- 1. Compress Video in Different Formats+
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 5.4 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 5.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 5.6 Top 7 Video Compressors
- 5.7 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.8 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.9 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.10 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.11 Compress A Video
A large AVI file or some big AVI files may often give you trouble. Their relatively fatter bodies, compared with other multimedia format, often contributes a lot in occupying our disk space, which result in lower and lower running speed of our computer. Moreover, it also causes problem when we want to share our favorite AVI movies on YouTube or Twitter. Is there any way to compress AVI files on Windows? Sure, please follow this article. (Note that, the Mac version lets you compress AVI on Mac.)
- Part 1. Solutions to Compress AVI Files with AVI Compressor
- Part 2. A Step-by-Step Guide to Compress AVI Files
An old idea is to compress AVI files with some standard compress utilities like pkzip or .rar files. However, the result is less satisfactory, let's try something new.
Solution 1: Convert your old AVI files to new AVI files or other formats like MP4, FLV, WMV files. With the new decoding and encoding skills, it will render smaller size comparatively.
Solution 2: Compress your AVI file by editing them: 1) Trim your AVI files: delete pointless parts and only keep your desired part. 2) Crop your AVI video as per your watching taste.
Solution 3: Reset the parameters: you can reset the frame rate, bitrate, resolution, etc. to cut the size down greatly.
Luckily, this all-in-one video compressor(Windows 10 supported) can achieve all above functions. It can convert your original AVI files to virtually all other formats with great compatibility. With its batch conversion ability and built-in editing tools, you can compress AVI files at your fingertips. Here comes a detailed instruction on Windows. (For Mac users, you can also download the AVI compressor Mac here.)
Your Complete Video Toolbox & AVI Compressor
- Convert AVI video to over 1000 formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert any video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Preparation: Download this Wondershare video ompressor, and install it. Two versions are available (Mac version and Windows version (Windows 10 included), share the same features), and here we'll take Windows version as an example.
Step 1 Load your AVI files to this AVI compression software.
Install and run this AVI compressor, drag & drop AVI files to the main interface, or go to the Menu bar and choose Convert -> Add Files to load your AVI files. You can add a couple of AVI files and do batch conversion to save your time greatly.
Step 2 Compress your AVI files by trimming or cropping (Optional)
Compress AVI files by trimming: Go to Trim window. Drag the slide bar to move back, and click Cut button to split the video into different segments. Select the segment you want to delete, and then click Delete button to go ahead. Then click Save button to return to the main interface.
Compress AVI files by cropping: Click Crop icon to enter Crop window, and then adjust the crop area size from the pop-up edit window.
Step 3 Select the output format.
Click the inverted triangle beside Convert all files to: to enter the "Output Format" pane to open the dropdown list and select AVI, or MKV, MP4, M4V, FLV, etc. from "Format">"Video".
Click the Settings icon to set parameters for both audio and video, including resolution, frame rate, encoder, bitrates, etc. This way can cut down your AVI size a lot.
Step 4 Start Compressing AVI files now.
Click Convert All and let this smart video converter (Windows 10 supported) do the rest for you. If you don't want to wait around during conversion, you can let it run in the background. That's all. Great job!
Here is the brief video tutorial for compress video.