- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Convert Video to Any Format+
- 1.1 Easy Way to Play Quicktime Video
- 1.2 MOV vs MP4
- 1.3 Top 7 MP4 Converter Downloader
- 1.4 Anything to MP4
- 1.5 WebM vs MP4
- 1.6 FLV vs MP4
- 1.7 Convert Stereo to Mono Easily
- 1.8 MPEG vs MP4
- 1.9 Convert VHS to Digital
- 1.10 Top 5 Mono to Stereo Converters
- 1.11 Convert Anything to Anything
- 1.12 10 Ways to Turn Video into Audio
- 1.13 Top 10 Song to Ringtone Converters
- 1.14 Easy Steps to Convert Video to Live Photos
- 1.15 Trim Videos on Windows Media Player
- 1.16 Best Tools to Trim MP4
- 1.17 Convert TS to MP4 with VLC
- 1.18 Easy Steps to Convert Videos to MIDI Files in 2020
- 1.19 How Can You Convert MP4 to MIDI Format in 2020
- 1.20 How to Convert WMA to MP4 Format with VLC in 2020
- 1.22 Best Way to Convert 3GPP to Other Formats in 2020
- 1.23 How to Use Handbrake to Convert WebM to Any Video Format
- 2. Convert Picture to Any Format+
- 3. Tips and Tricks+
- 3.1 What is FLV File
- 3.2 What is M4A File
- 3.3 What is TS File
- 3.4 What is FLAC File
- 3.5 What is AAC Format
- 3.6 What is AAC Audio
- 3.7 What is Cloudconvert
- 3.8 What is MXF File
- 3.9 9 Zamzar converter Alternatives
- 3.10 10 Best Free Key Converters
- 3.11 Free VLC Batch Convert Feature
- 3.12 How to Convert Files
- 3.13 Top 10 Easy Converters
- 3.14 Top 11 Video Clip Converters
- 3.15 Tips and Tricks for Converting It
- 3.16 Online Convert Com Alternative
- 3.17 10 Vector Converters Alternative
- 3.18 How to Open ISO File
- 3.19 Freemake Video Converter Review
- 3.20 Top 10 Online Converter MP4
- 3.21 Top 10 File Type Converters
- 3.22 Top 9 Free Logo Converters
- 3.23 FQA about Windows Media Video
- 3.24 Top 6 Free Sound Converters
- 3.25 Best Apple Compressor Alternative
- 3.26 Top 9 ISO Extractors
- 3.27 AVI vs MP4
- 3.28 10 Solutions to Combine Files
- 3.29 Top 8 TS File Players
- 3.30 6 Tips for Converting SWF Files in 2020
- 3.31 Best Way to Convert MIDI to WAV Format in 2020
- 3.32How to Convert WAV to MIDI Format in 2020
- 3.33 5 Recommended Ways to Convert AC3 Format in 2020
- 3.34 Simple Steps to Convert WMA Format to iTunes Format in 2020
- 3.35 Top 3 Nintendo 3DS Converters
How to Trim MP4 Video with Zero Quality Loss
Long videos not only occupy extra storage space but are also difficult to share over social media, emails, and other mediums. Here, trimming the unwanted parts of your videos will reduce the size, thus making it smaller and easy to manage. To ensure that MP4 videos are trimmed without any quality loss, the right tools and software must be used. Listed below are the best tools to trim MP4 video.
- Part 1. How to quickly trim MP4 Video with VLC
- Part 2. Quick and Easiest Solution for trimming MP4 Videos on Windows /Mac
- Part 3. Free Solution to Trim MP4 Video
VLC is a popularly used media player app that is compatible with all platforms and devices. Besides playing your media files in an array of formats, the player is capable of performing an array of other functions as well. Some of these features include video conversion, merging, trimming, and others. So if VLC is already installed on your system, you do not need to use any other program to trimming your MP4 files. The trimming function works where you can record the part of the video that is required. Thus you can choose the video from point A to point B that you want to cut and save.
Steps to trim MP4 using VLC Media Player
Step 1: Launch the VLC media player on your system. Open the View tab on the main interface and click next to the Advanced Controls option. The recording button will now appear at the player interface.
Step 2: Next, drag the desired MP4 video to the VLC player or import it from the system.
Step 3: Now play the video and then wait for the starting point of the video and then hit on the red recording button. Alternatively, you can also scroll the bar while the video is playing to reach the starting point. Next, as you reach the endpoint again, click on the red recording button. The icon of A to B can also be selected to choose the video part that you require.
Step 4: VLC will cut and trim your video from the selected starting point to the endpoint and will save it to your system at My Videos folder.
Trimming files with precision in a hassle-free manner is possible using professional software, and one such tool that we highly recommend is Wondershare UniConverter. This excellent video toolbox comes with a built-in editor that allows you to perform an array of functions like video trimming, cutting, cropping, adding effects, watermark, and many others. Using the software, you can create multiple segments of the video and then remove the unwanted ones. The remaining ones can then be merged if needed. With support to over 1000 formats, conversion to any possible format is supported without any quality loss and at a super-fast speed. The trimmed and converted files can also be transferred to an iPhone, iPad, and other devices. Video recording, DVD burning, GIF-making are some of the other supported features of Wondershare UniConverter that is available for Windows and Mac systems.
Wondershare UniConverter - All-in-one Tool
- Additional editing functions include cropping, rotating, adding effects, watermark, and others.
- Convert MP4 files to an optimized preset for almost all devices.
- Download videos from popular sites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vevo, etc.
- It has a 90X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines video metadata, GIF maker, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Step 1 Launch Wondershare UniConverter and load the video to be converted.
Open the software on your system and click on the to load the video from your system that you want to trim. Files can also be dragged and dropped.
Step 2 Trim the added video.
- Under the added video, 3 icons for Trim, Crop, and Effect are present. Click on the Trim icon, and a new editing window will open.
- Move the slider at the video timeline and click on the cut button, and a segment will be created. Alternatively, you can also click on the pencil icon to choose the video portion to be selected—these ways, multiple segments can be created.
- Next, choose the segment that you want to remove and then hit on the Delete button. Video parts that are not needed can be deleted similarly.
- Finally, the remaining segments will save to the primary software interface. If you want to merge the segments into a single file, check the box next to Merge into one file, and it will save as a single file to the interface. Hit on the OK button to confirm the settings done.
Step 3 Choose the target format.
Choose the target format of the trimmed video by expanding the drop-down menu at the Output Format tab. Please choose the format and its resolution from the Video tab.
Step 4 Process and convert video.
The desktop location to save the trimmed and processed video can be selected from the File Location tab. Hit on the Start All button to start with the file processing. The Converted tab on the interface allows you to check and manage the processed files.
Online programs that work from the browser interface can also be used for trimming MP4 and other videos. These programs are free to use, requires no registration, and comes with simple functions. Listed below are the popularly used online trimming programs.
Files from the computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, and URL can be added to this online program for the trimming pros. After the file is added, you can choose the video part that needs to be trimmed. You can choose to keep the output file quality the same as the original file or opt for no re-encoding. The trimmed file can be saved to the system or can be saved to the cloud storage as well.
- Allows adding files from multiple sources.
- Trimmed files can be saved to cloud storage in addition to the local system.
- Internet dependency.
- There is no option to choose the output format.
This is free to use tool that allows adding local and online videos for the trimming process. The added file can be trimmed by either moving the slider or selecting the start or the end time. 5seconds timestamps are also available for you to choose the part to be trimmed. Multiple cuts, as needed, can be added to the video. In addition to trimming, other editing functions are also supported by the tool.
- Local and online videos can be added for trimming.
- Multiple cuts can be added to the file.
- An array of other editing functions are also supported.
- For the new user, the interface for additional editing functions can be a little confusing.
- Dependent on internet availability.
This browser-based program allows you to choose video files from the cloud or from your local system for trimming. Once the file is added, you need to select the start and the end time for the part you want to cut. The option to extract selected or delete selected is available. You can even choose to Fade In or Fade Out the video as required.
- Video to be trimmed can be added from the cloud or local system.
- Fade in and Fade out options available.
- Slow processing speed.
- There is no option to select the target format.
- The trimmed file comes with a watermark.
So to trim MP4 video and get rid of unwanted parts of the file, online tools or professional software as required can be used. Online tools are simple and freely available, but on the flip side, they are internet-dependent and do not offer any advanced features. For trimming your files hassle-free with advanced features, software like Wondershare UniConverter works best. Not only trimming, but the software also supported cropping, adding effects, file conversion, download, and a host of other features.