
- Official support is not good.
- The interface is hard to use.
PiCard is an open source FLAC tag editor windows program. This program is offered for free from the developers and you can use it without any limitations. It is able to edit several audio format files on the windows computers. Using the Picard program you can also lookup a CD directly with just one click and update the metadata information of the songs available in your CD. It also offers you several plugins for the particular features.
- Plugins for the different features.
- Supports MP3, FLAC, OGG, M4A, WMA, WAV and many other formats.
- The interface is little hard to use.
- Unable to process the video files.
Well, these are some of the most popular and powerful FLAC tag editor windows programs which can help you to add metadata to the FLAC files. As per our research and understanding of all programs, we have found Wondershare UniConverter as the best program because of the easiest to use interface and operating system compatibility. This is not just a simple tag editor but also offers you complete multimedia solutions for all your multimedia file problems.