- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Convert Video to Any Format+
- 1.1 Easy Way to Play Quicktime Video
- 1.2 MOV vs MP4
- 1.3 Top 7 MP4 Converter Downloader
- 1.4 Anything to MP4
- 1.5 WebM vs MP4
- 1.6 FLV vs MP4
- 1.7 Convert Stereo to Mono Easily
- 1.8 MPEG vs MP4
- 1.9 Convert VHS to Digital
- 1.10 Top 5 Mono to Stereo Converters
- 1.11 Convert Anything to Anything
- 1.12 10 Ways to Turn Video into Audio
- 1.13 Top 10 Song to Ringtone Converters
- 1.14 Easy Steps to Convert Video to Live Photos
- 1.15 Trim Videos on Windows Media Player
- 1.16 Best Tools to Trim MP4
- 1.17 Convert TS to MP4 with VLC
- 1.18 Easy Steps to Convert Videos to MIDI Files in 2020
- 1.19 How Can You Convert MP4 to MIDI Format in 2020
- 1.20 How to Convert WMA to MP4 Format with VLC in 2020
- 1.22 Best Way to Convert 3GPP to Other Formats in 2020
- 1.23 How to Use Handbrake to Convert WebM to Any Video Format
- 2. Convert Picture to Any Format+
- 3. Tips and Tricks+
- 3.1 What is FLV File
- 3.2 What is M4A File
- 3.3 What is TS File
- 3.4 What is FLAC File
- 3.5 What is AAC Format
- 3.6 What is AAC Audio
- 3.7 What is Cloudconvert
- 3.8 What is MXF File
- 3.9 9 Zamzar converter Alternatives
- 3.10 10 Best Free Key Converters
- 3.11 Free VLC Batch Convert Feature
- 3.12 How to Convert Files
- 3.13 Top 10 Easy Converters
- 3.14 Top 11 Video Clip Converters
- 3.15 Tips and Tricks for Converting It
- 3.16 Online Convert Com Alternative
- 3.17 10 Vector Converters Alternative
- 3.18 How to Open ISO File
- 3.19 Freemake Video Converter Review
- 3.20 Top 10 Online Converter MP4
- 3.21 Top 10 File Type Converters
- 3.22 Top 9 Free Logo Converters
- 3.23 FQA about Windows Media Video
- 3.24 Top 6 Free Sound Converters
- 3.25 Best Apple Compressor Alternative
- 3.26 Top 9 ISO Extractors
- 3.27 AVI vs MP4
- 3.28 10 Solutions to Combine Files
- 3.29 Top 8 TS File Players
- 3.30 6 Tips for Converting SWF Files in 2020
- 3.31 Best Way to Convert MIDI to WAV Format in 2020
- 3.32How to Convert WAV to MIDI Format in 2020
- 3.33 5 Recommended Ways to Convert AC3 Format in 2020
- 3.34 Simple Steps to Convert WMA Format to iTunes Format in 2020
- 3.35 Top 3 Nintendo 3DS Converters
WebM vs MP4: Which One Sounds Better
Which is better WebM or MP4? ---------------Question from Quora
We are living in a world where technology continues to evolve every day. A good example is the video and audio streaming department, which continues to introduce new presets like MP4 and WebM. Although MP4 is a universally accepted format, WebM, on the other hand, offers seamless compatibility with most websites. So today, we want to compare WebM vs MP4 and find out the better format of the two.
- Part 1. What is WebM?
- Part 2. What is MP4?
- Part 3. Most Recommended Way to Convert WebM to MP4 Vice Versa
- Part 4. WebM vs MP4-Which is better WebM or MP4
WebM is an audiovisual container format that was developed in 2010 and later released in July 2019 by Google. Typically, this video file format contains either VP8, VP9, or AV1 video and Vorbis or Opus audio. Today, all major HTML5 web browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera support WebM streaming. You can also play WebM files using VLC, MPLayer, JRiver Media Center, and K-Multimedia Player. But sadly, this video format isn’t supported on Apple Safari and Internet Explorer without additional plugins.
MP4 is an ISO base media container format that was developed by the International Organization for Standardization. It is an extension of the MPEG-4 Part 12 and QuickTime File Format of 2001. Typically, this media container holds video, audio, and text data. It has a .mp4 extension. Today, MP4 is compatible with any media player and can also stream information over the internet. In short, what WebM can do, MP4 can do it even better.
Whether you’ve chosen MP4 or WebM file format, you’ll still need a beautiful video converter/editor to customize your videos. So to get the most out of these presets, download and install Wondershare UniConverter. It can convert MP4 to WebM, and vice-versa with lossless quality. It also supports other standard video formats like VOB, MPEG, 3GP, AVI, and more. Even better, the UniConverter allows editing of WebM/MP4 videos by adding captions, cropping, and more.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Converter
- Convert WebM to MP4 and vice-versa with zero quality loss.
- Convert movies files to optimized preset for almost all devices.
- Download videos from popular sites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vevo, etc.
- 90X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Step 1 Load your videos.
Download this WebM/MP4 Converter for free, then install and run it. After that, drop your WebM and MP4 videos on the Video Converter window. You can also import local files by tapping the button. Also, this app supports batch conversion.
Step 2 Select MP4 format.
Next, click the Output Format: and then tap the Video. Next, choose “MP4” before selecting a video resolution. You can also select a device-ready format by clicking the Device tab.
Step 3 Convert your video.
Now choose a destination folder or path by clicking the Output button. After that, hit the Merge All Files button to join your two video files and then hit the Start All to begin the encoding process.
With these simple steps on the Wondershare UniConverter, you can convert MP4 and WebM files easily and quickly. Don’t also forget to use the editing functions to professionalize your videos.
Now let’s summarize the basics of these two excellent video formats with this WebM vs MP4 comparison table:
* Some of the above codec formats may need to be supported by the system.