- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Convert Video to Any Format+
- 1.1 Easy Way to Play Quicktime Video
- 1.2 MOV vs MP4
- 1.3 Top 7 MP4 Converter Downloader
- 1.4 Anything to MP4
- 1.5 WebM vs MP4
- 1.6 FLV vs MP4
- 1.7 Convert Stereo to Mono Easily
- 1.8 MPEG vs MP4
- 1.9 Convert VHS to Digital
- 1.10 Top 5 Mono to Stereo Converters
- 1.11 Convert Anything to Anything
- 1.12 10 Ways to Turn Video into Audio
- 1.13 Top 10 Song to Ringtone Converters
- 1.14 Easy Steps to Convert Video to Live Photos
- 1.15 Trim Videos on Windows Media Player
- 1.16 Best Tools to Trim MP4
- 1.17 Convert TS to MP4 with VLC
- 1.18 Easy Steps to Convert Videos to MIDI Files in 2020
- 1.19 How Can You Convert MP4 to MIDI Format in 2020
- 1.20 How to Convert WMA to MP4 Format with VLC in 2020
- 1.21 5 Simple Methods to Convert YouTube Video to WMA Format in 2020
- 1.22 Best Way to Convert 3GPP to Other Formats in 2020
- 1.23 How to Use Handbrake to Convert WebM to Any Video Format
- 2. Convert Picture to Any Format+
- 3. Tips and Tricks+
- 3.1 What is FLV File
- 3.2 What is M4A File
- 3.3 What is TS File
- 3.4 What is FLAC File
- 3.5 What is AAC Format
- 3.6 What is AAC Audio
- 3.7 What is Cloudconvert
- 3.8 What is MXF File
- 3.9 9 Zamzar converter Alternatives
- 3.10 10 Best Free Key Converters
- 3.11 Free VLC Batch Convert Feature
- 3.12 How to Convert Files
- 3.13 Top 10 Easy Converters
- 3.14 Top 11 Video Clip Converters
- 3.15 Tips and Tricks for Converting It
- 3.16 Online Convert Com Alternative
- 3.17 10 Vector Converters Alternative
- 3.18 How to Open ISO File
- 3.19 Freemake Video Converter Review
- 3.20 Top 10 Online Converter MP4
- 3.21 Top 10 File Type Converters
- 3.22 Top 9 Free Logo Converters
- 3.23 FQA about Windows Media Video
- 3.24 Top 6 Free Sound Converters
- 3.25 Best Apple Compressor Alternative
- 3.26 Top 9 ISO Extractors
- 3.27 AVI vs MP4
- 3.28 10 Solutions to Combine Files
- 3.29 Top 8 TS File Players
- 3.30 6 Tips for Converting SWF Files in 2020
- 3.31 Best Way to Convert MIDI to WAV Format in 2020
- 3.32How to Convert WAV to MIDI Format in 2020
- 3.33 5 Recommended Ways to Convert AC3 Format in 2020
- 3.34 Simple Steps to Convert WMA Format to iTunes Format in 2020
- 3.35 Top 3 Nintendo 3DS Converters
How to Open ISO File with Quick Steps
Let’s be honest here; ISO files are becoming more vital by the day. These optical disc images not only contain folders and files but also crucial file system information about the optical disc’s structure. ISO images are typically used to back up discs or distribute significant software programs such as operating systems. But sometimes you might need to unpack your ISO files and run them without necessarily loading your CD or DVD. In that case, keep reading to learn how to open ISO file quickly without losing quality.
- Part 1. How to Open ISO File on Windows and Mac
- Part 2. How to Open ISO File with the Most Powerful Video Converter
- Part 3. Extended Knowledge About ISO
In this section, I want to give you a step-by-step process of opening ISO files on both Macs and PCs. Let’s start!
With Mac computers, you’ll first need to install a third-party app called Unarchiver from your Mac’s App Store the do the following:
Step 1: Locate the ISO file you intend to open then select it.
Step 2: Next, click the File > Open With > The Unarchiver.app on Finder to begin extracting ISO.
Step 3: Now open your extracted ISO folder by double-clicking it.
Windows users can start by installing WinRAR on their computers. It’s a free program, so you won’t subscribe or pay anything.
Step 1: Go to File Explorer and locate your ISO file, then right-click on it.
Step 2: From the resulting menu, choose the Open With > WinRAR archiver.
Step 3: Wait for a few minutes for WinRAR to extract your ISO files fully.
With the Wondershare UniConverter, extracting your ISO files has never been simpler. In fact, it will take you a minute or so to download, install, and run this ISO file extractor on your Mac or PC. That said, the UniConverter can extract ISO to MP4, MP3, FLV, WEBM, VOB, and many other audio and video formats. It also boasts of a robust media file editor for adding captions, watermarks, effects, and so on. And of course, this app can create ISO images quickly as well.
Wondershare UniConverter - All-in-one Tool
- Extract ISO images to 1000+ audio/video formats, including FLV, MKV, DV, M2TS, and more.
- Convert movies files to optimized preset for almost all devices.
- Download videos from popular sites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vevo, etc.
- It has a 90X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines video metadata, GIF maker, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Step 1 Upload your ISO file.
The first step is to drop your ISO image to the Converter window after running this app. Better still, just click the Load DVD tab to open your ISO files on an optical disc or DVD folder.
Step 2 Select a format.
Once you add your ISO images successfully, click the Output Format then tap the Audio tab. From there, proceed to select your favorite video format. You can also click the Audio if you want to convert ISO to audio files.
Step 3 Convert ISO files.
Now choose a folder where you’d like to save your video on the File Location section then click the Start All. Wondershare ISO Extractor will begin converting your ISO to any digital format.
In simple terms, an ISO file or image is a file container format that holds a complete copy or representation of an optical disc. In most cases, ISO files are used to transfer CD or DVD images over the internet. So, in short, you can create an ISO image by copying your entire disc into a single file. You can only store a single data track on ISO because the data inside is strictly stored in 2048-byte sectors. Here, it’s impossible to save audio tracks, CD+G, multisession, and mixed-mode discs.
- The reason why you can’t store an audio CD inside an ISO Image is that audio tracks don’t have a file system. Instead, they have a continuous stream of coded audio data. Also, Super Video CDs and Video CDs can’t be stored inside an ISO Image because they need a minimum of two tracks.
- Today, there are several methods of opening an ISO file. You can choose to either burn it to a DVD or CD, mount it as a virtual drive, or use a robust audio viewing app like the Wondershare UniConverter.
- To sum it up, ISO files will always come in handy, especially when backing up and transferring significant programs like OS and lengthy videos. However, opening your ISO file requires a third-party tool that can do that without any quality loss. That’s why I recommend Wondershare UniConverter. It’s simple-to-use and is available on both Macs and PCs.