- 1. Compress Video/Audio in Different Formats+
- 1.1 Compress MP4 on Winodws & Mac
- 1.2 Reduce Size of MP4
- 1.3 Resize MP4 Videos Online
- 1.4 Compress MP4 Online
- 1.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 1.6 Compress FLV
- 1.7 Compress MKV
- 1.8 Compress MOV
- 1.9 Compress MOV Online
- 1.10 Compress WMV
- 1.11 Comrpess M4V
- 1.12 Compress MPEG/3GP
- 1.13 Compress H264 File
- 1.14 Compress AVI File
- 1.15 Reduce Size of MKV
- 1.16 Top 5 WebM Compressors
- 1.17 Compress WAV Free Online
- 1.18 FLAC Compression Software
- 1.19 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 1.20 Compress M4A Files Free Online
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 2.1 Compress iPhone Video
- 2.2 Compress Camcorder Video
- 2.3 Compress GoPro Video
- 2.4 Compress QuickTime Video
- 2.5 Compress Fraps Video
- 2.6 Top 12 File Compressor for Android
- 2.7 MMS Video Size Limit for iPhone/Android
- 2.8 Shorten Videos on iPhone
- 2.9 10 Video Compressor App Android/iPhone
- 2.10 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 3.1 Resize Video in iMovie
- 3.2 Make VLC Resize Video
- 3.3 Make Windows Movie Maker Resize Video
- 3.4 Different Apps to Compress Video
- 3.5 Compress Videos with Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 3.6 Use FFmpeg to Resize Video
- 3.7 Apple Compressor 4 Alternative
- 3.8 Top 6 Clipchamp Alternatives
- 3.9 Top 7 Video Cutter and Compressor
- 3.10 HandBrake Video Compressor Alternative
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 4.1 Compress Video for Email
- 4.2 Compress Video for Web
- 4.3 Compress Video for YouTube
- 4.4 Compress Video for Vimeo
- 4.5 Compress Video for Facebook, Instagram
- 4.6 Twitter Video Compression
- 4.7 Resize Facebook Video Size
- 4.8 Resize Instagram Video Size
- 4.9 Compress YouTube Video Size
- 4.10 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.11 Send Large Files via Email
- 4.12 Compress Files for WhatsApp
- 4.13 Send Long Videos on WhatsApp
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 7 Video Compressors
- 5.4 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.5 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.6 Top 8 Audio Compressor Free Online
- 5.7 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.8 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.9 Compress A Video
- 5.10 Compressed Video Formats
- 5.11 Top 8 Compression Software 2019
- 5.12 Top 9 File Compressors
- 5.13 How to Make A File Smaller
- 5.14 How to Make Video Smaller
- 5.15 Lossless Compression
- 5.16 Top 10 Ways to Reduce Video Size
- 5.17 Compress Files & Folders
- 5.18 Compress Folder Online and Free
- 5.19 Top 6 Online Size Converters
- 5.20 Top 10 Ways to Send Large Videos
- 5.21 Top 5 Video Resizer
- 5.22 Top 6 File Size Reducer
- 5.23 Shorten a Video Online and Free
- 5.24 Change MP4/MP3 Bitrate
- 5.25 11 Ways to Compress Videos Free Online
Top 8 Audio Compressor Online and Free 2019
Audio files are usually referring to the music files. Sometimes, when we download audio and music files from the internet they are downloaded in very high quality which makes it difficult for you to share the songs. As this reason, many people are looking for the best audio size compressor for Windows/Mac or online. In this article, we are going to explore the top 7 audio compressors online and the best alternative to all online tools.
- Part 1. Best Alternative to Compress Audio Files in Batch Easily
- Part 2. Top 7 Online Audio Size Compressors You Should Know
- Part 3. Comparison Between Desktop and Online Audio Compressor
Part 1. Best Alternative to Compress Audio Files in Batch Easily
The best alternative to online audio compressor is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). It is an an-in-one tool which can fulfill various audio and video requirements. Whether you want to convert the format of the files, reduce the size, burn it to disc, or transfer the files into some other device, Wondershare UniConverter can do it all. This software is a complete utility kit for media files. It's available for both Windows and Mac users, so you can use it to compress audio file size without losing quality easily and quickly.
- Compress audio file size without losing any quality on Windows/Mac.
- Reduce audio file size by changing bit rate, sample rate, encoder, and other parameters.
- Convert and compress audio files in 1,000+ formats including MP3, WAV, M4A, M4B, etc.
- 30X faster compressing speed than any audio compressor.
- Download YouTube videos and playlist to MP3 or other audio formats by pasting URL.
- Transfer compressed audio files from PC/Mac to iPhone/Android devices via a USB cable.
- Supports batch processing to compress and convert multiple videos at a time.
- Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, GIF Maker, Fix Media Metadata, Cast to TV, etc.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/2003/Vista/XP, Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps to Compress Audio Files Using Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1 Launch the Software and Add Audio Files
Once the Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is installed, run it on your PC/Mac, the Convert tab will open up automatically. Click on the Add Files button and locate your audio files from the storage. You can select multiple files at the same time.
Step 2 Choose Output Audio Format
Click on the Convert All Files to: button and click on the Audio tab. From the options, select the format you want to convert.
Step 3 Customize Audio Compression
You can find the +Create Custom option on the format list. Tap on that option and a small window will open up. In the window, you can customize the audio encoder, sample rate, channel and bit rate. Give a title to the customized size and save it.
Step 4 Convert Audio Files in Batch
Once you have finalized all the changes, click on the Convert All option at the bottom of the interface and all the file size and formats will be converted in batch. The process will be finished within a few minutes.
Part 2. Top 7 Online Audio Size Compressors You Should Know
There are various online tools available that can compress the size of audio files easily and quickly. Let's take a look on the list of online tools we have gathered for file compression.
To shrink audio file size online, MP3Smaller is a very useful service which is also free. With the help of this tool, you can reduce the size of MP3 audios. Just click on the Browse button and upload your file on the website after selecting the bit rate. You can customize the file size within the bit rate list. You won't have to register for an account or have to pay a fee to download the reduced size file. You can upload the file of up to 150 MB without any restriction and the files will be deleted after a few hours.
This website is designed as a multipurpose platform for file conversion and compression. So, if you want to compress an audio file online for free, then you can use this website. You can browse your files from URL, Google Drive, Dropbox, and system storage too. Just load the file in the interface and select the format and quality. You will also have options to edit the track info and change advanced settings such as bit rate, sample rate, channels, and effect. Finally, click on the Convert option and your files will be compressed as quickly as possible.
If you want a simplified and easy audio size compressor then there is no better option than YouCompress. Just select the file from the storage and upload the file and compress it. The file will be compressed in a matter of seconds depending on the size of the file. The file compression size will be automatically decided by the server. You can compress the size up to 66%. After downloading you can manually delete the file from the server too.
4. Gary's Hood
It is another convert and compresses audio file online tool. This tool can easily compress audio files of various formats including WAV, MP3, AIFF, AAC, etc. into any other format. The platform won't even save your files for a minute. The files will be converted within a while and as soon as you download the files it will be erased completely. You have to manually save the file in your storage. You can customize the bit rate and output format according to your needs. The maximum bit rate is limited to 256 kbps and the maximum file size is limited to 8MB.
AConvert is another audio compressor online which offer you a variety of options to reduce the file size. You are free to choose the files from local storage, online file, Google Drive, and Dropbox. Once you have loaded the file in the website interface, you can customize the target format. Audio bit rate and sample rate according to your requirements. Finally, tap on the Convert Now option and you will be able to reduce the file size. Once the file is compressed you can either directly save the files on Cloud storage or save it in the system storage.
Compress MP3 Online is also a very useful tool. It can compress audio file online for free, but has a file size limitation over the audio files. As long as your files are up to 150 MB you can easily compress them to reduce their size. The online tool will reduce the file size by changing the bit rate of the audio file. You can select the bit rate from a variety of options. So, whether you want to reduce the file size to save it on your Android phone or iPhone, you can convert the format of the file accordingly. Plus, the files compressed by the website will be deleted after a few hours.
When we are discussing the most suitable online audio size compressor, how can we forget the multi-purpose converter platform? Online-Convert.com is a very useful and comparatively effective audio file converter and compressor. You can upload the file on the website server and wait while is it uploaded. You can also load the files from URL, Google Drive, and Dropbox too. Once the file is uploaded, you can use the optional settings to change audio bit rate, sample rate, channels, and can also trim and extract audio from video files. If you want to save your settings, then the platform also offer you a registration service which is also free.
Part 3. Comparison Between Desktop and Online Audio Compressor
To help you to decide which tool is the best audio size compressor, we are providing them with a comparison table. In this table, we have measured all the metrics which determine the reliability of the compression tool.
|Features/Tools||Wondershare UniConverter||MP3Smaller||Online Audio Converter||YouCompress||Gary's Hood||AConvert||Compress MP3 Online||Online Convert|
|Supported System||Mac and Windows||Online||Online||Online||Online||Online||Online||Online|
|Audio Formats||Over 1000+ audio formats including MP3, WAV, M4A, etc.||Only MP3||8 Formats||Only MP3||More than 30 formats||More than 10 formats||Only MP3||Almost 50 formats|
|Customize Compression Settings||Compress bit rate, file size, output format, sample rate, channel, encoder, etc.||Only bit rate||Bit rate, sample rate, and channel.||No customization||Bitrate and Output format||Format, audio bit rate, and sample rate||Only bit rate||Bit rate, sample rate, channel, and edit option|
|Compress Quality||Full quality without any loss||Average||Average||Can’t be customized therefore bad quality||Average||Average||Good||Good quality|
|Compress Speed||30 times faster||Normal speed||Good||Good||Slow||Slow||Normal Speed||Good|
|Batch Compress||Yes, batch compress without limits||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|File Size Limitation||No||150 MB of files||No||Up to 150 MB||8 MB per file||Up to 200 MB||Up to 150 MB||No|
|Network Situation||Not rely on network connection||Highly dependable||Highly dependable||Highly dependable||Highly dependable||Highly dependable||Highly dependable||Highly dependable|
Conclusion: From the comparison table, it is pretty clear that Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is a far better tool than online audio compressors. Therefore, it is recommended to use this tool as it has no file size restriction and offers various other functions. For learning more audio compressors, you can read the introduction of the Top Free Audio Compressors >> to know more.